Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty sure all infectious diseases can temporarily survive the immune system.  

That's how one gets the disease.  

Please don’t counter the fear mongering with common sense.  That’s against the rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Six vaccinated countries have high Covid infection rates. Five of them rely on Chinese vaccines

Among countries with both high vaccination rates and high rates of Covid-19 infection, most rely on vaccines made in China, a CNBC analysis shows.

The findings come as the efficacy of Chinese vaccines faces growing scrutiny, compounded by a lack of data on their protection against the more transmissible delta variant. CNBC found that weekly Covid cases, adjusted for population, have remained elevated in at least six of the world’s most inoculated countries — and five of them rely on vaccines from China.

CNBC identified 36 countries with more than 1,000 weekly new confirmed cases per million people as of July 6, using figures from Our World in Data, which compiles information from sources including the World Health Organization, governments and researchers at the University of Oxford. CNBC then identified countries among those 36 where more than 60% of the population has received at least one dose of Covid vaccine.

Those countries numbered six, and five of them use Chinese vaccines as a significant part of their national inoculation programs: United Arab Emirates, Seychelles, Mongolia, Uruguay and Chile. The one country among them that doesn’t depend on Chinese vaccines is the United Kingdom.

Click on the link for the full article

Moderna co-founder says COVID-19 booster shots will 'almost certainly' be needed

The co-founder of Moderna says a regular booster shot will ‘almost certainly’ be needed to increase protection against COVID-19.

Canadian stem cell biologist Derrick Rossi told CTV News Channel on Wednesday that the body’s immune system is "primed by vaccination or primary infection," however that immunity wanes over time if those systems are not challenged.

"I think boosters are most likely going to be in the cards and evidence is pointing towards that so this is the evidence emerging out of Israel that a booster is almost certainly the way," Rossi said.

The comments come after an analysis done in Israel showed that Pfizer-BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine appeared to be less effective against infections caused by the Delta variant compared to other strains of COVID-19.

New York To Close 3 Mass Vaccination Sites

At the height of its vaccine operation in March, the Javits Center distributed more than 13,000 COVID-19 shots in a 24-hour period. But demand at the Manhattan convention center (which opened in January) has since slowed, and the state-run hub will stop offering shots on Friday.

The move is part of a shift away from the outsized venues that characterized early inoculation efforts. Two other large-scale sites—one at Suffolk County Community College in Brentwood and the other at SUNY Ulster—will also cease operations this week, Governor Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.

Cuomo already shut down its vaccine hub at York College in Jamaica, Queens last month and additional sites will close in the coming weeks as part of the state’s plan to pivot resources towards more targeted efforts in areas with lagging vaccination rates, according to the announcement.

"We have achieved great progress in beating back the virus and getting enough New Yorkers vaccinated in order to begin getting back to life as we know it, and our mass vaccination sites were key in helping us get here," Cuomo said in the statement.

About 60% of people have received at least one shot statewide, and 54% are fully dosed, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. But there are still pockets of the city and state where the rates are much lower. Only full vaccination can protect against the delta variant of coronavirus, which is now the dominant form circulating in the U.S.

So.......tonight the wife and I get home from dinner and one of my neighbors was out taking a walk, as we pulled into our drive-way.  He built his house like us, since the beginning of the neighborhood, so we have known each other for two decades.  

Anyhow, I haven't talked to him in a year at least, pandemic.  We get to talking and ****, and my guy starts telling me that once the pandemic started he started researching everything and was staying up until 3-4am every night etc.  Then he hits me with this bomb.

He said his research led him to discovering that Dr. Fauci created the virus (covid-19) in an army lab in North Carolina, 2 hours from Charlotte (but he didn't know where it was - amused, I asked him it it was in Fayetteville, NC) in 2015.  Then he sent it to China and they had a lab mishap and it got out in public, starting the pandemic.

He also said that Fauci was in hiding, for his life in Venezuala (think that was it) cause people are out to kill him.  And that in 2017 Fauci said that there would be a dangerous pandemic to hit the world in 1-3 years.  

