Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: Good News - Ossoff has been called the winner - So Congrats to GA Senators Elect Warnock and Ossoff!

goskins10

7 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I don't trust Manchen. But, is 50 seats plus Harris enough to create statehood for DC/PR?

The push cor DC statehood should be one of the first things on the agenda. Get it done while this mess is still fresh,anyone that votes against it would put themselves in a bad spotlight. 

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The push cor DC statehood should be one of the first things on the agenda. Get it done while this mess is still fresh,anyone that votes against it would put themselves in a bad spotlight. 

I totally agree. I know its a power grab for Dems. But after yesterday, that needs to happen. ****, announce 2 new Justices to the SCOTUS also. Term limits for all Federal Judges as well. Knock all this **** out. DOJ declares Q and those Proud Boy types as domestic terrorist groups. Go hard. 

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I totally agree. I know its a power grab for Dems. But after yesterday, that needs to happen. ****, announce 2 new Justices to the SCOTUS also. Term limits for all Federal Judges as well. Knock all this **** out. DOJ declares Q and those Proud Boy types as domestic terrorist groups. Go hard. 

Stupid question...if it gets statehood would D.C. still really be a "district"? Or would it just then become the state of Columbia?

I mean, if they can get statehood thru quickly it opens up a lot of new team names.

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I wouldn't be against this but a couple of things...

1) Wouldn't that sort of thing require a bill that would be subject to cloture rules? If so, it's dead in the water...unless the Dems decide to extend the "nuclear option" to ALL bills. And hooboy that would be one big ass gamble and cluster****. That means that whatever party is in power can ram through anything they want with a simple majority. I'm not a fan of that and it came back to bite the Dems in the ass after Reid did it in 2013 and set the precedent for Moscow Mitch. 

2) Even if it didn't require cloture, I still think they would have a hard time getting every single Dem senator on board. You know Manchin would likely balk and I could see Donnelly and maybe Heitkamp doing the same. 

Archived