Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Takes a particularly thorough idiot to still defend Snyder in 2021, personally I’m always appreciative when people save me  the time it would take to figure out if what they have to say holds any value. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't agree with either of them being allowed on these boards. It's incredibly problematic. But I don't control that. And the only "bias" I have against Snyder is based on 20+ years of watching him slowly destroy the franchise I've loved since I was a boy. So yeah, I have a "bias" toward him in the same way you'd have a "bias" for the guy who intentionally ran over your cat. Someone shows themselves to be a POS, recognizing that does not equate to having a "bias" against them. 

I agree with everything except for the bolded part. Nothing about it was slow. If he had been able to screw with the 1999 roster they wouldn't have done anything at all either. It was a complete turd sandwich from day 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, Dissident2 said:

Great insight, dude. Really thought-provoking. 

It's pretty clear he won't be "forced to sell" at this point, so no one's expecting that anymore. But to have this many people bravely come forward and talk about what happened only to have their stories swept under a rug or locked away in some Indiana Jones-like vault is simply, for lack of a better word at the moment, immoral. Whatever the NFL decides to do, they owe it to these people to make this report public, or at the very least the overall gyst of it. 

Oh, and what "president" are they going to set? I'm going with Taft.  

The moment they approved him taking on more debt ; you knew they were going to let this slide.

On 5/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, A-Lost-Wolf said:

The bottom line is from what is being reported this is being dealt with in a very sincere and professional manor

You lost me at sincere.  

He sincerely wants the bleeding to stop.  50+ year old toxic people don't become non-toxic in a few months.

Am I glad he's been forced into this? Yes.  But not for a second do I believe this isn't all the making of something he has to do vs. what he would otherwise choose to do.  History indicates as much.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5

On 6/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You lost me at sincere.  

He sincerely wants the bleeding to stop.  50+ year old toxic people don't become non-toxic in a few months.

Am I glad he's been forced into this? Yes.  But not for a second do I believe this isn't all the making of something he has to do vs. what he would otherwise choose to do.  History indicates as much.

I've been mostly a critic as for Dan tenure but at times I've backed off.  I've bought the Dan gets it now rhetoric at different spots in his tenure.  I admit the main reason why I bought it then wasn't just because Dan said so or others said so but mainly because you'd have to IMO be really dense to constantly make the same mistakes and not learn eventually.  So I bet on the best in human nature prevailing.  However, at those turns where I thought Dan might have changed, I was wrong. 

As I've gotten older whether its in the work place, observing friends and people in general I've become more cynical about the idea that people change after wake up calls.  Someone's personality tends to be somewhat static and not that mutable.  People change easily for short stints but it often doesn't last.  

With Dan the last go of me trusting him was the Shanny era.  I bought that he backed off.  I bought initially the RG3-Dan side of that debate at that time versus Shanny.  But after story after story about that era broke out, I learned that I was wrong.  It's not that I absolve Shanny in retrospect.  But Shanny fought fire with fire which seems to be one weapon to deal with Dan. 

With Dan the dysfunction seemed to manifest with people in that building by either adapting to it and going along with it to survive versus fighting the tide -- sounds like that was Jay's tact.  Playing hard core office politics and becoming Dan's pet and feeding the beast so to speak see Bruce and Cerrato.  Some played the you fight fire with fire -- Marty, Shanny.  Sounds like that tact was the end of Gregg Williams.  The movie hasn't ended well on any of those fronts with any of those tactics for different reasons. 

And as @thesubmittedone articulated over the years probably better than anyone, our fans tend to blame especially the coaches for displaying these forms of survival behavior to adapt to the culture which was set by Dan.  In other words, Dan brought out the worst traits in some of our coaches -- yet some fans put that on the coaches versus where the blame needed to be placed on which was on Dan.  And also some (granted not many) wonder why some of these coaches who were better elsewhere weren't as good here?  The answer to that seems obvious to me. 

