Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Team vs Eagles Game Day Thread

TK

While I'm enjoying the win I think we should tamp down the enthusiasm. Watching LA play Dallas makes you realize how good the NFL coaches are and will adjust to your team's strengths.   They're all quick passing game putting pressure on the edges makes me  think we better be ready for teams adjusting to our front.  Teams aren't gonna play us taking 5 and 7 step drops every week. 

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Offense as a whole looked trash most of the game. We had more than a few drives where the run game looked raggedy. AP's running was MUCH needed in a game like today.

And I'm fine with playing musical chairs at running back I guess, but whoever has the hot hand, keep feeding them. Gibson had a nice groove going and then I never saw him again. It was the Peyton Barber show which was blah.

I am not sure RR wanted or needed an 2nd alpha male in the locker room.  Its time for change in the town, on so many fronts. I could see AP becoming discontent with a time share.  Heck 1 day in Detroit he said he wanted to be the #1.  We don't need that feed me drama pressuring coaches. We really don't.

I think if Gibson didn't stumble on his big run, and scored instead folks may not be longing for AP after our best win in a long time. Lets see what Love has. Would we rather have Love or AP?

10 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Didn't read the thread and obviously a day late/dollar short, but did I spy some hurry up offense with 10 minutes to go to surprise the D?

I think we only did that to avoid a play review by the officials, and potential reversal. Unless I missed something else.

8 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

While I'm enjoying the win I think we should tamp down the enthusiasm. Watching LA play Dallas makes you realize how good the NFL coaches are and will adjust to your team's strengths. 

Doug Pederson is every bit as good a coach, as Mcvay or McCarthy.

The fact we outcoached him and out-adjusted him in the 2nd half, is a huge credit to our abilities.

4 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am not sure RR wanted or needed an 2nd alpha male in the locker room.  Its time for change in the town, on so many fronts. I could see AP becoming discontent with a time share.  Heck 1 day in Detroit he said he wanted to be the #1.  We don't need that feed me drama pressuring coaches. We really don't.

I think if Gibson didn't stumble on his big run, and scored instead folks may not be longing for AP after our best win in a long time. Lets see what Love has. Would we rather have Love or AP?

Did AP ever make any complaints about being #1 RB while he was here? Were there any reported complaints from AP when Gruden gave Guice the start last season opener, and deactivated AP? AP NEVER played that card against the Skins. He played his position. So what are you talking about with this "pressuring coaches" stuff??

Yeah this is our biggest win in a long time, but that doesnt change the fact that our run game looked WEAK for most of the game.  And if Phillys OL wasnt trashed with injuries and Miles Sanders wasnt out due to injury, this couldve been a different outcome. No turnovers on offense and our defense playing on beastmode is what won this game. 

And no, I wouldnt rather have AP over Love. But I'd rather have AP or Peyton Barber, who was basically the starting RB for more than half of the game. 

Phi and Dal hit with some injuries too.

we will have to see about the severity (a few of those look to be of the very bad variety) but if NY has some injuries Mon night that could reshape the div real quick

Update: Vander E w/ a broken collarbone. I swear this dude gameplan's himself. Never have to worry about him

9 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Didn't read the thread and obviously a day late/dollar short, but did I spy some hurry up offense with 10 minutes to go to surprise the D?  Pass on 1st downs? POUND the rock when deep in the zone?? Somebody pinch me!! 

I know, right!  I thought we saw hurry up long before that but now I cannot remember for certain.  And you know damn well in regimes past, we only saw "hurry up" down 17+ with about 6 minutes to go in the game. The announcers would inevitably say ~ "ahh... they need to get moving here"

Anything to help a young QB thrive needs to be utilized. I still think its a colossal mistake to let DL sub out and in fresh DL to tee off on a young QB/beleaguered OL for the entirety of games. Ignoring how inept the traditional under center offense is looking or if the game plan is a total failure. I think many coaches hate hurry up because they feel they are losing control without subbing packages on every down. Subbing out creates chaos by our own doing, for a young QB still grasping the offense. Keep it simple stupid. When a D trots out a heavy slow D, go HU and pass the ****ing ball.

To me Haskins looks night and day in slow play vs hurry up. Another theory of mine - hurry up prevents young QBs from overthinking things, as the speed of the game forces them to just go play and their natural instincts take over. 

22 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Williams absolutely demolished that LBer. While we are talking about the OL we should probably mention Christian. He was serviceable in yesterdays game. Not Trent by any means. But serviceable. 

SERIOUS SYNCHRONICITY: I was reading your post while listening to Al Galdi on 980 and Doc Walker says something like, “Geron only got beat on one pass rush. So not worried about practice. Maybe the reason he had so much trouble in practice was because he had to go up against Sweat and Chase Young all day. Kid showed up in the game though...”

42 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Williams absolutely demolished that LBer. While we are talking about the OL we should probably mention Christian. He was serviceable in yesterdays game. Not Trent by any means. But serviceable. 

I thought he looked pretty terrible. He looked so slow on that sack and also gave up some pressures. I'd love to see Saahdiq Charles in there. 

23 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

No worries boys.

First drive offense and first drive defense is just a feeling out period.

Now the game begins.

Hate to do it but I have to give this Trances blowhard just a little bit of credit.

At a time when this entire thread was filled with “here we go again” type negative comments old Trances urged us to stay calm. Almost like he knew something.

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hate it too. Really wish we couldve worked things out. Of course, as soon as we get better players, I won't hate it anymore, so theres that...

Agreed, this team will grow and get better in time on the OL.  With that said, SF did lose that game so there's that. 

On 9/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, FootballZombie said:

I would have kicked the FG too, but there was a reason behind it.

even with a FG, its a two score game. You don't really fear a return, as almost all kicks are TBs. The choice to kneel gives the opposing team the ball deep in their own zone, instead of at the 20. They already had to go down the field twice, your just making sure they go as long a way as possible.

I would have made the opposite call, but it was not exactly a bad one. and you can call it "classy"

Um blocked FG anyone? 

Archived