Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


JSSkinz

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You are wasting your time and energy. You will be actively rooting for the team to loose and yet you will still see how they are doing; hoping they have lost big. You will still post on a message board; the team owns.

 

I get those who just can’t root for this team because of what happened. Yet; you can’t completely divorce yourself from anything related to the team. If you really are upset about this as you claim to be; you would have nothing to do with the team anymore and move on. 
 

Snyder isn’t going anywhere. The owners just gave him a pass.

 

I’d put antifan somewhere either in your name or a tag line.

 

You can't tell me how I can react hahaha

 

I am still interested in the happenings of an organization that has been a fabric of my life for 38 of my 44 years on this planet. It's allowed to be a messy and complicated set of emotions for me. But, I am saying unequivocally that I want them to lose a lot this year. I'm still going to debate things about their organization and opine on their players or coaches if I want. I just hope they lose and Snyder continues to look like the jackass that he is. 

 

However you'd like to label that in your mind, feel free.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is about 1 thing and 1 thing only. CYA. 
If Dan was ousted as owner, the other owners would  face the same scrutiny of the skeletons in their own closets. So they hand down a total sham of a punishment. This is a certified coverup and  full sweep under the rug by the league and other 31 owners. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To those that want the team to lose a lot this season: don’t come back when the team has a winning record and chase young is destroying QBs and fitzmagic is throwing TDs to mclaurin and Curtis Samuel and Logan Thomas 🤷🏻‍♂️ Because if any of you do come back and start getting excited about the team, I’ll call all of you out :) 

 

 

i mean that with complete respect 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

To those that want the team to lose a lot this season: don’t come back when the team has a winning record and chase young is destroying QBs and fitzmagic is throwing TDs to mclaurin and Curtis Samuel and Logan Thomas 🤷🏻‍♂️ Because if any of you do come back and start getting excited about the team, I’ll call all of you out :) 

 

 

i mean that with complete respect 

 

No worries. I won't. I'm not "going" anywhere in terms of my presence, but I will not flip from rooting against the team to rooting for them. 

 

I know people are fired up for the division title last year, but I'd ask something similar to the other side of the aisle...those who are overlooking the dysfunction because they believe this might be a good year, please don't hop on the anti-Snyder bandwagon when the team name sucks or the on-field product is predictably disappointing. I can see it now, when the Skins are 4-8, struggling, or this "massive culture change" has grown stale, the homers will then want change at the top simply for football reasons. Your ship will have sailed then. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But, I am saying unequivocally that I want them to lose a lot this year. I'm still going to debate things about their organization and opine on their players or coaches if I want. I just hope they lose and Snyder continues to look like the jackass that he is. 


the team losing games will have no bearing on Snyder’s future within the organisation. seems a pointless desire to want us to lose a lot, IMO

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


the team losing games will have no bearing on Snyder’s future within the organisation. seems a pointless desire to want us to lose a lot, IMO

In the past, I wanted things to go poorly for the reason you mention above. I was hoping it would force him out. But now, I just can't root for anything good to happen to Snyder. Believe me, it pisses me off that I have to abandon rooting for a team that I loved before Snyder got here. But I just can't reconcile it in my mind to hope that good things happen for that man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

In the past, I wanted things to go poorly for the reason you mention above. I was hoping it would force him out. But now, I just can't root for anything good to happen to Snyder. Believe me, it pisses me off that I have to abandon rooting for a team that I loved before Snyder got here. But I just can't reconcile it in my mind to hope that good things happen for that man. 


I get the notion of not being able to root for the team to do well now. Personal choice. 
 

Actively wanting them to lose a lot is a completely different thing. That demonstrates you still care, as opposed to being able to simply disconnect and walk away. Not a great emotion. You’ll do yourself more harm than good with that one, with all due respect.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

No worries. I won't. I'm not "going" anywhere in terms of my presence, but I will not flip from rooting against the team to rooting for them. 

 

I know people are fired up for the division title last year, but I'd ask something similar to the other side of the aisle...those who are overlooking the dysfunction because they believe this might be a good year, please don't hop on the anti-Snyder bandwagon when the team name sucks or the on-field product is predictably disappointing. I can see it now, when the Skins are 4-8, struggling, or this "massive culture change" has grown stale, the homers will then want change at the top simply for football reasons. Your ship will have sailed then. 

You do realize that just because people believe it might be a good season, doesn’t mean they’re not ALSO anti-Snyder, right? It IS possible to believe it’ll be a good season, while being anti-Snyder, and STILL being anti-Snyder when the season goes bad, instead of having to become Anti-Snyder. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


I get the notion of not being able to root for the team to do well now. Personal choice. 
 

