Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

25 minutes ago, 09 said:

stuff like this shouldn’t bother me ... but ... today’s roster on the website ... 

C6F8DAB4-312E-4AA0-946A-5568E3021A9B.jpeg

DE8EF448-2650-4F10-B1C3-F4F6D13580BD.jpeg

His number was #28 in Miami, he just hasn't selected a new number. Does it really bother you that it's temporarily displayed on the website? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Does it really bother you that it's temporarily displayed on the website? 

Yup.  

It bothered me when they let Leonard Stephens wear 49. 

“       “          “       “       “    contemplated letting Shane Matthew wear 9.

“       “          “        “       “    contemplated letting Danny Wuerffel wear 7.

”       “          “        “        “    seeing Dwayne Haskins wear 7.

So it certainly bothers me seeing  28 listed on the active roster.  For anybody.  It’s disrespectful to arguably the franchise’s greatest player.

It also bothers me that a multi-billion $ organization ... struggling to win back its fan base ... can’t update a simple roster with nearly week old information.  

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, 09 said:

Yup.  

“       “          “       “       “    contemplated letting Shane Matthew wear 9.

“       “          “        “       “    contemplated letting Danny Wuerffel wear 7.

So it certainly bothers me seeing  28 listed on the active roster.  For anybody.  It’s disrespectful to arguably the franchise’s greatest player.

It also bothers me that a multi-billion $ organization ... struggling to win back its fan base ... can’t update a simple roster with nearly week old information.  

Blame Dan Snyder for being an idiot and just just formally retiring #’s like 9, 44, 28, 81...

58 minutes ago, 09 said:

Yup.  

Man, this is a very small thing to get mad about. He isn't going to wear Green's #28, it's a PLACEHOLDER on the website until he chooses his actual number. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

...this is a very small thing to get mad about.

Not mad ... just bothered by an obvious lack of attention to detail ... a bad indicator.

And the disrespect.   

They should’ve left the number blank ...

... like they did with the rookie class ... even though #’s were chosen almost a week ago.

3 hours ago, 09 said:

Not mad ... just bothered by an obvious lack of attention to detail ... a bad indicator.

And the disrespect.   

They should’ve left the number blank ...

... like they did with the rookie class ... even though #’s were chosen almost a week ago.

London Flecther agrees with this.

EFMdzaYXYAAQL_J?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 8

17 hours ago, Isifhan said:

I'd argue that neither one of those hires were known as transformative, culture changing figures.  Shanny maybe but he had his baggage.  My point is that I think, if this ends badly with Ron, future head coach hires, at least the "big name / culture change" style coaches would not come here. Ron is too respected and I think they'd feel that if he couldn't do it, it can't be done. I don't doubt that there would be coaches who'd want to coach here, there's only so many HC slots but I'd expect a lot more "zorn" and a lot less actual respected coaching hires. 

I have been reading that Snyder was firing his last bullet since Joe Gibbs came here. There were articles and posts in ES talking about "well, if THIS doesn't work out..."

It's happened 2-3 times, easily. It happened with Gibbs, Shanahan, and even Bruce Allen. "Finally there are adults running the operation" has been echoed with nearly every move (maybe not Zorn - hahaha). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's happened 2-3 times, easily. It happened with Gibbs, Shanahan, and even Bruce Allen. "Finally there are adults running the operation" has been echoed with nearly every move (maybe not Zorn - hahaha). 

Who knew back in December 2009 what a scumbag Bruce Allen would turn out to be? I remember being excited to have him--but in retrospect it was more "anyone but Vinny Cerrato!"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Who knew back in December 2009 what a scumbag Bruce Allen would turn out to be? I remember being excited to have him--but in retrospect it was more "anyone but Vinny Cerrato!"

I agree. I'm just saying that in the moments they were happening, plenty of other moves felt similar to this "fresh start" for Snyder. There are plenty of ways this doesn't work out...

Rivera could be getting overhyped simply because he's better than Gruden but if his hard-nosed approach rubbed a fan favorite player the wrong way next year, I could see public opinion changing. Imagine if Chase Young were to complain after a game about something Rivera did? 

Snyder could get bored or think people are making bad football decisions. What if he determines that the team is a QB away and forces a trade for a name? He did it with McNabb and Haskins...

• Like 2

@TD_washingtonredskins I get the apprehension as you're not wrong, we've been through a number of 'fresh starts' that feel really good until they don't.

But what we're seeing here with Ron is more than just football.  He's literally overhauling everything about this organization.  From the structure, to the facilities, the field, the PR, diversity, just all around how this team does business.  That doesn't guarantee us anything in terms of Lombardis or that Dan won't find a way to screw it up eventually.  But this is certainly a fresh start unlike any we've had before - we have to credit him with that much.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Snyder could get bored or think people are making bad football decisions. What if he determines that the team is a QB away and forces a trade for a name? He did it with McNabb and Haskins...

