Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Is it just me or does anyone else immediately lose most, or all respect for people who want to keep WFT?

I chock a lot of it up to stockholm syndrome, so gotta cut a little bit of slack.

The people who are capable of getting used to that name in under a year are capable of getting used to anything tho.

WFT is a terrible hill to die on

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think I hate it more now that it might actually be the permanent name.

This is right at about where I sit..I understand and respect why it happened(kinda)..makes sence Washington football team for something right now...but this realy just might be the right now and future?..ugg..idk..might just be the coors talking but

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Sounds like Cutting off your own nose to spite your face…I’d rather lose the “own” and get ourselves a nickname.

You’d still be the laughing stock of the league as the only one with Football Team as the nickname. Pick a name and move on, please!

It's spider face..pfff

• Haha 2

As I said wherever I said it (lol), Redwolves sounds like a 12 year old’s soccer team. Warriors is the most generic, uninspired, safe choice. It’s the check-down-on-3rd-and-long of nickname options lol…I’m not sure I’ve heard any other suggestions that are even as good as those two. 

So for me, it’s all about the helmet emblem…nail that and the name approval will follow. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

As I said wherever I said it (lol), Redwolves sounds like a 12 year old’s soccer team. Warriors is the most generic, uninspired, safe choice. It’s the check-down-on-3rd-and-long of nickname options lol…I’m not sure I’ve heard any other suggestions that are even as good as those two. 

So for me, it’s all about the helmet emblem…nail that and the name approval will follow. 

So you're kinda hoping for the whole praying mantis chewing off the opponents head thing?? I dig it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If we keep Team; it’s the ultimate F. U. Society required the name change , fine. We decided we don’t need a name.

See, now this is exactly where I started, and even though I wish it would all end and someone would pick a name already, I would be fine with WFT.

This is just me and how I see it from beginning to end. For the last decade or so, we have self-important, smug, biscuit-heads preach to us about the evils of certain speech. These mindless, invasive, bothersome little twits are what I refer to as the 'woke'. And these woke-wankers have been referring to the Redskins as 'Washington' or 'The Washington Football Team' for well over a decade now. By omitting our proper name 'Redskins', and calling us 'The Washington Football Team', these pretentious fools have ALREADY renamed us. So, on that note, I want to keep it! I earned it! After listening for over 10 years to what ever spewed out of their pompous, conceited, vacuous maws...I earned it! LONG LIVE WFT!!!!

• Thanks 1

There's no mention specifically of " Washington Football Team Est. 1932 " which the team also applied for. And I wonder if the team did that for a reason, in a further attempt to distinguish itself from " Washington Football Club " 

Also this same guy that owns " Washington Football Club " also owns " Washington Redwolves " , so I would assume that name ( and Washington Wolves ) would meet the same obstacles.

Edited by Spearfeather

2 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

There's no mention specifically of " Washington Football Team Est. 1932 " which the team also applied for. And I wonder if the team did that for a reason, in a further attempt to distinguish itself from " Washington Football Club " 

Also this same guy that owns " Washington Football Club " also owns " Washington Redwolves " , so I would assume that name ( and Washington Wolves ) would meet the same obstacles.

As I had said just use the old yellow "R" and when someone refers to us we tell them we are the team formerly known as the Washington Redskins.  :)

19 hours ago, mudhog said:

See, now this is exactly where I started, and even though I wish it would all end and someone would pick a name already, I would be fine with WFT.

This is just me and how I see it from beginning to end. For the last decade or so, we have self-important, smug, biscuit-heads preach to us about the evils of certain speech. These mindless, invasive, bothersome little twits are what I refer to as the 'woke'. And these woke-wankers have been referring to the Redskins as 'Washington' or 'The Washington Football Team' for well over a decade now. By omitting our proper name 'Redskins', and calling us 'The Washington Football Team', these pretentious fools have ALREADY renamed us. So, on that note, I want to keep it! I earned it! After listening for over 10 years to what ever spewed out of their pompous, conceited, vacuous maws...I earned it! LONG LIVE WFT!!!!

for mudhog and all:  if you think this mini-vent/rant (my highlights) doesn't get into the 'no politics' zone let me correct you (and it's not open for debate) it does

this would usually net a week ban and usually 'no political comments in the stadium' is a zero tolerance deal but given your otherwise exemplary record mudhog :D this is just a happy-go-lucky warning :) 

per topic, and i haven't commented for many months on it, at this point i'd be most ok with continuing as the 'wft' if the patent issues are resolved and i kinda hate the 'redwolves' but also haven't seen any suggestions yet that really do anything for me or are even as palatable as wft

added: i'm also noticing that some of these posts probably should have been put in the more-specifically titled  branding thread instead of this one---no big, no edit needed, just a heads up for future posts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

for mudhog and all:  if you think this mini-vent/rant (my highlights) doesn't get into the 'no politics' zone let me correct you (and it's not open for debate) it does

this would usually net a week ban and usually 'no political comments in the stadium' is a zero tolerance deal but given your otherwise exemplary record mudhog :D this is just a happy-go-lucky warning :) 

per topic, and i haven't commented for many months on it, at this point i'd be most ok with continuing as the 'wft' if the patent issues are resolved and i kinda hate the 'redwolves' but also haven't seen any suggestions yet that really do anything for me or are even as palatable as wft

added: i'm also noticing that some of these posts probably should have been put in the more-specifically titled  branding thread instead of this one---no big, no edit needed, just a heads up for future posts

Will do. Apologies.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple people familiar with the situation offered differing explanations for the possible motivations behind the move. One of those said it is in line with a public relations effort by the team and league to take the focus off the sexual harassment allegations, the league’s investigation, the recently resolved ownership dispute and Daniel Snyder’s 22-year ownership.

Another said it is a maneuver that could provide leadership continuity if Daniel Snyder is suspended by the NFL as a result of its investigation.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1