Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

39 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Trump not being humbled or changing his tune about COVID should surprise absolutely nobody. His pathology means that anything good that happens he attributes to solely himself and anything bad he attributes solely to other things or people.

So even though it was the insane battery of costly and experimental drugs that nobody else had access to, along with the best medical care anyone could have, that probably saved his life, in his mind it was because he was just so awesome and superhuman.

Hence I wasn't really surprised when he came back from it even more brash, ****y and reckless than before.

It never ceases to amaze me how the people who are close to him, and have seen his lunacy up close for a long time, still fooled themselves into ignoring what was right in front of them and believing he would change somehow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

It never ceases to amaze me how the people who are close to him, and have seen his lunacy up close for a long time, still fooled themselves into ignoring what was right in front of them and believing he would change somehow.

Because people grifting along with him pretty much don't face repercussions. (Hopefully the end of that sentence becomes "...until they do" but alas). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I spent a week in the hospital when I had it. Trump spent 3 days, I think. If us normal folk got the treatment he did; we would’ve recovered quickly too.

If he was a private citizen; he probably would’ve died from it.

Trump wasn't doing too much for about two weeks out of Bethesda except for brief photo ops, they do have a mini hospital in the White House. He must have been really bad to go to Bethesda.

19 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump wasn't doing too much for about two weeks out of Bethesda except for brief photo ops, they do have a mini hospital in the White House. He must have been really bad to go to Bethesda.

Yeah, from what I've read in the new reporting, it was way worse than most people thought and let on at the time (or even afterwards). Which isn't surprising at all considering he's a 75 year old obese man who never exercises and eats mostly fast food.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Yeah, from what I've read in the new reporting, it was way worse than most people thought and let on at the time (or even afterwards). Which isn't surprising at all considering he's a 75 year old obese man who never exercises and eats mostly fast food.

I do think it’s odd that he isn’t out doing more public appearances/rallies.

36 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And who lies about as often as Loki.  But without the charm.  

34 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I do think it’s odd that he isn’t out doing more public appearances/rallies.

Assume part of it that now, I bet he has to pay for the venue and expenses in advance.  

And no doubt, he's going to find traveling and appearing to be a huge letdown from what it used to be.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

I was at the A's v Giants games last night. Approx 37k.  It was the first time in over a year I have been among that many people and quite frankly the first time I didn't really think about covid the entire time.  Does it help that it was in a region of the country that is generally more favorable to vaccines? Yes, definitely.   It's weird because I thought about it more today than I did when we were there.   We got into the city around 2pm, found a good oyster bar that was doing $1 oysters for happy hour.  It felt.....normal.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Damn,  I went through his daughter’s tweets.  Looked like he was in the hospital from since at least late May.

Stuff like this heart breaking. Please save yourself and others. I wish my dad would of had the opportunity to get a vaccine shot. 

A friends uncle traveled to Mexico and contracted Covid. He passed away a week later. He had the chance to get vaccinated but didn’t. Please get vaccinated. 

• Like 1

Near as I can tell*, we're averaging around 300 deaths/day from this thing, now. And people are talking about it like it's over. 

* It seems odd, maybe even "media conspiracy theory" or some such level, but I had trouble finding recent death levels for the thing. Is it no longer considered newsworthy, or something?  

14 hours ago, China said:

I have no sympathy for morons who refuse to be vaccinated and then pay the price.  Darwinism at work.  

I do feel bad that so many people are being prayed upon by grifters who want to use vaccine skepticism as their next way to grab followers and boost their self-ego. If social media didn't exist the vaccination rate would be much higher.