Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

22 minutes ago, 09 said:

Bobby Mitchell soldiered it out for 2 years. One can only hope that Darrell Green will be able to survive the same thrust upon his number for *checks notes* 2 months on a website.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Damn if I didn't think this was Bruce Allen for a moment lol...had some PTSD for a second.

Side note: Snyder has one of the world's most punchable faces.

I was just about to post the same thing.  Weird to actually see Dan speak.  😀

My takeaway from it was Dan saying the new stadium will open in 2027 or maybe slightly sooner.  I know some local media people think they might not make it in time for 2027 saying they need a lot of time to making it all happen and time is running out.  I looked up the Raiders process.   The stadium took three years to build.  Granted there is the lead in stuff to it -- securing the funding/design, etc.   Looks like they still have the time to get this done for 2027 and clearly that's the goal based on that interview

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

RFK is about to be demolished, it's pretty obvious where that thing is going :)

That would be unbelievable.   I got no faith in Dan as an owner.  I used to think though getting a spanking cool looking new stadium would be up his alley though and that might be his one and sadly only calling card during his tenure.   Now, I am not so sure I have faith in Dan even on the stadium issue.  But got faith in Jason Wright.   Will see. 

• Like 3

I hope this new stadium is much smaller. It's already happening and has been happening for the last half-decade or so, but less people are going to sports games. People are just as happy to sit at home and watch games on big flat-screen TVs. This new stadium should have about 60,000 - 65,000 seats tops. Our younger fanbase is not really that big, so that has to be taken into consideration with this new stadium. 

Smaller stadiums are just so much better and get LOUD. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I missed this in real time when it came out, just saw it retweeted on twitter.  This is wildly amusing to me in a sad way for a number of reasons.

As for Bruce, I forgot how his job security according to some back then was strengthened based on him supposedly being the dude who could deliver the stadium.

And talk about going full circle where Cerrato of all people could talk about the team losing fans and taking shots at Allen.    

Boy have things changed at least for now without either Cerrato or Bruce in that building.  Hopefully it lasts.  😀

"Perception a lot of times is reality," Cerrato said. "And your fan base is dwindling. And... they're the one's that pay the bills." 

"Dan (Snyder) has his reasons (to keep Allen), what they are," Cerrato said. "I'm sure it revolves around getting (a new) stadium."

He did say Snyder making a change on the football-side of things would make sense.  

"I would think let somebody that's a football guy run the football stuff for him," Cerrato said.

The door has closed on a possible third stint for Cerrato, however.

"No, I'm too involved with youth hockey," he said. 

@Dan T.Started a thread with the Snyder/Jason  Wright tweet, so I'm not sure where conversation should go.  I saw that one first before i came in here.

A few immediate takeaways: 

- I think this is the longest Dan Snyder has spoken in 12 years, and by far the most comfortable he has looked.  

- Dan did a good job answering questions, but Jason jumped in to take some of the questions. He seemed like he was really nervous having Dan speak, so he jumped in as soon as he could to take questions.

- 2027, maybe a bit before is the target date, but they don't know where.  Question, "could it be closer to the White House" was a good way to probe, but the answer was "maybe."  They don't know where they're going yet.

- I think all of this is so Jason Wright can go travel Europe and go to a bunch of "football" stadiums.  He seemed to be positively ecstatic at the idea.  

- This was entirely planned and entirely scripted to look casual.  

Looks like Rivera has figured out a clever method to keep Snyder busy and as far away from Redskins Park as possible.

The Dan: "I want to talk to you about some free agents I think we should sign.

Riverboat Ron: I'm glad you dropped in. We could really use your input on plans for the new stadium. In fact I can't think of anyone else that I'd rather have doing a long detailed and precise world tour of stadiums right now.

The Dan: I'm on it! Gonna have them fuel up "WTF One" and I'm off! Will you guys be ok without me though?

Riverboat Ron: It's less than ideal but I think we'll find some way to get by. Just take your time and get it right. Bon voyage!

XXX

Dan Snyder says Washington Football Team has 'big plans' for new stadium opening by 2027

...On Thursday, while kicking off an international stadium tour with team president Jason Wright, Snyder confirmed to TMZ Sports that Washington has "big plans" for a new home and intends to open its next stadium by 2027.

"We're touring stadiums," he said outside of SoFi Stadium, the new California home of the Chargers and Rams. "We're coming (to the) West Coast and touring, about 12 of us, looking to build a new venue back home, in D.C. or Maryland. So we're everywhere ... looking at the future ... We're making big plans. Coming soon to Washington."

...Snyder said his contingent's stadium tour will continue into Europe, where Washington is dedicated to seeing "the best of the best" and bringing ideas back to the Washington area.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-says-washington-football-team-has-big-plans-for-new-stadium-opening-by-2027/

• Haha 1

I strongly doubt Snyder is anywhere close to having the approval or funding for a new stadium.

Public attitudes seem to have softened a bit since the playoff run, but getting a deal through is going to take time. I can't imagine he'll get public funding in this environment.

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Did NFLN mention Luke joining the coaching staff too?

If he wants a job, RR will give him one. 

Say what you will about Snyder, but they have always been top spenders for coaching staff's. 

With so much riding on Davis being successful, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something soon. 

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

If he wants a job, RR will give him one. 

Say what you will about Snyder, but they have always been top spenders for coaching staff's. 

With so much riding on Davis being successful, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something soon. 

Thanks Silvernon but am awaiting reply from Fresh8686 for verification on if he heard them state it on  NFLN.  :) 

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thanks Silvernon but am awaiting reply from Fresh8686 for verification on if he heard them state it on  NFLN.  :) 

Unfortunately it’s just speculation for now. It’s driven by the interview Luke had with the Moving the Sticks podcast where he mentioned spending some time going over things with our LB’s and the fact that he resigned from a scouting position with Carolina. 

If he decides to do something on the coaching side we have an Asst. LB spot opening. 

Speaking of scouts

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Not true.  He’s been willing to spend on head coaches and big names defensive coordinators, but not the rest of the staff or scouts.

However, it seems what Ron wants he receives, so it’s definitely possible.  I just can’t let any undeserved Snyder praise go unchecked, nevermind me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The more that goes on, the more I buy the theory that some beat guys have which is the Kyle Smith connection to Bruce Allen is likely strongly in the soup for why he had to go.  Kyle wasn't just a hire from Bruce.  Kyle is Bruce's best buddy's son.  I like Kyle.  It is what it is.  but considering there seems to be a behind the scenes including a legal war going on with Dan and Bruce, I get the desire to purge people with strong connections to Bruce.  Kyle wasn't the only one purged in that context from what's been said.  I'd add that multiple beat guys said Kyle and Rivera got along well from what they heard.

If Rivera completely stripped that staff, then I'd wonder more about this being just him wanting his guy.  But he's played up a noticed Gribble multiple times before the last draft.  Gribble was Kyle's handpicked head of college scouting.  And Gribble is still there at that same job.  Will see though if he lasts.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1