Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, to me, every person yelling that they have a right to walk around unmasked and unvaccinated, might as well be yelling that they have a right to drive drunk.  

I don’t see why I can’t smoke on an airplane.  If you don’t like it or are scared of second hand smoke, you can drive.  Muh Fredums!!!

• Haha 2

Why vaccinated America can't turn its back on unvaccinated America

Getting more Americans vaccinated should be important to the majority of American adults who have already gotten the shot, experts say.

Why it matters: Beyond the philosophical considerations, public health experts say there are direct impacts — including the risk of breakthrough cases, new variants and economic pullbacks.

"The key thing that keeps getting lost is that this matters to the vaccinated," said Leana Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University.

The first concern is for the immediate health of the unvaccinated, as well as the pressure that caring for them puts on local health systems.

"Hospitalization and deaths in the U.S. are going back up. We can see the actual impact of it right now," said Jen Kates, KFF's senior vice president and director of global health and HIV policy.

"We're seeing a lot of nurses with compassion fatigue, and I am really scared how that is going to play out because a lot of the cases we're seeing are in non-vaccinated individuals," one western Arkansas nurse told CNN.

Breakthrough infections — infections in vaccinated people — are still rare, and few are life-threatening, but COVID-19's continued circulation makes them more probable, and it will also help give rise to new variants.

The more people COVID can infect, the higher the possibility of new variants that are more transmissible, deadly or even able to evade the defense of our vaccines.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

Me too sister.  I think I like bars and airplanes better without the smoky clouds in hindsight.  

They certainly look cooler with the clouds though.

At least from the old historical photos I can view from the internet 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

BUT THEY WON'T 

THEY JUST WON'T 

WTF are you supposed to do when they just stomp their feet and refuse? 

Give them covid.

If we had a semi human Republican that had beaten Hillary; would the anti vax sentiment be as high?

Edited by Rdskns2000

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Give them covid.

If we had a semi human Republican that had beaten Hillary; would the anti vax sentiment be as high?

Republicans haven't had any actual policy concerns outside of Taxes for a while. Though they faked it, ultimately they motivated people to vote through fear and anger for the last 20 something years as far as I can tell. They were bound to eventually see that they didnt have to fake it any more and the pandemic (something scary, that took your whole life from you and make you mad) just played right into it. 

So yes, it was inevitable. They were barking up the vaccinations cause autism tree at least enough for it to be a commonly known 'question'. Thats an easy example, im sure there are more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Give them covid.

I'm gonna say no.  I've had talks about this with friends/family and I 100% believe that if Trump had supported wearing masks and did not downplay the virus, you would have seen his supporters open carrying outside of grocery stores, etc., trying to intimidate those not wearing masks.

I'm also surprised (well, not really) that his loyal supporters who continue to downplay the virus and refuse to get vaccinated, etc. don't realize how bad he duped them all.  I mean I can't tell you how many times on social media platforms, groups on FB, etc. that I've read negative posts regarding the vaccine and I'm like the former president had covid, was given an experimental antibody ****tail to treat it (one that nobody has access to) and got fully vaccinated in January 2021.  

That should make some lightbulb go off in their heads.  If the virus was nothing, just the flu, etc. then why would he accept experimental treatment and get vaccinated?  He even encouraged everyone get vaccinated.  It's extremely frustrating.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

BUT THEY WON'T 

THEY JUST WON'T 

WTF are you supposed to do when they just stomp their feet and refuse? 

Put them in timeout.  For adults that means declaring a health emergency and physically locking them in quarantine like they did in China at the beginning of all this.  They want to complain about their rights and freedoms, give them something to complain about.

• Like 1

Health experts expect more vaccine mandates once FDA grants full approvals

The United States could see a wave of Covid-19 vaccine mandates as soon as the Food and Drug Administration grants full approval to one or more of the shots, public health experts predicted.

The three vaccines authorized by the FDA for emergency use against the coronavirus have proven safe and effective under that expedited review process and in the real world, and doctors and the nation's top public health officials have said there's no need for anyone to wait to get inoculated.

But as the pace of vaccinations lags and concerns about the highly-contagious delta variant grow, the official regulatory signoff would remove a significant legal and public relations barrier for businesses and government agencies that want to require vaccinations for their employees and customers, former health officials from the Biden and the Obama administrations said.

“I think once the vaccines go through full FDA approval, everything should be on the table, and I think that everything will be on the table at the level of municipalities, states, employers, venues, government agencies,” said Andy Slavitt, who stepped down as President Joe Biden’s Covid response coordinator last month and remains in close contact with administration officials.

Click on the link for the full article

I assume the military will mandate it once the vaccines have been fully approved.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don’t get why so many of his supporters still aren’t getting vaccinated when even Trump has said people should get vaccinated.  Granted he hasn’t been shouting it from the rooftops but he has said it on multiple occasions.

They're not saying people should get vaccinated.  They're trying to insulate themselves from the predictable consequences of their actions.  

Yeah, Ron DeSantis threatened to use taxpayer entities to prosecute any business which in any way encouraged vaccinations.  But look.  In this one speech here, he included the phrase "people should get vaccinated (if they want to)" somewhere in the middle f his rant abut how he will give his very life to protect the freedom of anti-vaxers.  

My anti vax cousin just got airlifted to a hospital in NC.  He has a bad case of pneumonia in the lungs as a result of contracting covid.  The *best* case scenario is he will be on a ventilator for two weeks.  If he lives that long.

Get vaccinated people.  For ****s sake.

