Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

But not all teams are at 78%.  WFT for example looks to still be under 50%.  So I think that is where they are trying to avoid issues.

The tweet above says 0 are below 50% and 14 are above 85%. Unfortunately they don’t give more data. 

im gonna stick with the idea that unless you’re well below 78% this isn’t an issue for in terms of game being cancelled 

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You could have an entire position group that’s impacted

Yup. Sure. 

so you either figure something out or you choose for no one to get paid. 

there will not be a mandate that the rest of the players can’t play. 

and I did say “way below 78%”

and yeah just to clear up the confusion I absolutely understand what an average is and how it works. 

:)

Edited by tshile

Although I’ll add that I kinda forgot you have to dress 48 and only have 5 on PS (? Sorry been a while since I knew those numbers…)

and I don’t know how salary cap and picking up and cutting people and roster cap has to be considered. 

so maybe it’s slightly more than original thought but I don’t know that it’s significant. 

in terms of games being cancelled it feels like this is less of a ‘rule’ that will wreck the integrity of the season and more something that affects 2 games tops (though there may be many more scares and long weeks of listening about it but they ultimately play)

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

SIP posted a tweet that said no team is under 50% anymore.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

he tweet above says 0 are below 50% and 14 are above 85%. Unfortunately they don’t give more data

I missed that.  I just did a quick Google and saw a post that was a few days old that had us below 50%.  My bad.

• Like 1

The thing I don't understand about these NFL player is that if they broke a bone in football, or pulled a muscle, or whatever, and their trainers/doctors told them exactly what they needed to do in order to get back to 100% as quickly as possible, they would do it without even thinking about it.

So why such the hesitancy in this case when not only their own doctors, but pretty much EVERY ****ING DOCTOR IN THE WORLD is recommending people take the vaccine?

I simply do not get it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The thing I don't understand about these NFL player is that if they broke a bone in football, or pulled a muscle, or whatever, and their trainers/doctors told them exactly what they needed to do in order to get back to 100% as quickly as possible, they would do it without even thinking about it.

So why such the hesitancy in this case when not only their own doctors, but pretty much EVERY ****ING DOCTOR IN THE WORLD is recommending people take the vaccine?

I simply do not get it.

Ikr?  If there's even a chance that I'm gonna lose a week's pay (especially at that level)...hit both arms with that ****. 

33 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I simply do not get it.

I’ve been wondering how much of it is the fact that people seem to have given anti-vax folks a little bit of breathing room out of some thought that if you tell them they’re idiots they won’t be as receptive to listening to facts.

An example is the commercial that’s been running with a former governor of MD saying he and his wife got vaccinated and “while the choice to get vaccinated might not be easy, it’s the right choice.” Dude, it’s the easiest ****ing choice anyone should ever have to  make. Don’t acknowledge that getting vaccinated is a hard choice, then you’re leaning right into the notion that there is something dangerous about the vaccines. Which is scientifically not the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Pretty difficult for those numbers to go down, unless they start cutting vaccinated players.

It's going to be wild when football decisions are made because of vaccination status. If you're on the bubble of making a roster don't see how you can't get vaccinated.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's going to be wild when football decisions are made because of vaccination status. If you're on the bubble of making a roster don't see how you can't get vaccinated.

It's hard to legislate against stupidity, but it is easy to fire it. 😁

That said, all it takes is a few big names like DeAndre Hopkins to test the system. Selfish players who aren't on the bubble and may not ever get vaccinated...

Edited by The Evil Genius

11 hours ago, purbeast said:

I simply do not get it.

Not only will they use real science but they will also use quackery eg tb12 magic water juice..... so even if the vaccine is fake medicine why not take it!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Someday soon, someone is gonna uncover the documents/transcript that the GQP/CDC sent out that’s causing all these Repub folks to do a full 180 on vaccines and containment measures.  They’ve clearly seen something that shook them.

I'm pretty sure that all it took was for somebody to point out that right now, there's like 300 Americans dying a day.  And that last winter, it was 3,000 a day.  

And that if current trends continue, 98% of them will be Republicans.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I hope they hold these ****ers responsible for all the lies and bull**** they spread over this. They killed people and some continue to. 

You have no idea.  The fury in me knows no bounds when it comes to these people. I just happen to go nowhere, and see no one (I kinda feel like a shut in old lady)...BUT HOLY ****, IT'S FREE!!!

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I hope they hold these ****ers responsible for all the lies and bull**** they spread over this. They killed people and some continue to. 

Nope. The Dems don’t have the fortitude and the gop doesn’t care. 

And voters will mostly stick to their general tendencies of supporting their favorite party. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Nope. The Dems don’t have the fortitude and the gop doesn’t care. 

And voters will mostly stick to their general tendencies of supporting their favorite party. 

Unfortunately, you are correct. 

I'm a registered Independent.  Swing me somewhere else.??

My Rep got arrested on a civil protest.  All of this is nuts...and not the awesome cashews I'm chewing on...