Judging by polls and just general observing of social media/talk radio, Dan's popularity is probably about 5% or so of the fans versus 95% or so who don't care for him.  As Sheehan likes to say Dan is probably the most unpopular public figure in DC.  But yeah I've seen the 5% or so of Dan's believers make arguments on his behalf.  It's usually a variation of he's been unlucky, his coaches have let him down (as if Dan's culture had nothing to do with it), he is willing to spend money/just wants to win, give him a chance he's now finally changing -- don't you like the new change of this or that?

For me, I've bought into the new changes in the past.    I've tried to forget that Dan is the owner and focus on the positive.  Heck I am pretty much doing it now.  I am one of the more optimistic guys as for this regime.  I love Rivera.  Love Jason Wright.  I like the direction they are going in.  I give Rivera the benefit of the doubt on just about everything including letting Kyle Smith go (who was a favorite of mine) and adapting a FO style I am not normally a fan of.  So I get the people who just want to forget about Dan's past and just focus on the present.

Dan doesn't have many tricks in his bag that have worked over the years.  But his best trick has been to reinvent himself and this team when the chips are blatantly down.  Now we are going for another rodeo of it.  For me I think this regime is Dan's best chance of turning it around.  But no way I am not going to have in the back of mind the idea that Dan is capable of screwing this up.  The one thing that Dan has consistently did is screw up really every regime aside from Gibbs. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me, I've bought into the new changes in the past.    I've tried to forget that Dan is the owner and focus on the positive.  Heck I am pretty much doing it now.  I am one of the more optimistic guys as for this regime.  I love Rivera.  Love Jason Wright.  I like the direction they are going in.  I give Rivera the benefit of the doubt on just about everything including letting Kyle Smith go (who was a favorite of mine) and adapting a FO style I am not normally a fan of.  So I get the people who just want to forget about Dan's past and just focus on the present.

Dan doesn't have many tricks in his bag that have worked over the years.  But his best trick has been to reinvent himself and this team when the chips are blatantly down.  Now we are going for another rodeo of it.  For me I think this regime is Dan's best chance of turning it around.  But no way I am not go

This sums it up in a nutshell for me.

It's best for me to just block out that Dan owns the team and just try to enjoy everything else.  It's always been that way in some sense, but now probably more so than ever.  That said, should all the good changes that have taken place end up going sideways at some point, I won't be surprised.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You lost me at sincere.  

Agree 100% with a few notes, you are right, you don’t fix toxic people you fire them .

i agree with the premise that had the **** not hit the fan so to speak we wouldn’t be seeing these changes. Weather forced or by some remote random awakening on Dan’s part (better chance we win the lottery) the change is happening and I am very grateful it has.

i haven’t been so excited for a season for many many years and I’m proud of what our team is doing as far as culture and FO items. Heck we even have a physiologist on staff now 🤷‍♂️, we fans should get free sessions for still being fans! 

Now if we can get SIP to post all the tweets in chronological order so it wouldn’t F with my OCD my ES experiences  would be perfect 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. That’s a joke 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan doesn't have many tricks in his bag that have worked over the years.  But his best trick has been to reinvent himself and this team when the chips are blatantly down.  Now we are going for another rodeo of it.  For me I think this regime is Dan's best chance of turning it around.  But no way I am not going to have in the back of mind the idea that Dan is capable of screwing this up.  The one thing that Dan has consistently did is screw up really every regime aside from Gibbs. 

I too try to forget about Dan and focus on the positives. And there are a lot of them. It's absolutely fine for long-suffering fans to allow themselves to feel pride again about their team. My point is that NONE of that exonerates Snyder for the last 20 years. The fact that he blatantly refuses to take responsibility for any of the team's misconduct, beyond the laughable "I was too hands-off" line, and even has shown a propensity for "blaming the victim" at times tells me all I need to know about him and any "changes" he's made. And yeah, that bothers me. 

So if someone wants to just focus on the team and forget about Snyder, have at it. But when I hear people jumping in to defend the guy or excuse him of blame for the last 20 years just because they've suddenly gotten excited about the team based on one 7-9 year, that's when I can't help but jump in. He deserves very little credit for anything good happening at the moment. He seems to have made a good decision to hire Rivera, but I think Rivera's ultimate success will only be bolstered by all the other moves that have happened in the front office, moves that would NOT have happened if the NFL hadn't stepped in and all these stories of misconduct, etc., weren't brought to light. There would be no Jason Wright without those stories, imo, and that culture he put in place for the last twenty years would be unchecked. And Rivera would probably end up being yet another casualty of that culture. 

