Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz

Posted (edited)

I separate the owner from the team. The nfl basically swept this under the rug; because they didn’t want set precedent. If this led to a forced sale or severe punishment; what could happen to other teams?  You don’t think there is scummy or shady things on other teams? The other owners can’t have scrutiny on their teams. So, they saved Danny’s ass; more to protect themselves than anything.

I will remain a fan. I will separate my fandom from Dan because I know Dan will be the owner; until he dies. I hope the changes the team has made sticks and nothing like this ever happens again. Rivera and GM are competent and we have a legit chance of being good. I am going to enjoy that while it lasts; because it will end and we go back to being crap.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

So, you are saying, cheating in actual NFL games is equal to having an office environment that sexist and at time extremely wicked toward the cheerleaders?  For me, the two can't really be compared.  The cheaters should have been punished more, like losing all draft picks for two seasons.....  The 'Skins punishment seems to be inline with issues that don't affect actual game results.

Do you wear a bib when you open wide to swallow all this ****?

no idea why you seem eager to defend and approve of this behavior and the laughable punishment 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, dyst said:

What’s also maddening is his stupid press release about him “learning” from this. It’s so pathetic. He can’t even take responsibility and offers a weak “I didn’t know, but I will take blame”. Then circumventing everything through his wife. Sad we have to deal with him.

That’s why I separate the owner from my fandom. Anything good that happens will be in spite of him and not because of him. Anything bad happens and you can ultimately trace it to him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What convenient and absolutely accidental timing. Got to love it when coincidences fall in your favor like that. Whew! What a stroke of luck!!!

31 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I feel like the only reason they're not forcing him to sell outside of the pain in the rear it would entail is they want to finally get rid of FedEx field. 

No. They don’t want scrutiny on themselves. If they forced Dan to sell over this; that would invite more scutiny on themselves. You don’t think other teams have either scummy or shady things; that wouldn’t force a sale?

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Lets just put the Tonya stuff aside because I dont want to come off a certain way.  Its not my intention.

But if Dan hasnt been at the forefront of the stadium quest, and now hes saying hes going to focus on the stadium quest...well, it just became super clear how that's going to end.  Bankrupt, just as everything else he touches ends up.

Yeah I think the stadium quest is interesting.  Dan has been an owner in town forever.  Yet according to some he's not good at making friends and forging relationships.  He seemed to rely on Bruce for years to push the stadium single handily.  I wasn't surprised Bruce failed.   I am not an expert but I did a little work for two different people who are experts on stadium issues and I talked to them about this and they explained why the odds of Bruce securing a stadium was extremely low considering how he seemed to be going about it.  I talked about it in real time years ago in some detail on different threads.  So I am not shocked they've made little to no progress thus far.

If Dan is going to be active chasing a stadium, he's going to have to break out of his shell.  Supposedly he can do that from time to time behind the scenes.   But the thing working against him is likely not building good will and forging enough relationships in all his years in the DMV.   The kicker though is Dan's reputation is so toxic that politicians would have to work around the idea of dealing with Dan versus promoting it if they need to sell this publicly.   Most owners actually do have good reputations wiith the communities they represent.  Not so with Dan.

My short version of what I think needs to happen is Dan needs to rely on Jason Wright's rock star personality and business acumen.  And also figure out how to finance the stadium on his own with I'd gather some serious business partnerships.  I'd think Dan would have little shot to get public financing.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The nfl basically swept this under the rug; because they didn’t want set precedent. If this led to a forced sale or severe punishment; what could happen to other teams?  You don’t think there is scummy or shady things on other teams? The other owners can’t have scrutiny on their teams. So, they saved Danny’s ass; more to protect themselves than anything.

Correct, once you set precedent with a "forced to sell" now you are all fair game.  Not saying that it's right...I'm saying that's the way it is.

The entire sports media and fandom worlds should be erupting at this. No written report whatsoever after a YEAR of interviews and “investigation”? No attempt to nail down specific accusations against specific members of the organization? Nothing in the end but a bull**** “oral report” that leaves no evidence to be leaked. 

The team and league should get DESTROYED for this on the world stage. Even we, the cynical, on this site couldn’t fully grasp just how much of a fake “investigation” this actually was...and most here didn’t have that much faith in the punishments that would be doled out. But to THIS degree? It should outrage everybody. 

And it’s just a cherry on top that the league releases this (as many here predicted) on the ultimate news-dump date, on the eve of people’s July 4th vacations, an expected but epic act of cowardice. And essentially on the same day that Cosby is released despite 60 (SIXTY) women testifying about his behavior. Incredibly dark look at our country and how far we still have to go (we’ve hardly made progress at all in this arena, to be clear—this is just a reminder stacked on top of a reminder, again).