Actively wanting them to lose a lot is a completely different thing. That demonstrates you still care, as opposed to being able to simply disconnect and walk away. Not a great emotion. You’ll do yourself more harm than good with that one, with all due respect.

 

 

 

 

I hear you...makes sense. 

 

I feel how I feel. I'm not trying to act cool or aloof like I don't care. I do! I'm irate that this petty, sniveling little man has ruined one of the staples of my entertainment and something that reaches all the way back to early childhood. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You do realize that just because people believe it might be a good season, doesn’t mean they’re not ALSO anti-Snyder, right? It IS possible to believe it’ll be a good season, while being anti-Snyder, and STILL being anti-Snyder when the season goes bad, instead of having to become Anti-Snyder. 

Sure. I was that way for years. I get it. 

 

You also realize that it's possible to stay anti-Snyder even if the team succeeds, right? The implication that I would just jump back over to rooting on the team because they go 10-7 or something this year is a little insulting. This evolution of my fandom didn't happen lightly. Even a Super Bowl or dynastic run won't get me to feel about this team the way I used to. Certainly not back during the classy years and not even back when I thought Snyder was just a goofy bad owner but not a predator. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Great article on all this that sums it all up beautifully:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/07/01/dan-snyder-punishment-nfl-power-structure-invincible-perch

 

 

 

Yeah, they are pretty much untouchable and that is certainly a system that breeds corruption when there is next to no accountability...

 

But its not like they are going to go out and change the system that they have complete control over to enable themselves to be gut-checked, or worse. How does that get fixed?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, moondog said:

Completely separate from the morale side of things: this $10M doesn’t come out of our cap right? Just out of Dan’s pocket?

Its not a cap penalty. Mara isn't involved.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

No worries. I won't. I'm not "going" anywhere in terms of my presence, but I will not flip from rooting against the team to rooting for them. 

 

I know people are fired up for the division title last year, but I'd ask something similar to the other side of the aisle...those who are overlooking the dysfunction because they believe this might be a good year, please don't hop on the anti-Snyder bandwagon when the team name sucks or the on-field product is predictably disappointing. I can see it now, when the Skins are 4-8, struggling, or this "massive culture change" has grown stale, the homers will then want change at the top simply for football reasons. Your ship will have sailed then. 

Apparently losing only further endears Snyder to the rest of the league lol. Lord knows they've kept him around for this long.

 

So I suggest an alternative strategy... Why not hope that Snyder wins so many championships that the league votes him out??

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Nah, I'm good hoping for him to continue looking like an idiot. That's his karma since no one else is punishing him. 

 

I know he should suffer but why me? Why the rest of us? To me the biggest FU to him would be if we hoisted the Lombardi Trophy this year and he had to stay in suite while Tanya held it up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


someone genuinely offended by your approval of this and your general acceptance of harassment which certainly comes across as victim blaming and the feeling that men are just having it too rough, I mean can’t even tell female coworkers they’re hot, right.  Someone appalled at the notion of happily and quickly putting this horrific **** behind us so we can proceed with the sole focus on a dumb football game rather than holding an organization you support and pump money and time into to meet the very low bar of having basic human decency. 

Your reading compression is below second grade level if you see approval of the behavior in anything I wrote.  That makes it difficult to even reply to you.  Also, none of this happened happily or quickly.  As for horrific, I am not sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

 

I know he should suffer but why me? Why the rest of us? To me the biggest FU to him would be if we hoisted the Lombardi Trophy this year and he had to stay in suite while Tanya held it up. 

 

Voluntary step aside aint stopping squat. If we win something, he will be the first guy there. Dude will be out of his box and clearing obstacles in his path with the quickness. He won't be denied.

 

Hurdles GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY508 × 316

 

If he was actually suspended, sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

No worries. I won't. I'm not "going" anywhere in terms of my presence, but I will not flip from rooting against the team to rooting for them. 

 

I know people are fired up for the division title last year, but I'd ask something similar to the other side of the aisle...those who are overlooking the dysfunction because they believe this might be a good year, please don't hop on the anti-Snyder bandwagon when the team name sucks or the on-field product is predictably disappointing. I can see it now, when the Skins are 4-8, struggling, or this "massive culture change" has grown stale, the homers will then want change at the top simply for football reasons. Your ship will have sailed then. 

 Well, if Dan's vaca is going into the offseason; Tanya would be the one deciding that,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FootballZombie said:

 

Voluntary step aside aint stopping squat. If we win something, he will be the first guy there. Dude will be out of his box and clearing obstacles in his path with the quickness. He won't be denied.

 

Hurdles GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY508 × 316

 

If he was actually suspended, sure.

I really don't think this is voluntary. I think it's "step aside or else". It's bull**** for sure but it kinda sounds like Goodell has to ok him being back at owners meetings. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...