So yeah, I'm thankful for the changes, and I'm proud of most of 'em. But the thought of that little weasel trying to come out of this squeaky clean and hoping that these moves will make everyone forget about what kind of person/owner he is truly sickens me. 

As I've said before, if Snyder would come out and give everyone a legitimate, sincere mea culpa, I may be willing to change, even if he doesn't fully cop to the things I'm personally 100-percent sure he had a big hand in (like the cheerleader videos). "This culture was my responsibility, and I'm ashamed of many of the things that happened under my watch, things that I realize now I helped encourage. I want to sincerely apologize to all who were hurt or victimized by this culture, not just for whatever acts you may have had to endure, but for my own inaction in doing what was necessary to both prevent those actions or to help you find justice after they occurred. I want to apologize to our fans for mistakes I've made that have translated to our performance on the field, as well as for these cultural issues within the building that I know have been a source of great embarrassment for you. I can assure you they are for me as well, and always will be. I can only pledge to all of you that I have learned a great deal from these incidents, and I'm fully committed to not only ensuring they never happen again under my watch, but that we instill a culture where these incidents can never find fertile ground to take root ever again. I realize that my words mean nothing, and I hope to show you with my actions, both now and in the years to come, how sincere I am in bringing these things to pass for what was once one of the greatest franchises in football and will be again. It is a privilege and honor to own this team. It is also a great responsibility. I have failed in that responsibility far too often. I can and will do better. Much better. And that starts right now.

Yours in Christ,

Dan and Tanya Snyder

Or something like that, lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I too try to forget about Dan and focus on the positives. And there are a lot of them. It's absolutely fine for long-suffering fans to allow themselves to feel pride again about their team. My point is that NONE of that exonerates Snyder for the last 20 years. The fact that he blatantly refuses to take responsibility for any of the team's misconduct, beyond the laughable "I was too hands-off" line, and even has shown a propensity for "blaming the victim" at times tells me all I need to know about him and any "changes" he's made. And yeah, that bothers me. 

So if someone wants to just focus on the team and forget about Snyder, have at it. But when I hear people jumping in to defend the guy or excuse him of blame for the last 20 years just because they've suddenly gotten excited about the team based on one 7-9 year, that's when I can't help but jump in. He deserves very little credit for anything good happening at the moment. He seems to have made a good decision to hire Rivera, but I think Rivera's ultimate success will only be bolstered by all the other moves that have happened in the front office, moves that would NOT have happened if the NFL hadn't stepped in and all these stories of misconduct, etc., weren't brought to light. There would be no Jason Wright without those stories, imo, and that culture he put in place for the last twenty years would be unchecked. And Rivera would probably end up being yet another casualty of that culture. 

So yeah, I'm thankful for the changes, and I'm proud of most of 'em. But the thought of that little weasel trying to come out of this squeaky clean and hoping that these moves will make everyone forget about what kind of person/owner he is truly sickens me. 

Yeah I feel the pain and share it.    There isn't much that I can find over the years that had a longish expose of Snyder with Snyder's participation.  This video below is the best I could find.  it was from 10 years ago.  He again played up how he was young and foolish and now he knows better.  It's sad to watch it 10 years later knowing that he continued to make the same mistakes despite his protestations in the past that he wouldn't.  He can't ride on his age anymore, blaming things on that. 

I agree that its mystifying to see anyone defend Dan considering we got now a 20 year plus sample.  But he always had some stragglers on the board and elsewhere defending him over the years. It's hard to find 100% agreement on any subject but its pretty close as far as I can tell on Dan.   He's a proven loser as least as far on field product.  It's not like he killed it with some of his other businesses at the same time like his "radio empire", Johnny Rockets, Six Flags, etc.  Just about every team transaction that he has had his finger prints on including the recent draft when they took Dwayne Haskins bombed.  The Junkies love to to just sum him up as a loser.  As far as making money, Dan clearly is no loser.  But as an NFL owner, he comes off as a dysfunctional loser at least in terms of on field product.

