Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

I hear ya, @Dont Taze Me Bro...I busted my ass to get vaxxed, had a way to cheat but couldn't get an appointment until my age group came up...I had no fear once Dr. Fauci got his. 

I've never had to have a test.  I do all of my doctors' visits virtually.  I have a BP cuff and about 5 thermometers.  :ols: 

The last place I ever want to be is a hospital for 3 weeks...next time might by 3 months.  Never.  Ever. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Herein lies the problem.  The unvaccinated unfortunately includes everyone under the age of 12.  And even among the vaccinated, older people and high risk individuals are at greater risk.

While it makes sense for those at risk through no fault of their own (or their caretakers) to try their best to minimize the risk for faultless at-risk people, the hotbed of infection driven by the selfish jackasses make that much harder.  It gets doubly so when school reopens and distance learning is no longer even an option because everyone is so eager to take that victory lap and point to the kids back in school.  If society needs the vaccinated to pitch in by putting the mask back on, I think it's our civic duty.

Our daughter is fully vaccinated, but we will have her wear a mask at school this year because she will be interacting with 11 year olds that can't get vaccinated and 12-13 year olds whose parents won't vaccinate their kids.  Other than that, I'm not gonna worry about it when I go out to eat, etc. 

I can't anymore, if people don't care enough for themselves and family, then it's not my place to worry for them or inconveinence myself.  That comes off as hypocritical, I know.  Maybe I'll change my mind on that in the future.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Our daughter is fully vaccinated, but we will have her wear a mask at school this year because she will be interacting with 11 year olds that can't get vaccinated and 12-13 year olds whose parents won't vaccinate their kids.  Other than that, I'm not gonna worry about it when I go out to eat, etc. 

I can't anymore, if people don't care enough for themselves and family, then it's not my place to worry for them or inconveinence myself.  That comes off as hypocritical, I know.  Maybe I'll change my mind on that in the future.

I'm not gonna say I don't understand where you're coming from.  After year and half, we've all pretty much had our fill.  Most countries in the world are begging for vaccines.  We have almost half the country refusing to get it despite the fact that you could walk into any almost pharmacy and get it.  It boggles the mind.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I hear ya, @Dont Taze Me Bro...I busted my ass to get vaxxed, had a way to cheat but couldn't get an appointment until my age group came up...I had no fear once Dr. Fauci got his. 

I've never had to have a test.  I do all of my doctors' visits virtually.  I have a BP cuff and about 5 thermometers.  :ols: 

The last place I ever want to be is a hospital.  Ever. 

I hear ya girl.  Honestly, I'm just pissed right now at the non-vaccinated (in general) that can get the vaccine but don't.  The majority of them didn't wear masks or social distance before the vaccine was available making it extremely worse.  Now, I need to wear a mask to protect them from a virus they can get a vaccine for?  It's ****ing bull****.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I'm not gonna say I don't understand where you're coming from.  After year and half, we've all pretty much had our fill.  Most countries in the world are begging for vaccines.  We have almost half the country refusing to get it despite the fact that you could walk into any almost pharmacy and get it.  It boggles the mind.

I know man, I'm just pissed right now.  The level of stupidity and selfishness in this country is baffling. 

• Like 4

No prob, dude...I totally get it...

And the **** is FREE!!!  Doesn't cost a dime, not a nickel, not a penny. 

I remember in boot camp (long before our beloved Chief, but let us know about yours)...I walked a line on I think the second day of P-week, and 2 people hit you twice in each arm, it's like walking to your death.  Right after you stencil your uniforms and get tailored by the greatest folks on Earth. 

And your P-3 day is relatively easy ("psych" :ols: for the rest of it) because they know your arms can't move.  When you're just getting mobility back, hit the grinder.

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

remember in boot camp (long before our beloved Chief, but let us know about yours).

Is this me?  Am I beloved?  :beavisnbutthead:       

Boot camp for us was about 10 of us around a metal table and they came around giving us a bunch of shots without even telling us what they were.  I remember the penicillin one because that went in the ass cheek and you really felt it jumping out of the top rack the next morning.

I’m with Taze though, **** that vast majority of the unvaccinated.  We need some Darwin in our society.

• Like 1

Inside, McNay sat along with a half a dozen other customers who likewise lamented, what they viewed as, a breathless push for vaccines. Two bartenders floated in and out of the conversation, dropping comments like “what’s Covid?” to laughter. Just recently, a beloved cook at the restaurant had died from the virus, they said. But that hadn’t changed the thinking around vaccinations. The cook, they reasoned, likely had other underlying complications.

Qja8xAX.jpeg

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is this me?  Am I beloved?  :beavisnbutthead:       

Boot camp for us was about 10 of us around a metal table and they came around giving us a bunch of shots without even telling us what they were.  I remember the penicillin one because that went in the ass cheek and you really felt it jumping out of the top rack the next morning.

I’m with Taze though, **** that vast majority of the unvaccinated.  We need some Darwin in our society.

Must've been nice.  Navy apparently got slack after '84...

Decades later I had to get a tetanus because of a fall, and the last vaccine of anything I could remember was boot, and it was after 10 years, so they shot me. 

I ain't skeerd. 

I’m pissed too, considerably. But I’ll mask up if Durham County tips into substantial, because I don’t want a nastier variant to emerge while morons do their thing. I mean, they b****ed the whole time about opening society and now they’re actively drawing it all out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PCS said:

Not my flight but this was essentially it. Only with us back in 83,it was 2 lines of 2 guys holding each other just in case one passed out. :rolleyes: No opting out either. 

