Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If most people think like you do (and apparently a lot of people do) what happens when the hospitals and morgues are over run by the people who didn’t get vaccinated? People die for easily treatable conditions.  Is this what we are not worrying about? Someone chooses not to get vaccinated, overfills the hospital, and then when someone who is vaccinated needs emergency treatments it is unavailable because the hospitals are over ran.

And that is just the medical aspect of “not worrying about it”. There are economic and security issues aswell.

I was shocked the first go around with how fragile our society really is.... I think you are over estimating societies resilience....

I stayed home for 15 months, me and my daughter (wife had to go into the office, but was vaccinated and wearing masks and taking every precaution of not getting it).  I went out maybe 6 times (outside of going outside and taking a short walk in my neighborhood, nobody around) and two times were to get my vaccine (wore my mask), the other times I stayed in my car and did not come in direct contact with anyone.

We had groceries delivered or did pick up (after about a year of deliveries), we didn't get any carry out from any restaurants for one year, then only did ones that offered curbside pick-up.  We did do drive-thru breakfast at chick-fil-a once a week and it was my wife going out as she was vaccinated and wore her mask, was cautious.  

The reason we basically stayed in for over a year was us doing our part and supporting all the CDC guidance, etc.  We cared about not spreading it asymptomatically and not knowing if us going out might infect other people and worse, kill them.  All while these mother****ers downplayed everything and refused to mask up or get vaccinated.  I see your point, however, at this point, I'm not worrying about unmasked, unvaccinated adults and what happens any longer. 

More than enough time has gone by for them to get on board and right the ship and they still refuse to.  Like I said, I'm extremely pissed about it all right now and may change my mind later on.  Being perfectly honest, we are already planning on having to just get take-out (masking up too) in the future because it's inevitable that **** is going to hit the fan due to the stupidity and ignorance of those that refuse to get vaccinated.

I really wish there was some way that it was mandatory for every American to get vaccinated.  Right now, we aren't in a hot zone just yet, so I'm not wearing a mask right now.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I really wish there was some way that it was mandatory for every American to get vaccinated

You had me up until here.  I’m at the point that I don’t want it mandatory.  I want it to wreak havoc on all the idiots (and hopefully spare others as much as possible).  This world really needs some Darwin-in-action.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You had me up until here.  I’m at the point that I don’t want it mandatory.  I want it to wreak havoc on all the idiots (and hopefully spare others as much as possible).  This world really needs some Darwin-in-action.

If you really think the unmitigated spread of corona virus will kill only

the unvaccinated I think you are being very myopic. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

11 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Notice I said “as much as possible”.  Can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

"According to the CDC, as of July 19, a grand total of 4,072 vaccinated Americans had been hospitalized with symptomatic breakthrough infections, out of more than 161 million who have been fully vaccinated. That is a breakthrough hospitalization rate of less than 0.003 percent. Better still, of those hospitalized, only 849 have died of covid-19. That means the death rate from those breakthrough infections is 0.0005 percent.

To put that in perspective, your chance of dying from a lightning strike is .0007 percent, and your chance of dying from a seasonal flu is 0.1 percent. If you’re vaccinated, you have a much greater chance of dying from a hornet, wasp or bee string, a dog attack, a car crash, drowning, sunstroke, or choking on food than you do of dying from covid-19."

Obviously, it won’t only kill the unvaccinated. However, if you are vaccinated, under 65, and have no comorbidity, your chance of dying from Covid-19 is statistically zero.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/27/vaccinated-americans-are-more-likely-die-lightning-strike-than-covid-dont-bring-back-restrictions/?fbclid=IwAR0TcsmJUaq2YDlASoJq-ZlFfgiZDxLx86J7JwzM0nipjn5pu4I0TidS5eU

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BigDibbs31 said:

"According to the CDC, as of July 19, a grand total of 4,072 vaccinated Americans had been hospitalized with symptomatic breakthrough infections, out of more than 161 million who have been fully vaccinated. That is a breakthrough hospitalization rate of less than 0.003 percent. Better still, of those hospitalized, only 849 have died of covid-19. That means the death rate from those breakthrough infections is 0.0005 percent.

To put that in perspective, your chance of dying from a lightning strike is .0007 percent, and your chance of dying from a seasonal flu is 0.1 percent. If you’re vaccinated, you have a much greater chance of dying from a hornet, wasp or bee string, a dog attack, a car crash, drowning, sunstroke, or choking on food than you do of dying from covid-19."

Obviously, it won’t only kill the unvaccinated. However, if you are vaccinated, under 65, and have no comorbidity, your chance of dying from Covid-19 is statistically zero.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/27/vaccinated-americans-are-more-likely-die-lightning-strike-than-covid-dont-bring-back-restrictions/?fbclid=IwAR0TcsmJUaq2YDlASoJq-ZlFfgiZDxLx86J7JwzM0nipjn5pu4I0TidS5eU

I’m not talking about dying from corona virus despite being vaccinated. I’m talking about the possibility of dying from something else because the hospitals are over stressed and the heath care system collapsing under the weight of the unvaccinated horde.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not talking about dying from corona virus despite being vaccinated. I’m talking about the possibility of dying from something else because the hospitals are over stressed and the heath care system collapsing under the weight of the unvaccinated hoard.

Horde.

Sorry…pet peeve.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So this Nationals stuff is pretty trippy.  12 guys tested positive.  From reporting, it sounds like only two of the 12 were unvaccinated.  They were tested because Trae came up positive and others had to get tested.  I do wonder how many people are catching this thing undetected.  And, if so, how likely are they to spread it.

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

So this Nationals stuff is pretty trippy.  12 guys tested positive.  From reporting, it sounds like only two of the 12 were unvaccinated.  They were tested because Trae came up positive and others had to get tested.  I do wonder how many people are catching this thing undetected.  And, if so, how likely are they to spread it.

Who cares if you are vaccinated? If you arent, then that is your own problem.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I have kids under 12 who I don’t want to give it to.

There are almost zero deaths of kids under 12 from COVID

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Anyone who understands how viruses work, that's who.

All the scientific numbers say different

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Isn't it amazing how it seems the "do your research" crowd just repeats easily disprovable nonsense? Do they actually know what "research" means? 

It means asking google to find you something on the internet that agrees with what you want to believe.

• Like 8

Just now, PokerPacker said:

It means asking google to find you something on the internet that agrees with what you want to believe.

That might be giving too much credit. For a lot of them it's just repeating what someone on Facebook has told them without even bothering to see if there is a source for it, much less a verified source.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Post the scientific numbers related to the delta variant for us uneducated pls 

Wait a sec...science has its own numbers now!?!  Did we get the good ones, like pi, e and sqrt(2) or did we just draft the integers?  I mean...if they went integer in the second round that would be okay, but it had better have been odd...we already have a countable infinity of evens.

I guess as long as math numbers ended up all imaginary I'll be fine with whatever we got.  Except sqrt(3)...it can **** off.

• Haha 5