Nobody here really expected the league to force Snyder to sell. But this goes beyond that. It was a sham of an investigation in the first place and left barely a trace of evidence that it even happened. 

And the importance that the league is pretending to place on the reputations of Rivera and Wright in this situation is monumentally ****ing stupid. Because the workplace culture of fear, harassment, and abuse has nothing to do with the W/L record and yet…if we go 2-15 the next three seasons you can bet that for football reasons Rivera will be out the door, as it should be and would be anywhere else around the league. Possibly Wright as well. So what kind of security is that on Snyder’s big “culture change” that is apparently so dependent on individual hires that can be fired and replaced for cause at any time, and justifiably so? The league implying that they’d have punished Snyder more if he hadn’t brought on these honorable hires to fix things is stupidity on an unbelievable scale. He either did something extremely wrong in the past or he didn’t. And he obviously did. So weighting the presence of people like Rivera/Wright/etc. so heavily makes no sense—he only MADE those hires in the first place because he had to, after all this came out, or else! And like any other employee they can be fired and replaced at any time, and there are many foreseeable and possible futures in which that would be the right move, totally separate from any effect they have on the new “culture”. That can’t be dependent on employees that answer to Snyder, who have their futures tied to on-field football team performance. 

This sentiment needs to be everywhere, and I hope it will be:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The organisation has clearly known about these 10 recommendations for some time, considering we have already worked/implemented actions against some. We also have to formally report into the league on progress against them for 2 years through to July 2023. First report due end of this month. 

Many of the ‘recent’ hires are implementing actions against the recommendations. Much is what we could have guessed already. Must have known some of what was coming 3-6 months back.

• Like 1

It's a disgrace, it really is. $10 million is nothing to this scumbag. I'm not surprised at this point. I knew without the cheerleader video thing going to court there was no way he was going to be forced to sell, but I was hoping for at least a suspension. And Goodell's statement, unless I missed something, said nothing at all about the victims of this "toxic" culture, just praised Dan and Tanya for what they've done over the last year, lol. It's so pathetic. And Snyder's continued silence on the whole thing speaks volumes. No apologies, nothing. That's your owner, ladies and gentlemen. Be proud! And remember ... "he REALLY wants to win!"

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

So, you are saying, cheating in actual NFL games is equal to having an office environment that sexist and at time extremely wicked toward the cheerleaders?  For me, the two can't really be compared.  The cheaters should have been punished more, like losing all draft picks for two seasons.....  The 'Skins punishment seems to be inline with issues that don't affect actual game results.

The punishment for fostering a culture of sexual harassment should be treated the at least the same as on the field infractions and probably higher since it’s sexual harassment of your female employees. Since it isn’t; it shows you the nfl isn’t really serious about sexual harassment.

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The organisation has clearly known about these 10 recommendations for some time, considering we have already worked/implemented actions against some. We also have to formally report into the league on progress against them for 2 years through to July 2023. First report due end of this month. 

Many of the ‘recent’ hires are implementing actions against the recommendations. Much is what we could have guessed already. Must have known some of what was coming 3-6 months back.

I mean, most of it is extremely obvious HR 101 type stuff that anyone hired to clean this up would implement even without “recommendations”, even someone without Wright’s pedigree and reputation would have gotten a huge head start on that list without seeing it. That’s how amateurish and unprofessional it was in our building. But yeah the team has probably known what the “report” entailed for a very long time. 

• Like 1

I think if the NFL hopes this is going to be the end of it they are going to be disappointed. I can see this mess and their travesty of a response to it being brought up time and time again. The press definitely isn't going to let it go.

Others have pointed out what I think their problem is: applying a fit punishment to Dan sets a precedent the other owners are uncomfortable with. They may not be the lowlife that Dan is, but they're not saints either. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Please recap!

The interview pretty much mirrored her press release that was posted earlier. Basically, she's disappointed that the league didn't do more and there was no written report released. She doesn't forsee any lawsuits happening because her clients are not after money.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The interview pretty much mirrored her press release that was posted earlier. Basically, she's disappointed that the league didn't do more and there was no written report released. She doesn't forsee any lawsuits happening because her clients are not after money.

Hopefully, Mrs Banks continues her pursuit of justice and this situation continues to escalate resulting in Danny losing ownership.  For the record, I am booing the ever-living-**** out of Daniel Snyder when we win the SuperBowl!

36 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Welp…I guess that’s that.

Don’t be so sure TTB…..

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:38 PM, FootballZombie said:

Didn't see that one coming, but it falls in line nicely with the efforts the team has been pushing forward to re-focus the organization moving forward.

This aged well.

• Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic