Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

6 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The GOP must have seen some dreadful projections about the outbreaks about to happen in their represented communities to start sending out a highly coordinated, increasingly pro-vaccine message.

I know a household that was 24/7 foxnews back to the Bush admin, and just stopped watching cause they got tired of the anti vaccination policy stuff. And they pick being anti vaccine policy because it allows them to do what they’re doing and later claim they weren’t against the vaccine

Also if this new surge gets a lot worst right now is probably the last bailout point for the antivaxers 

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

Also if this new surge gets a lot worst right now is probably the last bailout point for the antivaxers 

We’re headed for 100% population wide seroconversion, either through infection or vaccination. It’ll be interesting to see how what the pace of the outbreak is with some % of the population vaccinated and cutting transmission chains. But everyone who isn’t vaccinated is catching COVID at some point.

• Like 1

maybe this also 'splains the turnaround at Fox concerning the vaccine...

"That law, enacted in December 2020, makes it “unlawful” for a corporation or individual “to engage in a deceptive act or practice in or affecting commerce associated with the treatment, cure, prevention, mitigation, or diagnosis of COVID–19.” My goal in filing this case is to prompt the agency to investigate and bring an end to the apparently deceptive information Fox News has been selling to the consumers of its channel."

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well. Not that we needed the confirmation, but it’s always nice to see evidence that suggests you were right all along…. Kind of hard to ignore the past 18 months and how when it was densely populated cities full of non-white people they had one attitude about it, but when it was their dip**** constituents making up the bulk of the hospitalizations they all the sudden run a media blitz. 

imagine if this cowardly pieces of **** we’re doing this stating March 2020. How different things would/could be. Might not even have a delta variant (stretch, I know, it was first spotted in a different country, but it’s hard to ignore how different things can be if the entire US government is on board together in a crisis, we can make a lot of stuff happen when that’s the case). Or a ****ed up 2020 school year. 

edit: and trump probably wins re-election lol

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

They know it’s about to get bad, the sane part of the country will rightly blame them and that the Dems will use this as an opportunity to pass even more spending and popular public welfare legislation. 

the Dems need, as part of their strategy, to run into the ground the fact that these people greatly exacerbated the economic impact of covid, and were solely responsible for ****ing up the 2020-2021 school year. 

they were willing to mess with the education and development of the children in this country as they view them nothing more than pawns. 

need to include everyone precious high school sports seasons too since that seems to be all a bulk of those people care about (god they’re the worst, couldn’t handle not chewing out early 20’s umpires for how they call strikes at 10$/hr, just ****ed their whole life up not having that opportunity every weekend)

Vaccines👏work

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

They know it’s about to get bad, the sane part of the country will rightly blame them and that the Dems will use this as an opportunity to pass even more spending and popular public welfare legislation. 

• Haha 1

Serious inquiry - conservative work roomie is not going to get vaccinated. And because a certain portion of the company (89%) is vaccinated they have seriously curtailed their covid mandates. You dont have to take your temperature to get in anymore and you dont have to take a rapid test anymore (they used to make people take it daily to get in if you were unvaccinated). That combined with him being masked while im in the office with him made me comfortable. That and we are allowed to 3 days out of the week so he and I would stagger our days so we would never actually see each other unless on a few random days I had to make special trips in. 

Now, he has lost all telework capabilities so he is in this office EVERY day. And with the delta variant I have been more squeamish about it. And knowing for sure he is NEVER getting vaccinated, Im not sure if I should make this a 'thing' at work or not. All of my direct managers are conservative, they are also not getting vaccinated, so I dont really wanna be that guy. But Im much more worried about this sickness than I am being the outcast in my group. So I will say something if I have to. 

I want to know if yall think im at an above normal level of risk or not. I know I can still get sick even being vaccinated (Pfizer) and I know if I do, it shouldn't be as bad. But I dont want this virus, man. I really really dont.  

Even for a 15-minute presser about encouraging socially beneficial behavior, they can’t make themselves just say the right thing and move on. 

Anyways, I honestly don’t care what sob stories come out of these communities when Delta is hammering them. I talked to my grandparents in India when delta was ripping the country apart and people were helplessly trying to access vaccines and medications. People in the developing world with access to 1/10th of our education and resources understand the value of life saving medicines. 

The spoiled, entitled brats in this county who think medical information is more reliable from their favorite talk show pundit rather than healthcare workers deserve everything that happens to them.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I want to know if yall think im at an above normal level of risk or not. I know I can still get sick even being vaccinated (Pfizer) and I know if I do, it shouldn't be as bad. But I dont want this virus, man. I really really dont.  

You are young and I’m assuming not immuno-comprised due to an existing health condition so the vaccine will protect you even if you catch it. But always trust your gut instinct on this stuff. Can you request permanent telework, or do you have to be on-site?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I would say yes. And I would say asking for accommodations to not be around willfully unvaccinated people during a pandemic is not asking too much. I would expect your employer to accommodate you. 

but that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You are young and I’m assuming not immuno-comprised due to an existing health condition so the vaccine will protect you even if you catch it. But always trust your gut instinct on this stuff. Can you request permanent telework, or do you have to be on-site?

