Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: Good News - Ossoff has been called the winner - So Congrats to GA Senators Elect Warnock and Ossoff!

goskins10

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

To @tshile and @Larry discussion - is there any interest in Biden Legislative/Policy Agenda thread or do people want them to survive on their own? 

I think there need to be several new threads.  

The "Presidential election" thread needs to be retired, other than maybe Republican's continued efforts to overturn it.  

I think a thread would be good, either a "First 100 days" thread, or a longer-lived "Dem agenda" thread.  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think there need to be several new threads.  

The "Presidential election" thread needs to be retired, other than maybe Republican's continued efforts to overturn it.  

I think a thread would be good, either a "First 100 days" thread, or a longer-lived "Dem agenda" thread.  

The election threads will die on their own I would expect. I agree there will be several other threads to come out of it - or stand on their own. But this would be a catch all for policy/legislation.

I say anyone who sees a topic worthy of it's own thread, start it. Again, what I am working on is kind of wish list with general discussion. We will see how it goes. 

Thanks for the input. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

For what its worth, scrapping Trump era policies will be a lot easier since Dems can use the Congressional Review Act to undo all of his executive branch nonsense.

Sure. But what my concern is, and maybe I’m overreacting I certainly don’t work at the EPa, is the talent lost. Replacing that and weeding out the... inadequate, to just be general and nice, people that filled those positions is a tall order. 

and multiple agencies are effected this way. 

and government labor policies and laws make it hard to just tell someone “hey you actually shouldn’t have gotten this job/promotion because we should have never chase away the person that you replaced, so we’ve found a more adequate replacement and your demoted/fired”

not mention the people that left have moved on and you can’t just get them back. 

this has happened at many important agencies. 

Ps - I’ve been swamped for the last hour+ and am simply going through my notifications sorry if I haven’t read the order to take it elsewhere yet...

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Sure. But what my concern is, and maybe I’m overreacting I certainly don’t work at the EPa, is the talent lost. Replacing that and weeding out the... inadequate, to just be general and nice, people that filled those positions is a tall order. 

and multiple agencies are effected this way. 

and government labor policies and laws make it hard to just tell someone “hey you actually shouldn’t have gotten this job/promotion because we should have never chase away the person that you replaced, so we’ve found a more adequate replacement and your demoted/fired”

not mention the people that left have moved on and you can’t just get them back. 

this has happened at many important agencies. 

Ps - I’ve been swamped for the last hour+ and am simply going through my notifications sorry if I haven’t read the order to take it elsewhere yet...

I don't think so. My mom worked at the EPA and a close family friend still works there. When times are tough there, and they have been multiple times in the last 30 years, the talent just kinda shuts down and does the bare minimum. They don't just up and quit because the current President put a shill in charge. They bide their time and wait it out. 

18 minutes ago, PCS said:

My feeling,(and just speaking for myself),is that as soon as Joe Biden is sworn in,there's going to be a race to close several threads here in Tailgate. ;) 

The Cabinet Buffoonery thread can probably continue given that the buffoonery only escalates and gets more comical once the key people are out of power :D

Well, two years of control -  I just hope they don't screw it up.

That piece of poop McConnell turns 79 soon - hopefully he doesn't last

Start putting quality judges in place

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So now the next question is, where’s my money?  

Interesting question.  If they vote now (well when the Capitol opens up again and these two get sworn) - I wonder if they can bring it to a floor vote in the Senate, and I wonder if the VP will break the deadlock and the Trumpster sign it.  I don't think it matter who votes no becasue the Republicans are brainwashed and don't understand.

• goskins10 changed the title to Update: Good News - Ossoff has been called the winner - So Congrats to GA Senators Elect Warnock and Ossoff!

Archived