Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official 2020 win/loss prediction thread.

bakedtater1

On 8/14/2020 at 12:14 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

idk how many games get played but the season will get “finished” and WFT will lose. A lot. Haskins is benched and we’re tanking for Trevor pretty soon 

Jacksonville is probably a lock for Trevor. I am sticking with 6 wins but it will not surprise me if we only win 4.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:07 PM, zskins said:

Skin contact doesn't matter. Virus can't attack you if it gets in your bloodstream. Unless the players like to lick their wounds/skin. :P

Virus only attacks via your respiratory system so the helmet has to be a shield to protect your eyes, nose and mouth and with a mini breathing apparatus. This could work. :)

Wrong. 

The Main Routes Infection can Enter the Body are:

Body fluids – A body fluid e.g. blood, urine, pus, saliva from one person enters the body of another e.g. through cuts or other means such as sexual intercourse (e.g. syphilis, HIV etc.). Through saliva (e.g. glandular fever). Through contaminated substances entering the bloodstream e.g. tetanus can be contracted through wounds when handling contaminated soil.

Through the air – e.g. tuberculosis. Droplet infections are carried through the air through coughs and sneezes (e.g. common cold, respiratory viruses).

Through touch – Those caught by directly touching the skin/skin to skin contact (these are often referred to as contagious) of someone who has a particular kind of infection such as chickenpox.

Touching an infected object which an infected person has touched e.g. door handles, paper and cooking implements – e.g. Norovirus (winter vomiting infection) can be caught this way.

Through ingestion – contaminated food causes food poisoning (e.g. salmonella and campylobacter) or water (e.g. cholera)

Through bites from other creatures – e.g. infections from dog and cat bites, (e.g. blood poisoning/sepsis) or through parasites e.g. insect bites/stings (e.g. malaria). Insect bites and stings can also cause allergic reactions which are not due to infections but due to toxins which exist in the venom which has entered the body.

I think we should all expect a ****ty season. Too much bad karma out there. Dan And the sexual harassment issue; is going to hang over this team until it reaches a conclusion and I don't see a conclusion until 2021. 

We don't know how Ron's cancer will play out.

The suckage could go on longer; if there's an owner change in 21.  Say the team is sold by May 21.  Ron will have to a playoff season to retain his job. The new owner will eventually want his own people throughout the organization. No guarantee that happens. If the team is sold by Christmas; then I would expect a complete cleaning house. The new owner will want to start off with his own people from Day 1.

There's too much uncertainity to expect much the next couple of years. Chase maybe our only real highlight.

Just reviewing our schedule.  Is anybody terrified that we'll do another false positive on the front end?  While it is not easy, I could easily see us going 5-3 on the front and then finishing 2-6 on the back. Maybe it is just a sort of fan PTSD (2018, 2008, 1996, 1978) and buy the Danny another year or two of failure.

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

6-10.  A lot of low scoring games.  Defense keeps us in a lot of games, but with so much change on offense, it's a struggle to gel due to limited offseason.

I'm still excited to see our young guys develop.

Good stuff here..big like from the tater

On 8/13/2020 at 11:54 AM, 09 said:

9-7.   1 playoff win.

Haskins - Top 14 rated.

Defense - Top 10.

Young/Sweat - 20+ sacks.

AP - 1000+ yds.

Terry - 1000+ yds.

Logan Thomas 45 rec / 500 yds.

3-3 in NFCE.

Beat Baltimore.

I like bullish fans.  Not unrealistic or naive expectations, but fans with bullish attitudes, yes.

The playoff win though.....uhhh...idk

On 9/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

7-9 we surprise a lot of people and are in it until the end. Dwayne matures into a keeper, the D is what we hoped it would be. 

Makes sense to me.  Week to week, we’ll gain and lose “die-hard” fans based on wins and losses.

:815:

Defense keeps us in almost all the games, offense will do enough to win 8.  I’m going with a solid 8-8.  More than double our win total from last year.  I think we go .500 in the NFC East.  I think we break at least one NFC East QB.  I think Chase is Defensive Player of the Year and Sweat gets double digit sacks.  I think Haskins removes any doubt that he’s the guy and Alex Smith retires after the season and joins the coaching staff in some capacity next year.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We look pretty bad on paper. I’ll say .250 win percentage and we don’t get through a 16 game season. Lots of games that are 10-3 or 14-7 at halftime until our defense gets gassed in the 2nd half.

Our defense is deep as **** and shouldn't get gassed very often.

3 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Just reviewing our schedule.  Is anybody terrified that we'll do another false positive on the front end?  While it is not easy, I could easily see us going 5-3 on the front and then finishing 2-6 on the back. Maybe it is just a sort of fan PTSD (2018, 2008, 1996, 1978) and buy the Danny another year or two of failure.

The first half of our schedule definitely looks very winable. I'd be surprised if we're not 5-3 half way through. A solid defense and the newness and creativity of Turners offense should keep us out front a bit I think. After that, it'll depend on how our very young team handles it and grows.

If this team wins 8 games Riverboat deserves coach of the year consideration.

I don’t realistically see us winning more than 5 or 6 games. I’ll  be an optimist and go with 6-10 which is really a great job given our roster and schedule.

P.S. One caveat: Turnovers.

If this team can be stingy with the ball on offense and go on a feeding frenzy on defense with pick sixes, strip sack recoveries, forced fumbles on the goal line etc., all bets are off. Gibbs 1.0 proved the transformative value of turnovers. It can make a team believe they are better than they are and sometimes if you believe something hard enough it comes true.

Archived