I have to be on site atleast twice a week for particular security checks. But now that I think about it, I could probably get these done from a hotel office in the building with the correct setup. 

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

I would say yes. And I would say asking for accommodations to not be around willfully unvaccinated people during a pandemic is not asking too much. I would expect your employer to accommodate you. 

but that’s just my opinion. 

They can totally accommodate me, you are right. I actually never considered moving this particular work station to another restricted room. I just assumed it had to be done here. Im going to ask them about that today.

• Like 1

Ahh, yes, that's more like it KY. Keep electing these dolts to lead you. 

Kentucky lawmaker tweets meme comparing Fauci to cult leader Jim Jones

A Kentucky lawmaker is facing backlash on Twitter after she posted a meme comparing Dr. Anthony Fauci to Jonestown leader Jim Jones.

Kentucky's House Education Committee Chairwoman Rep. Regina Huff tweeted the image Tuesday. Under Jones, the cult leader who led hundreds in a mass suicide in 1978, it reads: "I persuaded over 900 people to drink my Koolaid."

Under the picture of Fauci it reads: "Amateur."

"Some will cavil, they will not be able to help themselves," Huff, a republican, tweeted.

Louisville Courier Journal reporter education reporter Olivia Krauth took a screenshot of the tweet before Huff deleted it. Krauth then shared it on Twitter.

"Disgusting. This should be a fireable offense," one person commented.

"This person has no business charing the education committee," said another.

https://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-lawmaker-tweets-meme-comparing-163604573.html

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Remember when the GOP had a COVID “press conference” that was 10 random chiropractors in lab coats telling us about Hydroxychloroquine and zinc regimens?

Good times!

They still haven’t given up on HCQ, and have even added another useless drug called Ivermecticn to the mix. 

It’s honestly a waste of time and money at this point trying to get the GOP-adjacent country vaccinated. Institute vaccine passports in cities and let the rural and exurban communities engage in their self-determined Darwinian experiment.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Ahh, yes, that's more like it KY. Keep electing these dolts to lead you. 

Kentucky lawmaker tweets meme comparing Fauci to cult leader Jim Jones

A Kentucky lawmaker is facing backlash on Twitter after she posted a meme comparing Dr. Anthony Fauci to Jonestown leader Jim Jones.

Kentucky's House Education Committee Chairwoman Rep. Regina Huff tweeted the image Tuesday. Under Jones, the cult leader who led hundreds in a mass suicide in 1978, it reads: "I persuaded over 900 people to drink my Koolaid."

Under the picture of Fauci it reads: "Amateur."

"Some will cavil, they will not be able to help themselves," Huff, a republican, tweeted.

Louisville Courier Journal reporter education reporter Olivia Krauth took a screenshot of the tweet before Huff deleted it. Krauth then shared it on Twitter.

"Disgusting. This should be a fireable offense," one person commented.

"This person has no business charing the education committee," said another.

https://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-lawmaker-tweets-meme-comparing-163604573.html

How many followers of Jim Jones  did he kill?  

How many followers of Regina Huff?  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Serious inquiry - conservative work roomie is not going to get vaccinated. And because a certain portion of the company (89%) is vaccinated they have seriously curtailed their covid mandates. You dont have to take your temperature to get in anymore and you dont have to take a rapid test anymore (they used to make people take it daily to get in if you were unvaccinated). That combined with him being masked while im in the office with him made me comfortable. That and we are allowed to 3 days out of the week so he and I would stagger our days so we would never actually see each other unless on a few random days I had to make special trips in. 

Now, he has lost all telework capabilities so he is in this office EVERY day. And with the delta variant I have been more squeamish about it. And knowing for sure he is NEVER getting vaccinated, Im not sure if I should make this a 'thing' at work or not. All of my direct managers are conservative, they are also not getting vaccinated, so I dont really wanna be that guy. But Im much more worried about this sickness than I am being the outcast in my group. So I will say something if I have to. 

My thought is since you are young, healthy, and vaccinated, you shouldn’t worry too much.  Yes there is still a risk but there are risks every day you wake up.  Until we start seeing one of the variants really attacking vaccinated people, I’m going to go about my life.  Admittedly I have not data to back this up but I’d bet you are just as likely to get killed in a car accident as you are having major complications if you are vaccinated and take reasonable precautions like washing hands regularly, etc.

27 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It’s honestly a waste of time and money at this point trying to get the GOP-adjacent country vaccinated. Institute vaccine passports in cities and let the rural and exurban communities engage in their self-determined Darwinian experiment

these are the people that don’t think climate change is real, that government is evil creating all sorts of issues solving real problems (healthcare, infrastructure, funding important things Ike nasa), they think brown people are bad/scary/whatever, they think terrorist = Muslim, they think renewable energy = bad, and they find a way to reject any attempted improvement to education. 

social issues like police reform, rights for marginalized groups (race, gender id, gay people)…

they think people like trump are awesome leaders. 

Honestly they’re sort of a giant pain in the ass re: anything related to responsible governance.

It’s not just a waste of time, it’s counter productive. Let nature takes it course and try to keep schools functioning as well as possible in the meantime.