Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Team vs Eagles Game Day Thread

TK

31 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That’s great. I feel the moon is made of Brie cheese, do you have to respect my position just because I hold it with ferver? 

You’re incorrect no matter how strongly you feel your opinion. Some things are a matter of facts.

No I respect all positions and opinions.....your wrong but it’s your right to be wrong....I accept your apology 

I’m never normally this active with the posting. But Wentz ducking when our defensemen was approaching had me nervous because if they would have hit him in the head that’s a easy 15 yards. 

He was so slippery too. That ducking is dangerous and he’s not a small guy. I just knew they would **** us on a call late. Glad it didn’t happen. 

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

dude's coming out from under the bridge lol. Don't feed the wildlife

Max respect to put money on that. I didn't have that one

Bet you were sweating bullets at the end tho

I WAS........couldnt see the game, was just following on my fantasy football page. Went ape **** after it was FINALLY over. 

Rivera Victory Speech

4 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

I’m never normally this active with the posting. But Wentz ducking when our defensemen was approaching had me nervous because if they would have hit him in the head that’s a easy 15 yards. 

He was so slippery too. That ducking is dangerous and he’s not a small guy. I just knew they would **** us on a call late. Glad it didn’t happen. 

Yep when he ducks like that over and over he IS going to get a knee in the head one of these days. Proper.

Personal foul, defense, blow to the head.

Saw the game. As many of you have said, quality coaching definetely played a key role.

That D line is shaping up to become a formidable strength.

How many divisional wins do you remember after being down by 17 points? Can't recall one from the top of my head. 

We also broke a long losing streak versus Philly today.

Having said that, the O was not impressive. The running game is still a problem.

And, as most people predicted, Haskins struggles a lot to put the team on his shoulders.

The D saved his butt today.

I respect cutting AP for all the reasons we know why. But he’s so much better than Barber it’s insane. It’s good to give Haskins full leadership and he showed it today and I loved it. But we were a better team with him and would have really put it to them at the end today with him. 

Loved that Haskins continued to show he’ll get it done in the 4th quarter today. My one moment of utter WTF was kneeling on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. It stops the clock, gives the other team the ball and eliminates points on the board. Maybe we were worried about the KO return but with Hopkins kicking out of the end zone doesn’t make sense. 

We had no injuries and should get Fuller back and that will be big. Haskins NEEDS to be more accurate but defense as a whole was as advertised and we may have three double digit sack guys which is insane. Plenty of errors today but based on halftime adjustments I expect coaches to shore that up and we will be competitive this year. Love beating a division opponent week one. 

2 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Saw the game. As many of you have said, quality coaching definetely played a key role.

That D line is shaping up to become a formidable strength.

How many divisional wins do you remember after being down by 17 points? Can't recall one from the top of my head. 

We also broke a long losing streak versus Philly today.

Having said that, the O was not impressive. The running game is still a problem.

And, as most people predicted, Haskins struggles a lot to put the team on his shoulders.

The D saved his butt today.

Probably gonna be like that all season. Just protect the pigskin

4 minutes ago, moondog said:

I respect cutting AP for all the reasons we know why. But he’s so much better than Barber it’s insane. It’s good to give Haskins full leadership and he showed it today and I loved it. But we were a better team with him and would have really put it to them at the end today with him. 

Loved that Haskins continued to show he’ll get it done in the 4th quarter today. My one moment of utter WTF was kneeling on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal. It stops the clock, gives the other team the ball and eliminates points on the board. Maybe we were worried about the KO return but with Hopkins kicking out of the end zone doesn’t make sense. 

We had no injuries and should get Fuller back and that will be big. Haskins NEEDS to be more accurate but defense as a whole was as advertised and we may have three double digit sack guys which is insane. Plenty of errors today but based on halftime adjustments I expect coaches to shore that up and we will be competitive this year. Love beating a division opponent week one. 

AP showed today too that it's not like he's some one trick pony. Had 3 catches today and his hands looked good when he was here. It wasn't like some dead giveaway what we were going to do with him on the field. If the reason was because of special teams, then let McKissic and Gibson play it.

1 minute ago, method man said:

AP showed today too that it's not like he's some one trick pony. Had 3 catches today and his hands looked good when he was here. It wasn't like some dead giveaway what we were going to do with him on the field. If the reason was because of special teams, then let McKissic and Gibson play it.

It was a future decision. Get younger and let Haskins lead rather than guys look to AP. Probably for the best but I loved him and the attitude he gave us on offense. No regrets but he will be missed this year. 

7 minutes ago, moondog said:

My one moment of utter WTF was kneeling on 4th down instead of kicking the field

I would have kicked the FG too, but there was a reason behind it.

even with a FG, its a two score game. You don't really fear a return, as almost all kicks are TBs. The choice to kneel gives the opposing team the ball deep in their own zone, instead of at the 20. They already had to go down the field twice, your just making sure they go as long a way as possible.

I would have made the opposite call, but it was not exactly a bad one. and you can call it "classy"

9 minutes ago, moondog said:

Yeah man, DEFINITELY preferred keeping AP over Barber. AP had 93 yards on 14 carries today against the Bears. 

2 minutes ago, moondog said:

It was a future decision. Get younger and let Haskins lead rather than guys look to AP. Probably for the best but I loved him and the attitude he gave us on offense. No regrets but he will be missed this year. 

That game he had vs Tennessee with Timon Parris and a bunch of scrubs blocking for him is one of my favorite all time performances

29 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

We did just fine without AP production at RB was not our problem today.

Offense as a whole looked trash most of the game. We had more than a few drives where the run game looked raggedy. AP's running was MUCH needed in a game like today.

And I'm fine with playing musical chairs at running back I guess, but whoever has the hot hand, keep feeding them. Gibson had a nice groove going and then I never saw him again. It was the Peyton Barber show which was blah.

Archived