Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

On 5/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, China said:

Gov. Ron DeSantis said cruise lines will ‘break Florida law’ if they require passengers to be vaccinated

Republican Governor Ron DeSantis held firm Friday on his pledge to enforce Florida’s vaccine passport law even though it could prevent the cruise lines from setting sail from Florida ports this summer.

The governor said during a stop in Lakeland that any company doing business in Florida, particularly cruise lines, cannot require proof of vaccination for a passenger to get on board.

Florida state law, which bans vaccine passports goes into effect on July 1, and is also outlined in an executive order from DeSantis.

“We are going to enforce Florida law,” DeSantis said. He made it clear that Florida cruise lines, such as Royal Caribbean, cannot make having a COVID-19 vaccination imperative to travel on the ship.

Celebrity Cruises, part of Royal Caribbean, has announced its ship Edge will sail from Port Everglades on June 26 with vaccinated passengers. The company said 98 percent of the ship’s crew and 95 percent of its passengers will be vaccinated.

But that would break state law, DeSantis said.

“You don’t pass laws and then not enforce them against giant corporations. It doesn’t work that way,” DeSantis said Friday.

Click on the link for the full article

Royal Caribbean will charge unvaccinated cruise passengers for tests and have different protocols

Thanks DeSantis!

5 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

My sister-in-law is an antivax nurse. SMFDH.

It's amazing that something like that is even possible. Reminds me of seeing an interview years ago with an astrophysicist who was also a young earth creationist. That one absolutely blew my mind.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's amazing that something like that is even possible. Reminds me of seeing an interview years ago with an astrophysicist who was also a young earth creationist. That one absolutely blew my mind.

I dimed her out to her hospital, didn't name her by name, when she was spouting stuff off about COVID myths. They wanted a name, but I wouldn't give her up. I just wanted them to kinda prod their nursing staff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Less than half the adults in five US states have received their first Covid-19 vaccine dose

The US is reopening far and wide just in time for the summer, a sign that millions are ready to get their life back.

But the loosening of restrictions come as new Covid-19 vaccination rates decrease from spring highs, leaving some areas vulnerable to potential pandemic hotspots and risking the progress the nation has made.

As of Friday, the country was averaging just over one million Covid-19 vaccine doses administered per day over the past week, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

And while CDC data shows that's a nearly 14% increase from the previous week, vaccination rates remain lower than the peak average in early April of 3.3 million per day.

Nearly 64% of adults in the US have received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and about 54% are fully vaccinated, according to CDC data. Yet the Biden administration's goal of having 70% of adults with at least one dose of vaccine by July 4 is expected to fall short.

Less than half of adults living in Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and Wyoming have received one dose of Covid-19 vaccine, according to the CDC this week.

In related news...Alabama tries threatening/scaring it's citizens that they may have to cancel football if they don't get vaccinated:

Alabama school officials urge vaccinations, warn of football, volleyball cancellations

Alabama’s top education official is warning that low levels of child and adult coronavirus vaccinations could lead to youth sports disruptions again this year.

“If we don’t have children vaccinated, then we will have outbreaks this fall,” Alabama State Superintendent Eric Mackey said Thursday. “And when we have outbreaks, we’re going to have large numbers of people quarantined. We’re going to have to cancel volleyball and football games again — the same kinds of things we had to do last year — unless we get more people vaccinated.”

• Haha 3

Who is being hospitalized for Covid-19? The unvaccinated

There are only three Covid-19 patients at Sandra Atlas Bass Heart Hospital at North Shore University Hospital, on Long Island, New York — a far cry from when the hospital, which is part of Northwell Health, had as many as 600 patients during the peak of the pandemic.

All three patients, who are in the intensive care unit, have one thing in common, said Dr. Hugh Cassiere, director of the hospital's critical care services: They're unvaccinated.

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

The trend appears to be occurring at hospitals nationwide.

"I haven't had anyone that's been fully vaccinated become critically ill," said Dr. Josh Denson, a pulmonary medicine and critical care physician at Tulane University Medical Center in New Orleans.

It's been the same for Dr. Ken Lyn-Kew, a pulmonologist in the critical care department at Denver's National Jewish Health: "None of our ICU patients has been vaccinated."

• Like 1