Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

New Jersey coronavirus update: RWJ Barnabas fires 6 workers who did not get vaccinated

A hospital in New Jersey says it fired six high-ranking workers for refusing to comply with its COVID vaccine mandate.

RWJ Barnabas Health says six staff members at the supervisor level refused to comply with the hospital's vaccine mandate.

Back in May, the health care provider announced its policy requiring that all team members at the supervisory level or above complete their course of vaccinations by the end of June.

Click on the link for the full article

12 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

One study doesn't dictate that boosters are needed. Wouldn't freak out over this headline.

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yeah, the headline is bad. The article doesn't change anything. It's just hey here's this non peer review study done in a lab. Maybe they'll say folks should get another vaccine or maybe they won't just a whole bunch of 🤷.

More fearmongering...

Edited by mojo

21 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The GOP must have seen some dreadful projections about the outbreaks about to happen in their represented communities to start sending out a highly coordinated, increasingly pro-vaccine message.

Its freaking me the **** out honestly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, visionary said:

I am glad this person is not in the hospital and I agree on keeping people aware that you can still get COVID after vaccination but I honestly think sharing these anecdotes is not helpful. It  scares vaccinated people into thinking the vaccine has been beaten by variants when it hasn't by any means, and it makes people who haven't been vaccinated ask then what's the point?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mojo said:

More fearmongering...

No. It’s not fear mongering…. It’s science in action. 

it’s one study, conducted in lab experiments, that hasn’t been peer reviewed, but suggests there’s something different going on for us J&J folks. And the findings are consistent with other concerns and concerns related to the AstraZeneca vaccine, and the two are the same type of vaccine. 

And it clearly lists all the caveats. 

it’s information. That’s all. Still needs to be vetted and FDA needs to continue looking at it. 

for now it’s something to keep an eye on. And given what we’re seeing with the delta variant maybe it’s time for us J&J people to start wearing masks again. 

this is the way things should work. Constantly paying attention and reevaluating opinions as new information comes to light. That’s all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

No. It’s not fear mongering…. It’s science in action. 

it’s one study, conducted in lab experiments, that hasn’t been peer reviewed, but suggests there’s something different going on for us J&J folks. And the findings are consistent with other concerns and concerns related to the AstraZeneca vaccine, and the two are the same type of vaccine. 

And it clearly lists all the caveats. 

it’s information. That’s all. Still needs to be vetted and FDA needs to continue looking at it. 

for now it’s something to keep an eye on. And given what we’re seeing with the delta variant maybe it’s time for us J&J people to start wearing masks again. 

this is the way things should work. Constantly paying attention and reevaluating opinions as new information comes to light. That’s all. 

Also worth noting that there is absolutely nothing stopping J&J people from getting a dose of Pfizer or Moderna. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Also worth noting that there is absolutely nothing stopping J&J people from getting a dose of Pfizer or Moderna. 

Well. Are you sure?

can I just call up and get one?

cause I’m ok with doing that (but would need wife to verify it’s safe)

I was under the impression I couldn’t just do that. 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well. Are you sure?

can I just call up and get one?

cause I’m ok with doing that (but would need wife to verify it’s safe)

I was under the impression I couldn’t just do that. 

Pretty sure you can just head to any walk in clinic or pharmacy that has them in. Also, some doctors are encouraging it. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/dr-vin-gupta-encourages-jj-vaccine-recipients-to-get-a-pfizer-or-moderna-booster.html

• Thanks 1

COVID patient in Louisiana says he'd opt for hospitalization again over vaccine

A growing number of Republicans are encouraging Americans to get vaccinated, despite misinformation spread by right-wing commentators.

Louisiana Congressman Steve Scalise, the number two House Republican, announced yesterday that he has received his first Pfizer shot -- telling Nola.com the vaccines are "safe and effective."

Louisiana's largest private hospital, Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge, has more COVID patients right now than any other hospital in the state. They admitted 23 patients in 24 hours over the weekend and filled up an entire floor of the hospital with just those patients.

CBS News' lead national correspondent David Begnaud was given access to one of the COVID units.

"I honest to God thought I walked my last day on this earth. I could not breathe. I just-- all of a sudden, my lungs just didn't work," Paula Johnson told Begnaud. She was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. "I have no comorbidities, nothing, never had a lung problem. Don't smoke, nothing. And it took my lungs and just... I don't even know how to explain it. It's like trying to breathe in and hitting a wall in like a second."

Johnson is a pharmaceutical researcher who put off getting the vaccine. Now she wants it.

"I'd say get the vaccine, take the chance, it can't hurt, all it can do is alleviate some of the symptoms, even if it doesn't keep you from getting it - it will at least help you get through it," Johnson said.

Roughly one in three Louisianans are fully vaccinated. This week, the state's health department reported the highest number of COVID-19 hospitalizations since late February. Scott Roe is one of them.  

"Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow. Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Roe said. "Because there's too many issues with these vaccines."

This father, former baseball coach, small business owner and hunter caught COVID and then developed pneumonia.

"Before you got sick," Begnaud asked Roe, "if you would have had a chance to get the vaccine and prevent this, would you have taken the vaccine?"

"No," Roe said. "I would have gone through this, yes sir… Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat."

Click on the link for the full article

51 minutes ago, China said:

"No," Roe said. "I would have gone through this, yes sir… Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat

Actually, it goes in your arm. 

The tube for the ventilator goes down your throat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don’t know if I’m just a bad person, or if I lost my way, but I really just do not give a **** about what happens to the unvaccinated**

cry in the waiting room, you idiots. 

Life is a game of Choose Your Own Adventure… choose wisely. 

** I care about people who legitimate cannot get vaccinated. Otherwise I only care to the extent it screws my life up (which right now means potentially screwing up ANOTHER school year for my child)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Please let me know if you know for sure, my parents are reaching out to my Dad’s autoimmune doctor. Every 6 months he has to get an infusion which wipes out all antibodies he has. That type of autoimmune disease he has his body starts to attack the good antibodies. Well of course after he gets his infusion it wipes out the vaccine. He got the J&J. His doc finally convinced him to wear a mask after the infusion again. But I am almost positive that won’t last to long. I want to take him up to a clinic after the 6 week period he has to wait to get vaccines.

I’ve got feelers out on it. 
im sure you can Google it too. But I trust the people I know. 

I believe much of Europe told people to switch after the AstraZeneca debacle occurred. So, the idea of switching has already been done on some level. 

question is the difference in protection. Seems like stronger evidence suggests it’s not necessary at the moment.