Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

So at this rate eventually it will mostly just be Republicans who will be offing themselves by refusing to get the vaccine.

Sorry to sound cold hearted but...

DeficientMasculineCurassow-size_restricted.gif

The big problem is whatever it mutates into given a large pool of walking petri dishes.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just one more reason to avoid them like the plague (like I needed another one)

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, gbear said:

I will be honest, I worry more about gamma than delta or delta plus.  Gamma is spreading through the pacific NW now.  Evidently, it is becoming the dominant strain there.  

As I read through everyone quoting the CDC, I think that is great.  However, I also look to information from the countries where I have friends and family to see what is happening there (mostly Germany and Israel).  The friends I have in Israel say they are experiencing a wave of closures due to the delta variant.  Why is this important to me?  The answer is they are a highly vaccinated population.  If it can happen there, we should watch for it here and in my family's case, take the precautions we can take.   

Delta is for sure the biggest threat, it is already the dominant U.S. strain and will be  close to 100% of our cases at some point just. It is also the only strain so contagious that it is becoming the globally dominant strain, which has not occurred yet to this point. To this point it has been regional, but Delta will be the sole strain eventually.

Good thing is the best data we have (from Scotland and UK) shows full vaccination is still around 80% against infection, better against symptomatic disease and terrific against anything worse. But the pockets of America where vaccinations are low, sadly are going to explode in cases.

It should be stated though, no variant exists that evades vaccine protection yet in the sense of "my vaccine is useless". Certain variants, especially Delta, have a higher chance of infection but - maybe a 10% drop from wildtype SARS COV 2 based on the best data we have but the average person who isn't like 90 or immune compromised should not be thinking, my vaccine has been rendered ineffective.

Edited by Sticksboi05

SD with far less population density and an overall younger population too than SF. ****ing brutal response by their leaders.

Edit..not to mention that SF was one of the major early epicenters and didn't have months to plan and respond like SD did. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Damn, this plus the news of teacher getting fired for assigning reading, Tennessee must be getting jealous of Florida.

They're just upset that they don't have as low a vaccination rate as Alabama.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

GQP is trying to kill us all.

1). But by opposing vaccines for themselves, that's not what they're doing. At least not yet. 

2). And was that a typo?  

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

image.png.0be3f12805883bed8d9f6c77de7750f1.png

And 20 years from now, they'll be terrified that they're losing their majority status. And blame immigrants and minorities. 

Edited by Larry

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Wait TN sends out reminder postcards and not emails? TN has truly gone backward ass as ****. Next they will be living like the stone ages before a vaccine was developed to prevent diseases from spreading and killing people...smdh. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Good.

Simply announce that all passengers will be required to provide proof of vaccination, as soon as the ship hits international waters.  Any passenger failing to provide proof at that time will be put in a launch and transported back to port, without refund.  

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Honestly, I’m not sure I even want it to happen.

Think there was a link in here earlier, about a cruise ship that was headed to Florida, to pick up their first load of passengers, post-pandemic.  

Every single member of the crew tested positive for Covid.  Despite every single member being vaccinated, and no passengers on board.  Maybe there's a possibility that being in close confined spaces, for long time, with a shared, recirculating, ventilation system, might increase risk?  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Simply announce that all passengers will be required to provide proof of vaccination, as soon as the ship hits international waters.  Any passenger failing to provide proof at that time will be put in a launch and transported back to port, without refund.  

I'd rather load them in the torpedo tubes..if only those ships had them. 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Tennessee's former vaccine manager said she was sent a dog muzzle before she was fired

Tennessee's former vaccine manager said she received a dog muzzle in the mail before she was fired.

Dr. Michelle Fiscus, a pediatrician who served as Tennessee's medical director of vaccine-preventable diseases and immunization, was fired Monday. In the week prior to her termination, she received a package containing a dog muzzle, she told CNN's Anderson Cooper Wednesday.

Before she was terminated, Fiscus released a memo citing Tennessee state law about whether minors may get medical care without their parents' permission.

Backlash to the memo from state lawmakers was swift and comes amid political polarization of vaccines as experts urge Americans to get their doses and disinformation continues to drive large portions of the population away.

Fiscus said prior to her termination, a large Amazon package was delivered to her state office addressed to her. Inside she found a dog muzzle. There was no note and Fiscus said she contacted Amazon to try and determine who sent the muzzle. Amazon refused to reveal the sender, Fiscus said.

Fiscus said she told her husband, "They obviously didn't know me because they sent me a size three which is for beagles and I'm obviously a pit bull, which requires a size six."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1