Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's more than a third wave, we had that at the end of the year 2020 and into January. 

I went to the grocery store today, mask on. Except for store personnel, I was about the only one. My daughter says about the same at her store.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's more than a third wave, we had that at the end of the year 2020 and into January. 

I went to the grocery store today, mask on. Except for store personnel, I was about the only one. My daughter says about the same at her store.

I still haven't been out anywhere for more than an hour or so with a friend at lunch.  Always wear a Caps mask when I'm in a store, which is rare now since I'm trying to go through all the stuff I bought at the beginning.  I've probably got enough "stuff" to get through another 6 months, just need fresh produce & such. 

• Like 2

A federal judge just ruled against over 100 Houston hospital workers who will be fired if they don't get the COVID-19 vaccine

A federal judge tossed out a lawsuit from more than 100 hospital employees who sued Houston Methodist over its policy requiring all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

The workers alleged in their lawsuit that the hospital was "forcing its employees to be human 'guinea pigs' as a condition for continued employment." They also accused the hospital of violating the Nuremberg Code of 1947, likening the vaccine mandate to Nazi medical experimentation on concentration camp prisoners.

US District Judge Lynn Hughes was not sympathetic to either argument, writing in his order of dismissal Saturday evening that none of the employees were forced or coerced to take the vaccine. He also noted that the hospital cannot violate the Nuremberg Code because it is a private employer, not a government.

"Equating the injection requirement to medical experimentation in concentration camps is reprehensible," Hughes wrote. "Nazi doctors conducted medical experiments on victims that caused pain, mutilation, permanent disability, and in many cases, death."

He added that the workers were free to accept or reject a vaccine and that they would "simply need to work elsewhere" if they chose the latter.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

Vermont becomes first state to reach 80% vaccine threshold

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott (R) announced Monday that 80% of its eligible population has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

Why it matters: Vermont is the first state in the country to reach that threshold. As a result, Scott said he is removing all COVID-19 restrictions.

The big picture: Vermont has led in vaccinations nationwide, and cases have been declining steadily in the state.

As of June 14, Vermont's 14-day change in cases had declined by 34% and hospitalizations were down by 78%, according to the New York Times.

70% of adults in 12 U.S. states have received at least one shot as of June 2, according to CNBC. Overall, 64.4% of U.S. adults nationwide have received at least one dose, according to the CDC.

Yes, but: Vermont's progress on vaccinating the eligible population comes as nationwide vaccination rates continue to wane.

While the country was averaging about 1 million vaccines administered per day over the last week, that's still significantly less than the peak average of 3.3 million per day in early April, per CNN.

Additionally, less than half of adults living in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and Wyoming have received one dose of the vaccine, according to CNN.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 12:16 PM, just654 said:

Hogan ending State of Emergency as of July 1. No restrictions, no mask mandate, including schools and daycares starting July 1

That's stupid.  Kids under 12 won't be eligible to get vaccinated until most likely October.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bearrock said:

That's stupid.  Kids under 12 won't be eligible to get vaccinated until most likely October.

It’s not stupid, ending the state emergency is the right thing to do. Each county, business, person can decide what they want to do. If you want to send your kids with masks next year go for it. But at the state level it was time to end it.

22 minutes ago, just654 said:

It’s not stupid, ending the state emergency is the right thing to do. Each county, business, person can decide what they want to do. If you want to send your kids with masks next year go for it. But at the state level it was time to end it.

For kids under 12, nothing has changed between March 2020 and now (and won't change by beginning of the school year).  If anything, they are more at risk due the new strains being more virulent against younger people compared to the original strain.  Private businesses should be able to do what they wish in this climate and their customers can make their own call.  Kids don't have the choice to not go back to school, thus the mask mandate should've stayed for unvaccinated school age children to attend school.  It is an overly broad policy that doesn't properly consider the nuances of the situation.

• Like 4

Went to a follow-up medical appointment today. Everyone is required to wear a mask. Went to a grocery store afterward, I and maybe three store employees wore masks. Customers and most store personnel didn't wear a mask. 

This is Texas. I'll wear my mask for the foreseeable future.

• Like 6

Biden is on track to fall short of vaccinating 70% of American adults by the Fourth of July

With less than three weeks to go until Independence Day, President Joe Biden’s latest vaccination goals are in jeopardy.

The country is not on pace to hit his two main targets outlined in early May: fully vaccinating 160 million adult Americans and administering at least one shot to 70% of adults across the U.S. by July 4, according to a CNBC analysis of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.

About 65% of adults are at least partially vaccinated as of Wednesday, CDC data shows. Roughly 13.6 million would have to receive their first shot over the next 18 days to get that figure to 70%, an average of about 756,000 new vaccinations each day. The U.S., however, is averaging 336,000 newly vaccinated adults per day over the past week.

If the U.S. maintains that latest seven-day average, 67% of adults will be at least partially vaccinated by that day.

When asked about the consequences of missing the 70% target at a press briefing last week, White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said the Fourth of July would not be the end of the country’s vaccination efforts as the risk of infection and illness remains for those who haven’t gotten a shot.

“If you don’t meet the precise goal and you fall short by a few percent, that doesn’t mean you stop in your effort to get people vaccinated,” Fauci said. “We want to reach 70% of the adult population by the Fourth of July. I believe we can, I hope we will, and if we don’t we’re going to continue to keep pushing.”

On 6/13/2021 at 5:34 PM, skinsmarydu said:

I still haven't been out anywhere for more than an hour or so with a friend at lunch.  Always wear a Caps mask when I'm in a store, which is rare now since I'm trying to go through all the stuff I bought at the beginning.  I've probably got enough "stuff" to get through another 6 months, just need fresh produce & such. 

Went out the first time in 15 months tonight, to eat in an actual restaurant.  Wife and I went to Hooters, zero customers had on masks and three employess had them on.  We didn't wear masks, since we are fully vaccinated, gonna trust the CDC/Faucci I guess........anyhow, it was so nice to get back out, drink beer, eat, etc. 

My parents are coming to town tomorrow, can't wait to see them and give them hugs.  Pretty sure a 13 year old Tazette is going to get tired of the all hugs/kisses that the grandparents will dish out all day :rofl89:

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's still amazing to me that NFL football players can digest and remember incredibly complex offensive and defensive systems and yet still be so insanely ignorant and just downright dumb about so many other things.

People like Beasley make me think some players should do live donations of their brains for CTE studies. 

• Haha 4