Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I have to be on site atleast twice a week for particular security checks. But now that I think about it, I could probably get these done from a hotel office in the building with the correct setup. 

They can totally accommodate me, you are right. I actually never considered moving this particular work station to another restricted room. I just assumed it had to be done here. Im going to ask them about that today.

Do you need to get permission to do that?  Can you just set up at the other workstation on the days you come in?  

52 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s not just a waste of time, it’s counter productive. Let nature takes it course and try to keep schools functioning as well as possible in the meantime. 

Pretty much. If vaccines were a scarce commodity, I would understand. But they’re not so who cares honestly if some dude on a ventilator feels regret. They finally get to test out “the cure can’t be worse than the disease” mantra in the real world. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I hate to say it but some people are beyond hope or salvation. The best course of action honestly is to just let those people straight up die. I know doctors can't do this because they swore an oath but I wouldn't let anyone who is eligible for a vaccine but doesn't get one get medical treatment if they get COVID.

I'm tired of catering to the lowest common denominator. They had plenty of chances and we've tried enough to educate them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Pretty much. If vaccines were a scarce commodity, I would understand. But they’re not so who cares honestly if some dude on a ventilator feels regret. They finally get to test out “the cure can’t be worse than the disease” mantra in the real world. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah the vaccines are expiring from hitting shelf life because people won’t take them. 

this isn’t a resource issue. Or a knowledge issue. Or an issue with trying. 

they’ve hitched their wagon to the anti-science, anti-intellectual, anti-academic, anti-medicine horse. 

let it take them where it takes them. 

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

How are you even supposed to reach out to people like this?

You can't... but, even though he doesn't know, he doesn't need to get the vaccine since he already got covid. His immune system has already produced the anti-bodies and will protect him against future infections. 

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' Recommendation On The COVID-19 Vaccine Is Turning Heads

It wasn't too long ago — just over a week, in fact — that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis commissioned a range of merchandise that took aim at infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci. The products — which included drink koozies and T-shirts reading, "Don't Fauci My Florida"– came as the state experienced increasing rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths (via Yahoo). 

But with Florida now accounting for 20% of all new COVID infections in the U.S. (via CBS-Miami), DeSantis appears to have decided to take a stand regarding the vaccine — and its one an anti-vaxx base may not want to hear. "If you're vaccinated, fully vaccinated, the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying from COVID is effectively zero," he said Wednesday (via The Hill). "If you look at people that are admitted to hospitals, over 95% of them, are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all. And so these vaccines are saving lives. They're reducing mortality." 

Twitter was flabbergasted by DeSantis' shift

Click on the link for the full article

Over here the covid QR code vaccination certificate is being stored in the computers of the fitness clubs. No vaccine no access to the fitness club gateway. Restaurants, movie theatres, pubs, etc... are next.

Edited by FrFan

37 minutes ago, China said:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' Recommendation On The COVID-19 Vaccine Is Turning Heads

It wasn't too long ago — just over a week, in fact — that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis commissioned a range of merchandise that took aim at infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci. The products — which included drink koozies and T-shirts reading, "Don't Fauci My Florida"– came as the state experienced increasing rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths (via Yahoo). 

But with Florida now accounting for 20% of all new COVID infections in the U.S. (via CBS-Miami), DeSantis appears to have decided to take a stand regarding the vaccine — and its one an anti-vaxx base may not want to hear. "If you're vaccinated, fully vaccinated, the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying from COVID is effectively zero," he said Wednesday (via The Hill). "If you look at people that are admitted to hospitals, over 95% of them, are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all. And so these vaccines are saving lives. They're reducing mortality." 

Twitter was flabbergasted by DeSantis' shift

Click on the link for the full article

Somebody told DeSantis that the people getting Covid were 95% Republican.  

47 minutes ago, China said:

"If you're vaccinated, fully vaccinated, the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying from COVID is effectively zero," he said Wednesday (via The Hill). "If you look at people that are admitted to hospitals, over 95% of them, are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all.

100% of people that think 5% is the same thing as zero % are unvaccinated.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

If the WFT has to forfeit a game due to COVID related stuff, I am going to be ****ING LIVID that I will miss out on one of the games because of these stupid young ****ing idiots on the team.

It's going to happen. It is inevitable at this point. I said this in the Stadium and the typical waffle stomper Trump supporters took offense to it :ols: 

I really wonder if this is the JDR effect on these guys. I get Montez has had some misdiagnosis in the past for his heart....but still, it doesn't excuse this. 50% is inexcusable  

3 hours ago, zskins said:

You can't... but, even though he doesn't know, he doesn't need to get the vaccine since he already got covid. His immune system has already produced the anti-bodies and will protect him against future infections. 

Back in April they had expanded that to 6 months. I haven’t checked since then as I got vaccinated. 

but it’s not a forever thing (unless that changed) and he will eventually need to be vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

If the WFT has to forfeit a game due to COVID related stuff, I am going to be ****ING LIVID that I will miss out on one of the games because of these stupid young ****ing idiots on the team.

let me help you:

this team isn’t worth your emotions. At least not currently. 

you’re welcome ;) 

• Like 1

Ok. Reading the 78% of players thing…

this is a non issue. 

the issue at hand is canceling a game. 

the cdc does not require nor recommend you quarantine after being exposed to covid so long as you’re vaccinated. 

so a team may have roster problems. But unless they’re way under the 78% mark they won’t have to cancel a game. They may lose cause they’re short key players. But they won’t have to cancel the game. 

it’s just a push to pressure the remaining hold outs and win some pr for being tough. 

guarantee you if they were at a 20% vaccination rate they don’t do any of this. 

Also I bet this is equally aimed at vaccinated players that may try to say they won’t play if a handful of unvaccinated players test positive. Because now if the vaccinated players do that, no one gets paid. Kind of ****ty but also consistent with the current science (and greediness of billionaires)

Edited by tshile

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

this is a non issue. 

the cdc does not require nor recommend you quarantine after being exposed to covid so long as you’re vaccinated. 

so a team may have roster problems. But unless they’re way under the 78% mark they won’t have to cancel a game. They may lose cause they’re short key players. But they won’t have to cancel the game. 

it’s just a push to pressure the remaining hold outs and win some pr for being tough. 

But not all teams are at 78%.  WFT for example looks to still be under 50%.  So I think that is where they are trying to avoid issues.

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

this is a non issue. 

78% is across the league.  Some teams are a little above 50% according to the WP.  But let’s say it’s 78% for each team.  That’s still about a dozen guys for each team.  You could have an entire position group that’s impacted…like Denver’s QBs.  You could realistically have a team go into a game with it's entire offensive line unable to play.  If you’re a team like KC, Buf, or LAC you’d have to take the forfeit instead of putting your franchise QB in jeopardy. 

Selfishly, I like this move by the NFL.