He's taken one of the most classiest and successful sports franchises and turned them into a punch line.    Hopefully Rivera can dig him out of that hole.  I think he can if Dan stays out of the way but that's always a big if. 

43 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

As I've said before, if Snyder would come out and give everyone a legitimate, sincere mea culpa, I may be willing to change, even if he doesn't fully cop to the things I'm personally 100-percent sure he had a big hand in (like the cheerleader videos). "This culture was my responsibility, and I'm ashamed of many of the things that happened under my watch, things that I realize now I helped encourage.

I am with you that this is why I can't trust that he's changed.  For once I'd like to see him take the hit for the culture.  The culture is him.  He's the boss.  He hires these guys and sets the tone.

I was as harsh as anyone on Bruce Allen for the job he did here.  Yet even I cringed when Dan pretty much placed all the blame on Bruce for their culture issues.  I personally think Bruce did a very poor job. But the culture isn't on Bruce.  The culture is on Dan -- 100%. 

Until Dan accedes that he's the problem versus its everyone else's fault, I got serious doubts he will learn.   Even if I ran with Dan's thoughts that its everyone else's fault and he's not to blame -- then how does he reconcile that he is the one making and retaining those hires?  So either he's the problem as far as the culture goes or he is the worst judge of potential employees in sports?  Either point would be a big problem.  But clearly the problem is the former not the later.  Dan has had some good people in that building with track records of success.  The hires haven't been a total disaster with some exceptions.  The disaster has been the culture which comes from the top. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been mostly a critic as for Dan tenure but at times I've backed off.  I've bought the Dan gets it now rhetoric at different spots in his tenure.  I admit the main reason why I bought it then wasn't just because Dan said so or others said so but mainly because you'd have to IMO be really dense to constantly make the same mistakes and not learn eventually.  So I bet on the best in human nature prevailing.  However, at those turns where I thought Dan might have changed, I was wrong. 

As I've gotten older whether its in the work place, observing friends and people in general I've become more cynical about the idea that people change after wake up calls.  Someone's personality tends to be somewhat static and not that mutable.  People change easily for short stints but it often doesn't last.  

With Dan the last go of me trusting him was the Shanny era.  I bought that he backed off.  I bought initially the RG3-Dan side of that debate at that time versus Shanny.  But after story after story about that era broke out, I learned that I was wrong.  It's not that I absolve Shanny in retrospect.  But Shanny fought fire with fire which seems to be one weapon to deal with Dan. 

With Dan the dysfunction seemed to manifest with people in that building by either adapting to it and going along with it to survive versus fighting the tide -- sounds like that was Jay's tact.  Playing hard core office politics and becoming Dan's pet and feeding the beast so to speak see Bruce and Cerrato.  Some played the you fight fire with fire -- Marty, Shanny.  Sounds like that tact was the end of Gregg Williams.  The movie hasn't ended well on any of those fronts with any of those tactics for different reasons. 

And as @thesubmittedone articulated over the years probably better than anyone, our fans tend to blame especially the coaches for displaying these forms of survivial behavior to adapt to the culture which was set by Dan.  In other words, Dan brought out the worst traits in some of our coaches -- yet some fans put that on the coaches versus where the blame needed to be placed on which was on Dan.  And also some (granted not many) wonder why some of these coaches who were better elsewhere weren't as good here?  The answer to that seems obvious to me. 

Judging by polls and just general observing of social media/talk radio, Dan's popularity is probably about 5% or so of the fans versus 95% or so who don't care for him.  As Sheehan likes to say Dan is probably the most unpopular public figure in DC.  But yeah I've seen the 5% or so of Dan's believers make arguments on his behalf.  It's usually a variation of he's been unlucky, his coaches have let him down (as if Dan's culture had nothing to do with it), he is willing to spend money/just wants to win, give him a chance he's now finally changing -- don't you like the new change of this or that?

Excellent post as always, SIP.

