Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not true.  He’s been willing to spend on head coaches and big names defensive coordinators, but not the rest of the staff or scouts.

However, it seems what Ron wants he receives, so it’s definitely possible.  I just can’t let any undeserved Snyder praise go unchecked, nevermind me.

Also, its been a narrative that dudes like Haz among others lasted as long as they did because Dan hates eating coaching contracts.  The joke was Jay for example had Dan at hello when he interviewed and talked up keeping Haz and the whole coaching staff.

We lost Aubrey Pleasant who was beloved by some of the players on the team years back to the Rams years ago because the Rams were willing to pay him more. 

I recall JLC years back, the year they ended up promoting Doug, that while there were rumors they were chasing a top personnel guy for the FO but they were unlikely to pull it off because of the combination of Bruce still being in that building but even more so because the WFT doesn't pay top dollar for these guys and are known to be cheap on this front when it comes to FO hires unlike some other teams. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think that Jason Wright is the best thing to happen to this organization since Joe Gibbs.  I truly believe that.

He seems really on the ball. Unfortunately, years of ineptitude still has me waiting for the other shoe to drop. Would love to be wrong this time.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Smaller stadiums are just so much better and get LOUD. 

Agreed, the most dedicated fans.  Same for concerts for me.  I would rather see a rock/metal show in a place that holds 5000 people, than an indoor arena of 20000 where most are wine and cheesers who are just looking for a place to be.  The best shows I have ever been to aside from Guns n' Roses in 2016 at Fed Ex were at small outdoor venues like Meriweather.   

On 5/20/2021 at 2:14 PM, spjunkies said:

RFK is about to be demolished, it's pretty obvious where that thing is going :)

If they are able to pull that off it would be a coup at this point.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, London Kev said:

That is one of the most disturbing videos I've seen in a while, and I'm a big fan of horror/gore/zombie films, so I've seen some really disturbing stuff.

What has me spooked is the thought of where little Danny's hands were (and what they were doing) just before they pop up.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

First that bust Young doesn't show up, now Rivera is going full Spurrier...I tell ya...

Smart man!  Give now and get later when it counts in mandatory minicamp.  I like it!  :) 

• Like 1

For now, though, Snyder is intent on keeping the team, so that his children eventually can own and operate it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/28/is-jay-z-looking-to-buy-a-piece-of-the-washington-football-team/amp/

Another generation of Snyder ownership makes me want to vomit.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1

Entertaining.  Past to present.  The segment where First Take calls the team "blah" boring, suggesting they are a who cares about them type of team.  A couple of years ago, one of the hosts of a national football show did a segment where they joked about being hammered by some fans about talking about some teams a lot more than others.  So to mock that point he mentioned the WFT along with another team and suggested he could talk about them but who would watch? 

Then we became after thoughts as to getting prime time national games.   We are finally back on SNF.   Part of my beef with Bruce was when he was here IMO is he made this team boring but not in a good way.   The record was worse than Cerrato yet at least under Cerrato the team at times had some excitement to it.  Bruce was better with the cap and I'll give him he brought Kyle Smith which was the best thing he or Cerrato ever did but overall I give him an F.  I give Cerrato an F too for entirely different reasons.   Dan for hiring both and keeping them here for that long coupled with his own major contribution to the dysfuction also gets a big fat F IMO.

Night and day now.  Hopefully they can keep it going.  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Where's the damn report? Everyone's hyped up on the admittedly GREAT changes that seem to be happening within the organization on many levels right now, which is understandable. But this ****ing WEASEL is responsible for more than 20 years of not just on the field drek, but off the field toxicity and scumbaggery. He can't be allowed to just walk away from all these allegations that have come out over the last few years or settle his way out of everything. RELEASE THE REPORT!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-nfl-needs-to-release-the-results-of-an-investigation-into-the-washington-football-team/2021/05/28/3acca60a-b820-11eb-a5fe-bb49dc89a248_story.html

• Thanks 3