Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

People like Beasley make me think some players should do live donations of their brains for CTE studies. 

He even went with the Montez Sweat special. He said "I'm not going to take meds for a leg that isn't broken."

Can someone please take 10 minutes to teach these dumb****s what vaccines are and how they work? 

• Haha 2

Pro athletes think they are invincible. And in order to allow someone to crash into you every week, you kind of have to think that way. 

However- these athletes are essentially flat earthers in the level of cognitive dissonance needed to say some of those things with conviction. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Is it wrong to kind of hope they get minor covid so they get humbled about it and learn their lesson so they can talk other people into getting vaccinated?

They won’t though. They will say it’s no big deal and rant against the NFL for jeopardizing their employment and quality of life by barring them from the sauna or whatever. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Is it wrong to kind of hope they get minor covid so they get humbled about it and learn their lesson so they can talk other people into getting vaccinated?

That's not how it works.  A COVID-denier who catches a mild case of COVID will only be more convinced that it's overblown.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I've seen the "I won't take a vaccine for something I don't have" thing twice now with Sweat and Beasely.  Is this something that's been going around with anti-vaxxers?  Are they so stupid that they don't realize how dumb they sound?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Chase Young just retweeted Cole Beasley's bull****...we're going to have a major outbreak this season, I can already tell :( 

Unfortunately I'm not surprised,  he scored 19 at the wonderlic. Most aggravating is that no one on the team nor at the NFL Player association can make them change their mind.

Edited by FrFan

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

I'm so depressed now. I've been fully vaccinated for over a month at this point and I'm just now finding out that apparently I can't "actually live" anymore according to the Tao of Beasley.

😢

Have you tested yourself to see how magnetic you've become?

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

853,000 COVID hospitalizations reported last month in U.S., 99.9% in people not fully vaccinated. Not sure how much more data is needed to show how good these vaccines are.

The vaccine resistance isn't because of a lack of evidence.  

Maybe what's needed is some misinformation, or something.  Start shoveling some Internet rumors that Joe Biden is diverting the vaccine to "inner cities" (make sure you use that dog whistle) and away from people who didn't vote for him.  Or maybe he's sending the vaccines to Africa, or Mexico, or something.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

Or maybe he's sending the vaccines to Africa, or Mexico, or something.  

They're actually already doing that.

The first priority for doses shared through COVAX will be Latin America and the Caribbean, South and Southeast Asia, and Africa, the White House said.

The remaining doses will go to countries that have made their case to the White House, including nations such as India that have seen surges in cases; places such as Gaza, which is grappling to rebuild from recent fighting; and neighboring countries such as Canada and Mexico, the White House said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, China said:

I'm aware we're sending them.  (And enthusiastically approve.  At least part of the medicine has to go to the places where the most disease is.)  

Just saying, get some telemarketers oir some such to start planting the seeds of "Biden is plotting to kill "Real Americans" by stopping them from getting vaccinated, cause he likes Africans more" rumors.  Or something.  As we've seen with Right Wing memes, the meme doesn't even have to make sense.  But if it can convince Cletus and Trixie Tractorpull to get vaccinated, I don't even care if it's BS.  

I'm saying that trying to convince them by quoting scientific statistics isn't working, and isn't going to.  This debate, with these people, isn't going to be won by statistics.  It's going to be won by memes.  

• Like 2