Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

On 7/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, PartyPosse said:

Ay yo. So I got the J&J Vaccine and just recently got diagnosed with the Delta variant (Thanks Vegas). Anyways, I feel like crap but the not tasting or smelling anything may be the most annoying thing I've ever dealt with. It's the worst. Anyways, if I stop posting it's probably because I died so, you know, whatever.

I see you’ve posted recently so congrats on not being dead. How are you feeling, two weeks later? 

On 7/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, PartyPosse said:

Ay yo. So I got the J&J Vaccine and just recently got diagnosed with the Delta variant (Thanks Vegas). Anyways, I feel like crap but the not tasting or smelling anything may be the most annoying thing I've ever dealt with. It's the worst. Anyways, if I stop posting it's probably because I died so, you know, whatever.

Hope you're feeling better. New study just came out this week showing JnJ produces neutralizing antibodies against Delta and has roughly the same efficacy against severe disease as it did vs. Beta, 80 percent or so.

So while JnJ folks are more likely to be infected, still great odds for it to be mild at worst.

Here are some of the most common reasons behind COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy

When it comes to others who have not gotten the shot yet, a study from UC San Francisco focused on young people, ages 18 to 25. An analysis of data from March found that among 5,082 respondents, 83% said they had not been vaccinated. Furthermore, nearly a quarter of them said they were unlikely to get it in the future.

"Young adults have the lowest vaccination rates. They also have the highest COVID infection rates," said Sally Adams, the lead author of the study.

The study reveals the most common reasons for young people to reject the vaccine were to wait and see if it is safe and concerns over side effects.

"There are many more side effects of the COVID long-haul symptoms that people have from the infection than there are from the side effects of getting the vaccine," Adams said.

Click on the link for the full article

I think the article meant to say the reasons were succumbing to misinformation and stupidity.

Safety concerns are moot at this point; they have safety data on millions of people.  Not understanding that is the result of stupidity and poor messaging by people trying to promote the vaccine.

New survey shows Gov. Brown least trusted when it comes to vaccines

A new University of Oregon survey look at the numbers from those who are still not vaccinated and found Gov. Kate Brown is the least trusted source when it comes to the vaccine, followed by the mainstream media and local news.

"It’s no surprise that politics is playing into this," said co-author of the study, University of Oregon Associate Professor Benjamin Clark.

Clark said the governor has done a good job with the COVID-19 response, but at this point, they can no longer recommend that she be the primary messenger.

"I think for the people who have been vaccinated, Gov. Brown is a perfectly fine messenger. I just think there are people in the state that would be more effective in the vaccine hesitant and even getting the people who say they don’t want to get vaccinated, vaccinated," said Clark.

They surveyed nearly 700 Oregonians and found those who were unvaccinated had more trust in doctors, nurses and health care providers. They also found these people might be swayed to change their minds about the vaccine with a $100 incentive.

Came back from my vacation in Colorado to a letter from an ex-coworker from 10 years back.  Smart enough guy, I thought, though a little strange (I tend to like strange people).  He retired to San Antonio and I guess the Texas is even more catchy than the delta varient.  On and on about the covid scam.  Ruined my morning.  Pondering whether to send a scathing reply or to just throw any further communication from the guy straight in the trash on my way in from the mailbox.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Buying fake cards...or you could just freaking get the vaccine for FREE

NO ****!!!  That was (what I thought) would be the bargaining chip...YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.  The Federal Government did everything it possibly could to make sure that we could be free to do our business as normal (I still mask in public places, I broadcast my support for the Caps at the same time). 

But, damn people.  It's coming back, mask up and stay solid. 

I shopped yesterday for canned and frozen stuff for the upcoming lockdown...because lots of OTHER people were stupid and didn't get vaxxed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

Came back from my vacation in Colorado to a letter from an ex-coworker from 10 years back.  Smart enough guy, I thought, though a little strange (I tend to like strange people).  He retired to San Antonio and I guess the Texas is even more catchy than the delta varient.  On and on about the covid scam.  Ruined my morning.  Pondering whether to send a scathing reply or to just throw any further communication from the guy straight in the trash on my way in from the mailbox.