He could very well come off his yacht and start making picks...anyone who denies that really needs to look at his history. However, the only real, tangible difference is the lack of sycophantic henchmen: Cerrato and Allen. They were Snyder guys--Hurney and Mayhew, for better or worse, are Rivera's guys. Maybe they have the clout to tell Snyder to clam it, but, the jury is still out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@TD_washingtonredskins I get the apprehension as you're not wrong, we've been through a number of 'fresh starts' that feel really good until they don't.

But what we're seeing here with Ron is more than just football.  He's literally overhauling everything about this organization.  From the structure, to the facilities, the field, the PR, diversity, just all around how this team does business.  That doesn't guarantee us anything in terms of Lombardis or that Dan won't find a way to screw it up eventually.  But this is certainly a fresh start unlike any we've had before - we have to credit him with that much.

That's fair. It's still tough for me to look at any of these changes as anything more than a PR shield. But, it's unfair for me to pre-judge. All I mean is that we have brought in successful, well-respected people before and they seem to flame out or it turns sour here. They leave as villains when this is really the only pock mark on their resume. That goes for coaches, front office folks, players, etc. And the one constant is Snyder. Maybe this time is different...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's fair. It's still tough for me to look at any of these changes as anything more than a PR shield. But, it's unfair for me to pre-judge. All I mean is that we have brought in successful, well-respected people before and they seem to flame out or it turns sour here. They leave as villains when this is really the only pock mark on their resume. That goes for coaches, front office folks, players, etc. And the one constant is Snyder. Maybe this time is different...

Again, you're not wrong.

My only real point is that judging Ron by his actions: who he's sent packing, who he's hired, spending on upgrades, etc., he's doing everything you'd want someone responsible for changing the culture to do.  Is there some PR in there? Sure, but there practically always is, everywhere.  That said, I think the majority of his actions speak to how he viewed most everything about this organization, and it seems he saw it like most of us unfortunately have.  Again, I'm not saying this equates to everything being swell for the next decade.  Toxic people like Dan, don't just lose all their toxicity and become great people.  With him as owner, we'll always run the risk of things going sideways.  I'm confident though, if things go sideways, it won't be as a result of anything that Ron's been doing.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Again, you're not wrong.

My only real point is that judging Ron by his actions: who he's sent packing, who he's hired, spending on upgrades, etc., he's doing everything you'd want someone responsible for changing the culture to do.  Is there some PR in there? Sure, but there practically always is, everywhere.  That said, I think the majority of his actions speak to how he viewed most everything about this organization, and it seems he saw it like most of us unfortunately have.  Again, I'm not saying this equates to everything being swell for the next decade.  Toxic people like Dan, don't just lose all their toxicity and become great people.  With him as owner, we'll always run the risk of things going sideways.  I'm confident though, if things go sideways, it won't be as a result of anything that Ron's been doing.

I agree. I'm sure Rivera is making solid decisions. I thought Shanahan did too. He was somehow run off as the villain when, in hindsight, much of what he wanted to do would have been the right move. Remember how relieved we were when Haynesworth was forced to pass the conditioning test? How about what we've learned about how Shanahan wanted different players than Snyder let him use? There were plenty of signals that we were finally moving in the right direction, culture-wise, even before the RG3 playoff run. But Mike was still hung out to dry and many of us just assumed he was washed up and failed, not that he was put into a bad environment. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 8:06 PM, 09 said:

Yup.  

A hungover intern typed that up between vape breaks. Chill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

A hungover intern typed that up between vape breaks. Chill. 

I admittedly have little very tolerance for incompetence, sloppiness and a careless lack of attention to detail in the workplace.

But you do you.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 09 said:

I admittedly have little very tolerance for incompetence, sloppiness and a careless lack of attention to detail in the workplace.

But you do you.

Experiencing any sort of change in my mental state over something a 19-year old Communications major typed up for college credit on the unofficial WFT roster web page between checking their insta stories is not something I can fathom...but you do you. 

14 minutes ago, 09 said:

Figures you'd misspell "official" ...

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/team/players-roster/

IMG-4403.jpg

The website is the official website of the Washington Football Team, yes. The roster on that website is in no way “official” right now, regardless of what it says. This comes up every single offseason. No coaches or FO people even look at it, it’s a business side of the building thing. There is no input from football people on the website-reported roster until it’s official for the whole world after final training camp cuts. It’s just some team media person’s best guess right now. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

Darrell Green is going to sue the Team for emotional damages when he sees McCain has his Green's number next to his name on a website he never visits. We have done the man dirty. As we speak, the team is pasting pictures of Bobby McCain's face over Darrell Green's photos.

Such a horrible, senseless act of disrespect. I want Rivera fired, I want Jason Wright fired, and I want the team website shut down permanently. The franchise is tainted, and it's a stain that will never come out.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3