Watching how Ron has conducted himself really gave me some hope that the team might finally be turning a corner, but the hiring of Jason Wright has convinced me that we are. I realise that Snyder could still **** it all up on a whim, but I feel that Ron and Jason are both strong-willed men who don't tolerate BS, and hopefully are able to stand up to him (as much as it's possible to stand up to your boss).

We really do seem to be entering a new era of professionalism and while I agree with you that Dan's bad traits are deeply ingrained, surely he must realise that his best chance of finally having a successful franchise is to stay out of the way and let the adults do their thing.

I have hope again, and although I know that it's the hope that kills you, I'm in full-blown optimist mode and can't do anything about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Excellent post as always, SIP.

Watching how Ron has conducted himself really gave me some hope that the team might finally be turning a corner, but the hiring of Jason Wright has convinced me that we are. I realise that Snyder could still **** it all up on a whim, but I feel that Ron and Jason are both strong-willed men who don't tolerate BS, and hopefully are able to stand up to him (as much as it's possible to stand up to your boss).

We really do seem to be entering a new era of professionalism and while I agree with you that Dan's bad traits are deeply ingrained, surely he must realise that his best chance of finally having a successful franchise is to stay out of the way and let the adults do their thing.

I have hope again, and although I know that it's the hope that kills you, I'm in full-blown optimist mode and can't do anything about it.

Yeah I think Rivera and Jason Wright are both the perfect fit here.  They are both competent and also classy.  It's exactly what the doctor ordered.  Dan seems to always have a fallback option is the building to cater to his worst impulses.  Even Laconfora who is cynical as heck about this team acceded that what might be different now is that Dan doesn't have "his guy" in that building to feed off of.  So Dan being infused with people around him with class and professionalism maybe might bring out his best or at least minimize his worst impulses.  Will see. 

So maybe this time it changes?  Also Dan is at rock bottom now.  This is like the overweight dude who finally had the big heart attack after several scares.  Would I bet on it?  No.  But its possible.  If this drill fails, I think nothing else will work.  To me this is the last shot to see if Dan can be patient with an approach without getting in their way.    If this version bombs, its tough for me to see how Dan could sell the next beacon of hope without losing more fans. 

One of the reasons why I support Rivera loading up the building with his people is it seems like its necessary to keep Dan's worst instincts at bay.  Otherwise Dan historically will find that guy in the building who will see things "his way".  That dude whomever it is will likely just try to survive the jungle like any employee typically does by agreeing with their boss.  

Some forget but Bruce was pushed here with Shanny's blessing.   From what I've heard (in podcasts) part of the reason why the Shannys supposedly don't care for Bruce is they felt he betrayed them.   But really all Bruce was doing with placing his bets on the employer who will keep him employed -- that wasn't Shanny but Dan.  It is normal office survival behavior.  So lets say Dan hires the GM versus Rivera.  What are the odds that the GM ends up co-opted by Dan?  Based on history, I think its pretty good that it goes down.  I'd rather the GM feel indebted to Rivera not Dan.   In other words, I think here the Marty/John Schneider model might be the best one.  I am not saying its normally the best one.  But we got an abornmal situation IMO so sometimes in those cases you tailor your approach around that abnormality versus just ignoring it and hoping for the best.

I agree that Rivera and Wright come off like dudes who won't put up with BS.  Will see. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I think Rivera and Jason Wright are both the perfect fit here.  They are both competent and also classy.  It's exactly what the doctor ordered.  Dan seems to always have a fallback option is the building to cater to his worst impulses.  Even Laconfora who is cynical as heck about this team acceded that what might be different now is that Dan doesn't have "his guy" in that building to feed off of.  So Dan being infused with people around him with class and professionalism maybe might bring out his best or at least minimize his worst impulses.  Will see. 

So maybe this time it changes?  Also Dan is at rock bottom now.  This is like the overweight dude who finally had the big heart attack after several scares.  Would I bet on it?  No.  But its possible.  If this drill fails, I think nothing else will work.  To me this is the last shot to see if Dan can be patient with an approach without getting in their way.    If this version bombs, its tough for me to see how Dan could sell the next beacon of hope without losing more fans. 

