Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The NFL did not suspend team owner Daniel Snyder but said that his wife Tanya, named the team’s co-CEO earlier this week, will assume responsibilities for all day-to-day team operations and represent the team at all league meetings and other league activities for at least the next several months. There was little to no sentiment among other owners throughout the process to force Daniel Snyder to sell the franchise, people familiar with the situation have said.

The league’s investigation was led by Beth Wilkinson, a former federal prosecutor and partner in the D.C.-based firm Wilkinson Stekloff, who began her work last July, after a Washington Post report detailed allegations of pervasive sexual harassment levied by 15 former female employees and two journalists covering the team. Those allegations were ignored, and in some cases condoned, by top club executives, The Post reported.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

The league seems to be putting it all on Rivera and Wright to fix it and keep it fixed.  And incredulously, thinking the wife of the guy responsible is somehow gonna help.  

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If this isn't a huge crock of you-know-what.  What are we, stupid?  He voluntarily removes himself from day to day ops, but inserts his wife so he can still be involved in day to day ops via proxy.  

• Like 4

What a slap in the face to the victims and fans of this franchise. 

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

With Dan out of day to day operations, at least probably for the season; does this improve our chances any for 2021. No crazy moves can be made this year and we have seen plenty.

LOL you do know his wife took on that role now right?

• Like 3

We know penalties, as a the result of investigation. Dan got off light. Just a 10 million fine and a sort forced removal from day to day operations, for an unknown period of time.

So, for those who were hoping this would’ve lead to either Dan’s selling or getting significant more punishment; what will you do? End your fandom and move on? Remain a fan but not give a dime to Dan? Something else?

Dan will be the owner for the rest of our lives. Many of us are similar in age to Dan.

I knew they would never remove him as owner but their light punishment shows you how nfl views sexual harassment/ misconduct in an organization. I would’ve fine Dan 100 million dollars. With 50% going to the victims of harassment under the team and the other to woman’s organizations that deal with harassment. I would’ve completely suspend him for one year. Nothing to do with team and not allowed to be go anywhere near the Team for a year. I also would’ve taken our 22 first round draft pick.

Edited by Rdskns2000

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We know penalties, as a the result of investigation. Dan got off light. Just a 10 million fine and a sort forced removal from day to day operations, for an unknown period of time.

So, for those who were hoping this would’ve lead to either Dan’s selling or getting significant more punishment; what will you do? End your fandom and move on? Remain a fan but not give a dime to Dan? Something else?

Probably remain a fan but no more gear for me, but completely dropping the team is still in my mind. 

Based on what Sheehan said he's heard.  Tanya is a really good communicator and a really nice person and that Dan has the opposite reputation on both fronts.  So yeah if she was truly in charge I'd welcome the change.  I think we can take some random person off the street with no background in football at all and they can do better than Dan's level of incompetence and lack of class.   So any change to me is likely positive.  The bar is incredibly low. 

But, for starters this looks at best to be temporary.  And heck it would be really simple for him to manage the team via his wife who I'd gather he sees every day.  Running this team in the shadows is what he does anyway to an art form. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

LOL

The 10 workplace recommendations read like a basic list of how to operate a business.  We all knownits been bad around here but, holy ****ing ****, even I underestimated how ridiculously amateur its been. 

Reading those suggestions reminded me of Oscar explaining what a surplus was to Michael.  

We've been soooooooooooooooo dumb.

Abolute boobs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That’s the least of our concerns right now. What we should be asking is how something like this can happen given his history and the scope of it. It’s like asking people “if you don’t like this country, why not move”, vs: figuring out how to implement change so we don’t have a scummy owner.

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Remain a fan.  Probably won't get any gear unless they come out with a really kick ass name/logo that I'd be proud to support.

I'm an Orioles fan, I'm a WFT fan.  Both franchises cursed with terrible, despicable ownership.  Told myself long, long ago that I'd be able to outlast the owners.  Angelos, the Orioles owner, won't be around much longer but he'll probably end up giving it to his sons.  I can still outlast them.  

Snyder might be a bit trickier, but I can outlast him, too.

IMO, the teams I support are bigger than who the owners are, although the owners play a significant part.  It's memories of growing up, watching games with my dad and my friends.  Memories of players like Rypien, Monk, Clark, the Hogs, Charles Mann, Darrell Green, etc.  Gibbs 1.0 and 2.0.  Sean Taylor.  Seat cushion game.  The feeling this town gets when the team is winning.  

All of that **** is more important to me than who the owner is and if I buy a t-shirt or not.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Based on what Sheehan said he's heard.  Tanya is a really good communicator and a really nice person and that Dan has the opposite reputation on both fronts.  So yeah if she was truly in charge I'd welcome the change.  I think we can take some random person off the street with no background in football at all and they can beat Dan's level of incompetence and lack of class.   So any change to me is likely positive.

But, for starters this looks at best to be temporary.  And heck it would be really simple for him to manage the team via his wife who I'd gather he sees every day.  Running this team in the shadows is what he does anyway to an art form. 

Not for me, man.  Does she even have a single line on her resume?  She is in no way remotely qualified to run the day to day business of a Staples...much less an NFL franchise.

The *only* hope is that she cant possibly be worse than Dan.  Even still, its gross incompetance and asking mulitple people to hit above their pay grade.

I'm not too worried about the football side of things thanks to Ron and the FO, but IDK how anyone can have any faith in the business ops securing a new stadium, among other things.  

What a joke.