Tell him you became extremely rich from this scam and too bad he is missing out. :)

• Haha 1

Here's a PDF of the report:

https://252f2edd-1c8b-49f5-9bb2-cb57bb47e4ba.filesusr.com/ugd/f4d9b9_b7cedc0553604720b7137f8663366ee5.pdf

The 12?

1.Joseph Mercola

2.Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

3.Ty and Charlene B

4.Sherri Tenpenny

5.Rizza Islam

6.Rashid Buttar

7.Erin Elizabeth

8.Sayer Ji

9.Kelly Brogan

10.Christiane Northrup

11.Ben Tapper

12.Kevin Jenkins

I've interacted with Sherri Tenpenny before...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Hope you're feeling better. New study just came out this week showing JnJ produces neutralizing antibodies against Delta and has roughly the same efficacy against severe disease as it did vs. Beta, 80 percent or so.

So while JnJ folks are more likely to be infected, still great odds for it to be mild at worst.

Appreciate it. Yeah. It was just a really bad cold plus the taste/smell issue. I'm more or less back to normal, but I STILL have a slight cough and at least a couple times a day I have shortness of breath issues. I can't go running yet, which kills me, as anything that's physically exerting takes a toll. 

But I didn't die.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, skinsfan_1215 said:

I see you’ve posted recently so congrats on not being dead. How are you feeling, two weeks later? 

Fine. Still have a cough and breathing issues which super sucks. I assume it's just something I'm gonna have to endure for the next month or so. 

At least I got taste and smell back. That was the worst.

• Like 2

Fox News’ Lawrence Jones: ‘What’s the Use of Getting’ the Covid Vaccine? Steve Doocy: ‘You Won’t Die’

An interesting conversation between Lawrence Jones and Steve Doocy occurred on the set of Fox & Friends Friday morning that neatly summed up the current issues surrounding vaccine hesitancy amid another spike in Covid-19.

At issue is a recent decision to reinstate indoor mask mandates in Los Angeles County to mitigate the spread of the new Delta variant, the news of which was predictably derided by many conservative media outlets, including of course Mr. Jones.

Doocy announced the news of the reinstated mask mandate before running a clip of CDC Director Dr. Rachelle Walensky saying “We are asking people to be honest with themselves. If they’re vaccinated and they are not wearing a mask, of course, that, they are safe. If they are not vaccinated and they are not wearing a mask, they are not safe.”

“That was one of the — one of the best reasons to get the shot,” Doocy followed. “It’s like if I get the shot, I don’t have to wear the mask anymore. Except in L.A. County where now, you know, they are doing the polar opposite of what the CDC says.” Or, perhaps there are a number of unvaccinated individuals who are flouting the guidelines and still not wearing a mask, which is likely causing the recent spike of infections?

Jones was immediately aggrieved by the LA County mandate, which he used as an excuse for why people are opting not to get vaccinated. “They keep asking the question why people won’t get vaccinated. We have all gotten vaccinated. Some people have resistance,” he said. “It’s because of information like this.”

He then curiously called out Dr. Walensky’s guidance of unvaccinated people still wearing masks. “When you put out disinformation and people are saying why get the vaccination? We are not going to return to normal anyway? What’s the use of doing it? Why?”

“You won’t die,” Doocy flatly stated, reinforcing his role of the voice of reason on a program that consistently gives cover for those who are opting not to get the Covid vaccine.

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I actually think that's a big part of at least the normal anti-vax people. (The pro-Covid folks, I think of a differently. For them, I think it's more a matter of having to do it, so they can stay in the cult.)

I think the folks who oppose, say, childhood vaccinations?  Their position basically boils down to "Yeah, the chance of a harmful side effect is one in a billion. But if my kid just skips it, then the chance is zero. And as long as everybody else does their civic duty, then my kid gets the benefit of living in a vaccinated society, without the completely trivial risk."

It's the same kind of thing that drives "Oh, I support the war. But not my kid."

• Like 2