One of the reasons why I support Rivera loading up the building with his people is it seems like its necessary to keep Dan's worst instincts at bay.  Otherwise Dan historically will find that guy in the building who will see things "his way".  That dude whomever it is will likely just try to survive the jungle like any employee typically does by agreeing with their boss.  

Some forget but Bruce was pushed here with Shanny's blessing.   From what I've heard (in podcasts) part of the reason why the Shannys supposedly don't care for Bruce is they felt he betrayed them.   But really all Bruce was doing with placing his bets on the employer who will keep him employed -- that wasn't Shanny but Dan.  It is normal office survival behavior.  So lets say Dan hires the GM versus Rivera.  What are the odds that the GM ends up co-opted by Dan?  Based on history, I think its pretty good that it goes down.  I'd rather the GM feel indebted to Rivera not Dan.   In other words, I think here the Marty/John Schneider model might be the best one.  I am not saying its normally the best one.  But we got an abornmal situation IMO so sometimes in those cases you tailor your approach around that abnormality versus just ignoring it and hoping for the best.

I agree that Rivera and Wright come off like dudes who won't put up with BS.  Will see. 

The problem is that Dan will eventually create another "his guy" to replace the last "his guy" he fired. Because he needs that. That's his nature, to reward people who suck up to him and tell him what he wants to hear, and not what he needs to hear. This is the nature of sycophancy in a toxic work environment. The newbies will see that the suck-ups get rewarded with perks (company car, $$$ bonus, bigger office, a suite at FedEx, copies of that cheerleader DVD, etc.) and will mimic that behavior accordingly in order to get ahead, which just perpetuates the whole toxic cycle and helps to explain why nothing ever changes...until the big guy in charge is somehow run out the door. Look at the history of toxic organizations (Enron is just one example) and you will see how hard this dynamic is to change without the person in charge being replaced.

The people who don't become sycophants get treated like Brian La Femina and shown the door.

And I get why people would say Dan would HAVE to know he's at rock bottom and make adjustments. That would be true if Dan were a normal, rational person like everyone on this board (well, except me...) and have a true epiphany like Ebenezer Scrooge on Christmas morning. But I'm not counting on that either. The reason Scrooge remains a popular character is because we realize how rare a person like that truly is, as most people like Snyder go to their graves muttering about how every single person they met betrayed them or let them down somehow...they're not capable of looking in the mirror and realizing that they are the problem.

I also agree that Snyder's recent hires seem to be geared towards deflecting attention away from himself. I'm sure once this is over the NFL report clears him of any wrongdoing, Snyder will eventually shift back to his old ways without even realizing it. Right now it's looking like Jason Wright will eventually compromise his values...not that there's any indication of that right now, but he'll want to stay in Snyder's favor and probably won't even notice that Snyder's behaviors are regressing. What's he going to do, tell his boss to stop acting a certain way? Jason Wright will be back on LinkedIn looking for work. My prediction is Snyder will eventually butt heads with Rivera on luring Wright to the Dark Side as Bruce and Vinny's heir.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The problem is that Dan will eventually create another "his guy" to replace the last "his guy" he fired. Because he needs that. That's his nature, to reward people who suck up to him and tell him what he wants to hear, and not what he needs to hear. This is the nature of sycophancy in a toxic work environment. The newbies will see that the suck-ups get rewarded with perks (company car, $$$ bonus, bigger office, a suite at FedEx, copies of that cheerleader DVD, etc.) and will mimic that behavior accordingly in order to get ahead, which just perpetuates the whole toxic cycle and helps to explain why nothing ever changes...until the big guy in charge is somehow run out the door. Look at the history of toxic organizations (Enron is just one example) and you will see how hard this dynamic is to change without the person in charge being replaced.

The people who don't become sycophants get treated like Brian La Femina and shown the door.

And I get why people would say Dan would HAVE to know he's at rock bottom and make adjustments. That would be true if Dan were a normal, rational person like everyone on this board (well, except me...) and have a true epiphany like Ebenezer Scrooge on Christmas morning. But I'm not counting on that either. The reason Scrooge remains a popular character is because we realize how rare a person like that truly is, as most people like Snyder go to their graves muttering about how every single person they met betrayed them or let them down somehow...they're not capable of looking in the mirror and realizing that they are the problem.