• Sad 7

45 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

My anti vax cousin just got airlifted to a hospital in NC.  He has a bad case of pneumonia in the lungs as a result of contracting covid.  The *best* case scenario is he will be on a ventilator for two weeks.  If he lives that long.

Get vaccinated people.  For ****s sake.

Sorry to hear that.  How old is he?

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Sorry to hear that.  How old is he?

Late 40s.  Not in the greatest shape but hes not obese or anything.  Im wondering if the rest of that side of the family will finally get their shot.  One family friend already died from covid prior to the vax being widley available.  Its a very rural area.  Maybe this will be a wakeup call.

• Sad 2

I haven't been on here for a while, but most of yall think I'm a troll and I'm not. Most of yall don't agree with my views which is fair cause it's our choice of what we want to believe in. With that said after doing some research for the past week on this Delta strain I've made an appointment to Rite Aid tomorrow to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. The reason I chose that is I just want to get it over with since it's one shot. They told me that I have to get an pneumonia shot as well. I look at it like this I'm like the biggest anti vaccine person there is for the past year and I finally made the decision this morning cause I've seen reports of healthy young people dying of this strain. I don't want to take a chance of getting it and then being an a hospital on a ventilator.  Parts of me before was saying I won't get sick and other parts saying you never know you could end up in the hospital. I just don't think its worth the risk to take now with this strain. I will say this I'm sorry for downing the vaccine and getting in arguments with some of yall over this and I can admit that. I've always trusted my instincts and this is what it's telling me to do. My political views are more conservative but I would like to say I'm independent cause I just don't trust most Republicans and Democrats but I know independents won't win so I vote Republican which I guess you can say that I am. I am a Trump supporter and I don't want you guys to bash me  for that or think of me what ever the media thinks of trump supporters. That's for a different topic topic to discuss with since this is the vaccine topic. I'm hoping I was wrong earlier about the vaccine and I'm getting it tomorrow and I'm sorry for bashing it with yall. I'm not posting this for likes or anything like that I'm just a man that can admit that I was wrong and I'm hoping I was wrong about this.

Edited by RedskinsVa7
  • Like 8

Hey man, I would seriously consider trying to get Pfizer or Moderna. They're both much more effective against Delta, like 88%. First shot you'll likely feel very little in the way of side effects. Second shot, I was really tired for a day but that's about it. You can feel much safer if you get one of those two.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JCB said:

Hey man, I would seriously consider trying to get Pfizer or Moderna. They're both much more effective against Delta, like 88%. First shot you'll likely feel very little in the way of side effects. Second shot, I was really tired for a day but that's about it. You can feel much safer if you get one of those two.

From what I've read that the Johnson and Johnson is effective against the Delta. Is that not true at all?

Edited by RedskinsVa7

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don’t get why so many of his supporters still aren’t getting vaccinated when even Trump has said people should get vaccinated.  Granted he hasn’t been shouting it from the rooftops but he has said it on multiple occasions.

I don't think it's just his supporters not getting vaxxed. IMO, It's younger people of all colors (ie: blue and red) who think they'll beat it. Orlando Fl. (majority blue) has a huge spike going on. They're lined up around the block to get tested. +/- 20% are testing positive. So the other 80%, who are cleared to drive to the next (empty) tent and get the vax, drive right past.. 

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

From what I've read that the Johnson and Johnson is effective against the Delta. Is that not true at all?

I am not sure as I haven’t researched that thoroughly. It appears to be the least effective of the 3 but that’s not to say it “isn’t effective”.

also wanted to say thank you for making the decision to get vaccinated. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

I haven't been on here for a while, but most of yall think I'm a troll and I'm not. Most of yall don't agree with my views which is fair cause it's our choice of what we want to believe in. With that said after doing some research for the past week on this Delta strain I've made an appointment to Rite Aid tomorrow to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. The reason I chose that is I just want to get it over with since it's one shot. They told me that I have to get an pneumonia shot as well. I look at it like this I'm like the biggest anti vaccine person there is for the past year and I finally made the decision this morning cause I've seen reports of healthy young people dying of this strain. I don't want to take a chance of not getting it and then being an a hospital on a ventilator.  Parts of me before was saying I won't get sick and other parts saying you never know you could end up in the hospital. I just don't think its worth the risk to take now with this strain. I will say this I'm sorry for downing the vaccine and getting in arguments with some of yall over this and I can admit that. I've always trusted my instincts and this is what it's telling me to do. My political views are more conservative but I would like to say I'm independent cause I just don't trust most Republicans and Democrats but I know independents won't win so I vote Republican which I guess you can say that I am. I am a Trump supporter and I don't want you guys to bash me  for that or think of me what ever the media thinks of trump supporters. That's for a different topic topic to discuss with since this is the vaccine topic. I'm hoping I was wrong earlier about the vaccine and I'm getting it tomorrow and I'm sorry for bashing it with yall. I'm not posting this for likes or anything like that I'm just a man that can admit that I was wrong and I'm hoping I was wrong about this.

Put the politics aside, doesnt have anything to do with this.

Johnson and Johnson is not as effective against covid and it loses additional ground against Pfizer and Moderna when it concerns the Delta variant.

Good job on coming around to the vax.  Since youve come this far, might as well get one of the ones that protects you better.

Get Pfizer or Moderna.

Dont end up like my cousin.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

First, bless you for getting the vaccine.  Hope everything goes smoothly for you.  

Second, J&J is effective, even against delta.

Third, Pfizer and Moderna are more effective than J&J.  Whether the second shot is enough of a road block to go with J&J is your call.  But any vaccine dwarfs no vaccine by a wide margin.  

• Like 1