Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official 2020 win/loss prediction thread.

bakedtater1

On 8/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

If hockey can do it, then we can

The difference it is being played in two highly controlled and sanitized stadiums and the teams are staying local and in Canada. You won't be able to do that with football though. 

The season might still happen but could see it being pushed back to later dates. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

The difference it is being played in two highly controlled and sanitized stadiums and the teams are staying local and in Canada. You won't be able to do that with football though. 

The season might still happen but could see it being pushed back to later dates. 

Couldn't they design uniforms that leaves virtually no skin exposed, and transform helmets into high-tech safety masks ?

Doesn't seem like it would be a stretch

On 8/11/2020 at 10:43 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Couldn't they design uniforms that leaves virtually no skin exposed, and transform helmets into high-tech safety masks ?

Skin contact doesn't matter. Virus can't attack you if it gets in your bloodstream. Unless the players like to lick their wounds/skin. :P

Virus only attacks via your respiratory system so the helmet has to be a shield to protect your eyes, nose and mouth and with a mini breathing apparatus. This could work. :)

It helps to actually look at the schedule. 9 guaranteed losses. 7 tossups. 4-3 very optimistic in the tossups but give 'em a break. Record of 4-12 and that is being optimistic. No fans at FedEx will actually help because the visitors' fans won't be there.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:43 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's more to it than just the game. You have locker rooms / showers, meetings, meals. There is just a lot of unknowns at this point. That being said. I think they go 4-12....with several close games.

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Skin contact doesn't matter. Virus can't attack you if it gets in your bloodstream. Unless the players like to lick their wounds/skin. :P

Virus only attacks via your respiratory system so the helmet has to be a shield to protect your eyes, nose and mouth and with a mini breathing apparatus. This could work. :)

I was thinking of sweat on sweat.

If 2 sweaty men are rubbing against each other, can they give it to each other ?

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I was thinking of sweat on sweat.

If 2 sweaty men are rubbing against each other, can they give it to each other ?

Wouldn't the other players be running away from Sweat... :D

As for your sweat on sweat. No. Coronavirus can’t go anywhere without a droplet of saliva or mucus. Skin to skin is totally safe. 

I predict major improvement on the defense and a much more creative offense than we have seen in years. We'll also see some breakout players on both sides of the ball. We will be a tough out week to week because of the defense....Haskins growth will determine our record, I'll call it 10-6 with Philly and Dallas taking steps back.

I am typically an optimist when it comes to W-L record and often wrong accordingly.  😟

So I'll go more the other way, I am optimistic about 2021 but as for 2020 I think they have too many holes.  6-10 at best.  Either 5-11, 6-10.  I guess I am more optimistic than the average mock drafter who has us with either the first pick in the draft or the 2nd. 

The D-line is expected to be dominant.  The LBs and DBs are an unknown, but should benefit from the D-line.  The QBs are an unknown.  The RBs , besides AD, are an unknown.  The WRs and TEs are considered subpar. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I think they will finish below .500.  

I guess 6-10.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Depends, did you like AP on the team, or not 😂 

I was hoping you were going to tell me the other three RBs were going to play great.  At his age, AD can be considered an unknown, too.  I was giving the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt if they decided to keep AD.

Archived