Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Team vs Eagles Game Day Thread

TK

Is anyone listening to the radio broadcast? Wondering how they're doing or what you think of the new lineup? I heard a couple highlights as they were called, and I heard people talking over each other as Bram was trying to call the play, but know they're getting things figured out, too. 

Just now, Dissident2 said:

Is anyone listening to the radio broadcast? Wondering how they're doing or what you think of the new lineup? I heard a couple highlights as they were called, and I heard people talking over each other as Bram was trying to call the play, but know they're getting things figured out, too. 

I wanted to but for a variety or reasons I have not been able to

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have optimism about the defense.  

The secondary is a huge question mark. But they’ve been hanging tight.  

Maybe this shows turner what works and what he needs to do more if.  

Agreed, especially on the last part. It’s kinda hard to tell in training camp what will work in an actual game, kinda just gotta go and play a real game to see what works and what needs to be fixed. 

In the words of our second worst coach in Washington history "stay medium" people.

This is a building year.  Let's see progress on the offensive and defensive side. 

Let's prioritize the "lines" in the draft.  

Let's start fresh this year!   I'm happy folks!

The Eagles have had some sloppiness themselves today, however they look like your typical team in Week 1 that can make up for that due to the QB being in the same offense with same coach for a number of years.   Every team will have the normal Week 1 rust, but to act like it will effect every team the same is inaccurate. 

Washington started this game out so terribly awful that any chance of winning is likely out the window, but they did at least start to look like an actual NFL team as the game went on.

Halftime adjustments were a weakness of the Gruden era, this is our first look at how Rivera & Del Rio will make adjustments.

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Scott’s just called a horrendous game. 

they needed tempo and quick throws at the beginning.  They went run and ****s.  And nothing connected.  

Hopefully this wakes them up. 

I think we forget how inexperienced he is.  He has 4 games total as an OC and play caller on his resume, and they werent all that great, especially early in games.   

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Wentz has been mostly off today.  He's been bailed out by quality TE's scooping up dirt balls.

I'm disappointed with the offense.  Was led to believe a lot more motion and mismatch identifying.  Hasn't really happened yet.

Wentz isn’t just off, let’s give credit where it’s due.  He’s been hit a lot today.  That makes every NFL QB less than they usually can be.  

Redskins secondary needs to be better.  Redskins offense needs to be much better.  

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

The problem is 4.3 speed in a foot race doesn't mean much if you don't have the instincts and feel for the game, or you are always out of position.  He may be fast, but the players around him are also fast themselves so unless he has the closing speed of The Flash it doesn't matter his speed because he is 10 yards away when someone is catching the ball.

Well yeah, that's why Sean Taylor was so great and had merely 4.5 speed. That's what makes Minkah Fitzpatrick so great as a FS, he doesn't let anything get behind him and he knows how to react immediately and accelerate quickly to prevent the deep ball. 

Apke just doesn't have that feel for the game, like you said. 

Archived