I also agree that Snyder's recent hires seem to be geared towards deflecting attention away from himself. I'm sure once this is over the NFL report clears him of any wrongdoing, Snyder will eventually shift back to his old ways without even realizing it. Right now it's looking like Jason Wright will eventually compromise his values...not that there's any indication of that right now, but he'll want to stay in Snyder's favor and probably won't even notice that Snyder's behaviors are regressing. What's he going to do, tell his boss to stop acting a certain way? Jason Wright will be back on LinkedIn looking for work. My prediction is Snyder will eventually butt heads with Rivera on luring Wright to the Dark Side as Bruce and Vinny's heir.

My thinking right now is that Wright has too much integrity to become another Snyder minion. I obviously don't know that for sure, but he definitely makes a good first impression.

I'm never going to hand in my fan card, but my enthusiasm for the team would take a big knock if it all falls apart again, so I'm totally invested in this iteration of rebuilding our status in the league and getting back to winning ways.

With the risk of sounding trite; in Ron (and Jason) I trust.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I see your point here and totally understand it, but I think this fan base is WAY past letting Dan march back in and allow him Napoleon everything back up again. For better or worse, events have come to a head to remove this asshat from public view for the last 5 months and for the near future. And to SIP's point, you NEVER get 95% of people on the same page to agree on anything. The fact that 9 out of 10 people do agree that Dan IS THE problem, leads me to believe that it's RR who will need to hold the line and Dan who will need to compromise. Especially when we are winning.

Like many here, I've been a Skins fan all my life. I was born in DC in 1967 and have a long family tradition of Redskins history. Hell, my grandma 'Dolly' dated some of the 1938 Redskins when they moved from Boston. I have a team picture that they signed all their names and a few signed to Dolly. But I will walk-the-EF-away from this team in a heartbeat if Snyder screws over Ron Rivera and what He's building here. I will walk away and go to the first team that Rivera ends up at. Unless it's Philly, then I will just quit football.

9 hours ago, mudhog said:

I see your point here and totally understand it, but I think this fan base is WAY past letting Dan march back in and allow him Napoleon everything back up again. For better or worse, events have come to a head to remove this asshat from public view for the last 5 months and for the near future. And to SIP's point, you NEVER get 95% of people on the same page to agree on anything. The fact that 9 out of 10 people do agree that Dan IS THE problem, leads me to believe that it's RR who will need to hold the line and Dan who will need to compromise. Especially when we are winning.

Like many here, I've been a Skins fan all my life. I was born in DC in 1967 and have a long family tradition of Redskins history. Hell, my grandma 'Dolly' dated some of the 1938 Redskins when they moved from Boston. I have a team picture that they signed all their names and a few signed to Dolly. But I will walk-the-EF-away from this team in a heartbeat if Snyder screws over Ron Rivera and what He's building here. I will walk away and go to the first team that Rivera ends up at. Unless it's Philly, then I will just quit football.

I agree with you as well, except I don't think this fan base has any impact on whether Snyder keeps the team or not. We don't have any say-so in the matter. Snyder also likely doesn't even care what the fans think of him...after all, he has his NFL team and his mansion and his yacht, so as far as he's concerned we can all pound sand. If he does come back and try to "Napoleon" everything, what can we truly do about it, other than boycott the team? Snyder is making tons of $$$ even if the stadium is completely empty, so there's no pressure for him to change.

As far as winning, yes it does seem unlikely that Snyder would meddle if things are going well. He may be a complete tool, but he's not that stupid. But watch out if this team tanks or suffers a major injury next year...I wouldn't put it past him to insert himself into the operations again.

Here's another thought I just had...if Snyder is absolved of all wrongdoing by the NFL report (which I fully expect), it's possible he will get revenge on everyone by becoming even MORE of a tool around WFT Park. Unfortunately that's how many toxic people react whenever they're let off the hook.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, #httr1979 said:

This sounds childish. You don’t like someone disagreeing with you. That’s not trolling. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you what you wanted to hear.

Thats 100% something a troll would say.

Very suspicious. How do you feel about bridges?

• Haha 1