It was really hard listening to this............He's a great neighbor.  I just listened, and said, "what ya gonna do" and shrugged.  I've encountered people online spitting crazy ****, but not like this.  This was some high level conspiracy ****. 

• Sad 6

9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So.......tonight the wife and I get home from dinner and one of my neighbors was out taking a walk, as we pulled into our drive-way.  He built his house like us, since the beginning of the neighborhood, so we have known each other for two decades.  

Anyhow, I haven't talked to him in a year at least, pandemic.  We get to talking and ****, and my guy starts telling me that once the pandemic started he started researching everything and was staying up until 3-4am every night etc.  Then he hits me with this bomb.

He said his research led him to discovering that Dr. Fauci created the virus (covid-19) in an army lab in North Carolina, 2 hours from Charlotte (but he didn't know where it was - amused, I asked him it it was in Fayetteville, NC) in 2015.  Then he sent it to China and they had a lab mishap and it got out in public, starting the pandemic.

He also said that Fauci was in hiding, for his life in Venezuala (think that was it) cause people are out to kill him.  And that in 2017 Fauci said that there would be a dangerous pandemic to hit the world in 1-3 years.  

It was really hard listening to this............He's a great neighbor.  I just listened, and said, "what ya gonna do" and shrugged.  I've encountered people online spitting crazy ****, but not like this.  This was some high level conspiracy ****. 

Good for you for staying calm. Seriously.

Did you tell him that you also researched that Fauci was in hiding, but it was in Columbia and not Venezuela.  And that he orchestrated the killing of the Haitian president because he was about to blow the lid off the conspiracy. And that Fauci was also super pissed that his body double the Deep State used to throw out the first pitch at Nats park made such a girlyman  pitch.  

And then did you go into how Sean Hannity set up Bill O’Reilly to steal his time slot?  And that a man of God like O’Reilly would never harass women.  Then Hannity had Seth Rich killed so he could dominate the ratings and prevent Bill from getting his time slot back?

• Haha 1

White House calling out critics of door-to-door vaccine push

“A disservice to the country.” “Inaccurate disinformation.” “Literally killing people.”

For months, the Biden White House refrained from criticizing Republican officials who played down the importance of coronavirus vaccinations or sought to make political hay of the federal government’s all-out effort to drive shots into arms. Not any longer.

With the COVID-19 vaccination rate plateauing across the country, the White House is returning fire at those they see as spreading harmful misinformation or fear about the shots.

When South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster tried this week to block door-to-door efforts to drive up the vaccination rate in his state, White House press secretary Jen Psaki did not mince words in her reaction.

“The failure to provide accurate public health information, including the efficacy of vaccines and the accessibility of them to people across the country, including South Carolina, is literally killing people, so maybe they should consider that,” she said Friday.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Good for you for staying calm. Seriously.

Did you tell him that you also researched that Fauci was in hiding, but it was in Columbia and not Venezuela.  And that he orchestrated the killing of the Haitian president because he was about to blow the lid off the conspiracy. And that Fauci was also super pissed that his body double the Deep State used to throw out the first pitch at Nats park made such a girlyman  pitch.  

And then did you go into how Sean Hannity set up Bill O’Reilly to steal his time slot?  And that a man of God like O’Reilly would never harass women.  Then Hannity had Seth Rich killed so he could dominate the ratings and prevent Bill from getting his time slot back?

Nah, I am pretty sure he has mental health issues.  Years ago, a guy got gunned down the street from us.  He was outside that night, taking his dogs out and heard the shots and saw the shooter as they drove by him and he was scared the shooter may come back and try to harm him.  I asked him if he had a gun or shotgun and he told me that he didn't because he was told that he would be a danger to himself.

I just told him to watch his six until the guy was caught and didn't get into his personal business.  My guess is that may have been a court ruling in the past or something.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

So at this rate eventually it will mostly just be Republicans who will be offing themselves by refusing to get the vaccine.

Well, mostly.  

For example, there are the 3% or so of people who get vaccinated, and it doesn't work.  They can get infected by Republicans.  

• Sad 1