Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official 2020 win/loss prediction thread.

bakedtater1

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Just remember the season is a wash regardless.

Yeah, really, I just want to see Gibson, McLaurin, Young, Sweat, and our youngins' developing and getting ready for next year. We'll have a butt-load of cap space and pretty good free agent class with Allen Robinson, Ronnie Stanley, and Chris Godwin all potential free agents.

Hell yea I just turned on the tv in the livingroom for the first time scince last football season and hulu is a go..tonight's game is on the schedule....its go time!!

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Hell yea I just turned on the tv in the livingroom for the first time scince last football season and hulu is a go..tonight's game is on the schedule....its go time!!

Wait..I forgot..scince last football season I have watched two movies with my surround sound system...mad max fury road and 1917...my tv misses me lol

I see a 6-10 season where we go 2-6 our first eight games and 4-4 in the back stretch... assuming we stay healthy. My god, the injury bug over the past 5 seasons has been absolutely vicious in DC. Anyway, we are going to go through some serious growing pains early on. Were in a new scheme, were very young, and we are trying to overcome a ton of controversy. However, under a coach like Rivera we have a shot at making the league notice us in the 2nd half of the year. (IF we stay healthy.)

I think the defense will keep us in games and as long as the offense dosent become a turnover machine then I think we can be in the 7-9 to 10-6 range.  Our schedule dosent seem that bad as there are a few teams that seem to be on the decline (Eagles,Rams, Bengals and Panthers)  All we need is a few things to go our way.  ALSO IM PREDICTING WAYYYYYYYYYY LESS DRIVE KILLING PHANTOM HOLD CALLS.  I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!!!!! I decline to comment on the reason for the lack of calls but Im fairly sure we will see less :) HTTR

4-12.

No tight ends on the roster worth a crap.  Only one halfway decent WR, shaky OL, a QB who hasn’t proved anything and looked pretty bad last season, no running game.  The DLine gets a lot of hype but have proved nothing at all up to this point even though I expect Chase Young to be great & Sweat has potential.  The secondary is bad.  Troy Apke is the FS.  Should be a team that is coached better across the board.  Still, this roster is bereft of talent.  Tough division.  Last place yet again.  Please make Dan Snyder sell the team.  He already killed the Redskins.

8 hours ago, volsmet said:

After the win, having wagered on Washington to win the East, the nfc, and the SB, I think we end up 4-12.

Definitely going to sweep that stretch of schedule where we play @Dallas (on Thanksgiving, no less), @SF, Pittsburgh, and Seattle.

Rivera post game

Good to see heart, chemistry, and a chip on their shoulders.  I haven’t seen this in a long time.

Is it time to rev up the “Bandwagon”, Tony?

It’s just the 1st game.

We shall see.

Hey Mods, if we beat Zona, I need to park the Tony’s Bandwagon on it’s own parking thread! Just saying! Do I need a permit?

34 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Definitely going to sweep that stretch of schedule where we play @Dallas (on Thanksgiving, no less), @SF, Pittsburgh, and Seattle.

If haskins gets in a rhythm...and all cylinders are clicking with Gibson...I think the d can keep us in a game against the stiilers.

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

If haskins gets in a rhythm...and all cylinders are clicking with Gibson...I think the d can keep us in a game against the stiilers.

I’d rather not be able to use words that have the letter s on Friday’s - & unwittingly dispense 3 ounces of ketchup from my bellybutton every time I saw a bird - rather than watch Geron vs Watt.

23 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’d rather not be able to use words that have the letter s on Friday’s - & unwittingly dispense 3 ounces of ketchup from my bellybutton every time I saw a bird - rather than watch Geron vs Watt.

I really, really want us to try Charles there. Geron looks like he's playing in 2 foot deep mud. 

WEEK 3 · Sun 09/27 · AT Cleveland Browns

WEEK 4 · Sun 10/04 · Baltimore Ravens

WEEK 5 · Sun 10/11 · Los Angeles Rams

WEEK 6 · Sun 10/18 · AT New York Giants

WEEK 7 · Sun 10/25 · Dallas Cowboys

WEEK 8 . BYE

WEEK 9 · Sun 11/08 · New York Giants

WEEK 10 · Sun 11/15 · AT Detroit Lions

WEEK 11 · Sun 11/22 · Cincinnati Bengals

WEEK 12 · Thu 11/26 · AT Dallas Cowboys

WEEK 13 · Sun 12/06 · AT Pittsburgh Steelers

WEEK 14 · Sun 12/13 · AT San Francisco 49ers

WEEK 15 · Sun 12/20 · Seattle Seahawks

WEEK 16 · Sun 12/27 · Carolina Panthers

WEEK 17 · Sun 01/03 · AT Philadelphia Eagles

It's going be another long season.  Looking at the schedule, the only potential winable games:

Both Giants games, the Lions, the Bengals, the Panthers and the finale at the Eagles.  Win all those and we get 7 wins.  I don't see that happening with this team.

We won't sweep the Giants, even though they are just as bad as us.  The 0-2 Bengals have been competitive and I'd take their QB over ours. Carolina is better than

us and while they will have a Top 10 draft pick; they would love going against their former head coach.  By the Eagles games, this team will be done; so not a lock

we would win the rematch.

White there's potential to win 7 games; I think realistically we are looking at a 2-4 win team at best.  I can see Dwayne getting benched at some point.

32 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Which sounds better:

Suck for Sewell

Punt for Penei

Im fine with a top 3-5 pick that puts us in position for the top OL.

2 weeks ago I was on that train but right now I'm just not buying what Dwayne is selling. If we're that bad it kind of shows Dwayne isn't the guy in my eyes. 

Archived