3704%20Flt%20511%20May%201987%20Poulin,%

This is still exactly how it was when I served 12 years ago. This is how it should be done with the players lol, once they see other players not dropping dead after they'll be alright. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

@joeken24 Please see response to your comment from the Stadium filled with misinformation.  

8 hours ago, joeken24 said:

They are smart IMO. They are looking at it from their own opinion and self analysis. Not going along with the herd. There is no definitive research out there that says this vax works. And for people with pre-existing issues, it could be a detriment. There are also people that live holistically or even religiously that don't believe in putting unnatural substances into their bloodstream. The US VP spoke to a church about loving your neighbor in a way to persuade the folks their to get the shot. Unbelievable IMO. But this is where we are now. 

No, they are not smart. It's not about opinions or self analysis whatever the **** that is supposed to be. They, like you, are deciding that facts and science are not real. When you decide to ignore facts you are then free to create your own reality. And that is what has happened. 

The bolded is a completely false. There are mountains of definitive research that the vaccine works. This vaccine has been in some state of research for years ever since the first SAARs incident. There are some slight differences which have been tested fully. There are only two things the EUA did - allow human and animal testing to be done in parallel and allow the paperwork to be filed later. 

334,000,000 vaccines with 6000 reported dead on VEARs (none have been conclusively linked to the vaccine) - vs 35,000,000 Covid cases with 625,000 dead. 98% of all deaths due to Covid since April 1 were NOT vaccinated. 99% of all new cases of Covid are from those NOT vaccinated. Nothing is 100%. But you do not need to be a math major to see the data is overwhelming in favor of getting the vaccine. 

And the VP is trying to save lives. We should all strive to such acts of selflessness. 

Please stop regurgitating so much misinformation. It can actually be deadly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

@joeken24 Please see response to your comment from the Stadium filled with misinformation.  

No, they are not smart. It's not about opinions or self analysis whatever the **** that is supposed to be. They, like you, are deciding that facts and science are not real. When you decide to ignore facts you are then free to create your own reality. And that is what has happened. 

The bolded is a completely false. There are mountains of definitive research that the vaccine works. This vaccine has been in some state of research for years ever since the first SAARs incident. There are some slight differences which have been tested fully. There are only two things the EUA did - allow human and animal testing to be done in parallel and allow the paperwork to be filed later. 

334,000,000 vaccines with 6000 reported dead on VEARs (none have been conclusively linked to the vaccine) - vs 35,000,000 Covid cases with 625,000 dead. 98% of all deaths due to Covid since April 1 were NOT vaccinated. 99% of all new cases of Covid are from those NOT vaccinated. Nothing is 100%. But you do not need to be a math major to see the data is overwhelming in favor of getting the vaccine. 

And the VP is trying to save lives. We should all strive to such acts of selflessness. 

Please stop regurgitating so much misinformation. It can actually be deadly. 

The worst part, with all this "its a choice" nonsense, is people like @joeken24 are purpetuating the virus by not getting vaccinated.  You are giving it oxygen.  If everyone got the vax it would be gone in short order.  If 30-40% of the population dont, it has enough hosts to stick around long enough to mutate.  Given enough chances to do so, it will eventually come up with a version the vaccine isnt effective against.  Then we are back to square one.

Its not a choice.  Its a civic duty.  Get the ****ing vaccine.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I always get a chuckle when they scream "YOU are the experiment!!" .. from the control group.

I am convinced that as usual, none of this has anything to do with freedom or choice, but more in sticking it in the eye of anyone who they believe thinks they are smarter than them. (You know, medical doctors, research scientists, clearly the same educational level as the guy hanging drywall and your mailman.)
And i would bet a dollar that if Tucker Carlson and his reeking ilk wanted to, they could convince these morons that a cow did indeed jump over the ****ing moon, and the fact scientists tell them it's impossible would be the only proof they require. 

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

No prob, dude...I totally get it...

And the **** is FREE!!!  Doesn't cost a dime, not a nickel, not a penny. 

Even better, in some places they'll actually pay you to get it:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If most people think like you do (and apparently a lot of people do) what happens when the hospitals and morgues are over run by the people who didn’t get vaccinated? People die for easily treatable conditions.  Is this what we are not worrying about? Someone chooses not to get vaccinated, overfills the hospital, and then when someone who is vaccinated needs emergency treatments it is unavailable because the hospitals are over ran.

And that is just the medical aspect of “not worrying about it”. There are economic and security issues aswell.

I was shocked the first go around with how fragile our society really is.... I think you are over estimating societies resilience....

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I was shocked the first go around with how fragile our society really is.... I think you anti-vaxxers are over estimating societies resilience....

FTFY

19 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And I'm definitely not over-estimating your ignorance. 

Ignorance about what? Posting for reactions are you?

21 minutes ago, China said:

FTFY

If you aren’t going to worry about what happens and go out to restaurants, not wear a mask if the cdc says you should, etc, because you are vaccinated then, yes, you are part of the problem.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I

If you aren’t going to worry about what happens and go out to restaurants, not wear a mask if the cdc says you should, etc, because you are vaccinated then, yes, you are part of the problem.

None of which I said or am I doing.  Arguing with yourself now?

1 hour ago, China said:

None of which I said or am I doing.  Arguing with yourself now?

I didn’t quote you or say you did.... but it is more than anti vax people who need to do work in order to fight covid, that is the issue, which is why I disagree with your edit to my post. You can’t just decide not to worry about it, because it will hurt more people than just the antivax crowd if covid gets even more out of control.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84