Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You do realize that just because people believe it might be a good season, doesn’t mean they’re not ALSO anti-Snyder, right? It IS possible to believe it’ll be a good season, while being anti-Snyder, and STILL being anti-Snyder when the season goes bad, instead of having to become Anti-Snyder. 

Even if we win a Superbowl; you can still be anti-Snyder.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I hear you...makes sense. 

I feel how I feel. I'm not trying to act cool or aloof like I don't care. I do! I'm irate that this petty, sniveling little man has ruined one of the staples of my entertainment and something that reaches all the way back to early childhood. 

Sure. I was that way for years. I get it. 

You also realize that it's possible to stay anti-Snyder even if the team succeeds, right? The implication that I would just jump back over to rooting on the team because they go 10-7 or something this year is a little insulting. This evolution of my fandom didn't happen lightly. Even a Super Bowl or dynastic run won't get me to feel about this team the way I used to. Certainly not back during the classy years and not even back when I thought Snyder was just a goofy bad owner but not a predator. 

I hate Snyder as much as anyone here.  My username is an omage to that fact.  It would have been Assasinate Snyder, but I was afraid it was too far for a team owned board so I made it 86 instead.  Same meaning.  I wish he was dead.

Anyway, my love for the Redskins predates him, as Im guessing yours does too.  So I will not let him overshadow my interest in the team.

The above has manifest itself over the past 20 years with my level of interest correlating with my expectations for the team/organization vs their performance.  In short, If I believe or they do something on the field to make me believe, Im engaged.  If they embarrass themselves, off the field or on the field, Im disengaged.  

That has left me very disconnected of late, but the Rivera era has brought me back.  Snyder aside, we have class individuals in the building now and this is the best roster top to bottom IMO since Gibbs 1.  So Ill be on my couch this year at the start of every game, probably wearing my helmet and yelling at the TV.

Thats how I separate the two.  You do you.  But I'd encourage you to try to find some way to divorce the two in your mind.  Otherwise, you're letting that grubby little piece of **** win.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

Your reading compression is below second grade level if you see approval of the behavior in anything I wrote.  That makes it difficult to even reply to you.  Also, none of this happened happily or quickly.  As for horrific, I am not sure.

You’re the one with the poor reading comprehension. I didn’t state you approved of the behavior, though, subsequent posts of yours make it clear it’s not a huge issue to you since bad things probably happen all over the place. Boys will be boys, am I right? Damn, alpha males walking around without the ability to repeatedly ask female coworkers on dates or tell

them how hot they are. Where does the madness end

I was referring to your approval of the punishment and willingness to swallow it down easy in order quickly and happily move on to football matters. 

Also, if you don’t think decades of sexual harassment and abuse are horrific, well… I think that says enough about where your perspective and beliefs are on this and it’s pretty damn disgraceful 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

I hate Snyder as much as anyone here.  My username is an omage to that fact.  It would have been Assasinate Snyder, but I was afraid it was too far for a team owned board so I made it 86 instead.  

My original ES screen name was Impeach Snyder, but I sent a message years ago to MTH and TK to change it to LetThePointsSoar. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dyst said:

Really sucks when the new location and stadium comes around that it will be he who has his imprint over it 🤮 

There won't be one for years.  Dan can't afford to build one and I don't see anyone in DMV paying for it.

#1 reason owner let Dan off.

PFT: By protecting Dan Snyder, the NFL potentially protected other owners

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I know he should suffer but why me? Why the rest of us? To me the biggest FU to him would be if we hoisted the Lombardi Trophy this year and he had to stay in suite while Tanya held it up. 

Because he's ruined it for me and now I want him to suck for the rest of his life. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, if Dan's vaca is going into the offseason; Tanya would be the one deciding that,

I bet you're right. I'm sure he will honor the arrangement and leave his newly-appointed CEO to run this autonomously 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Obviously 😂 i dont think i suggested otherwise, though, did i? And I’m sure many here will be, and rightfully so. 

I think they were adding to your comment not disagreeing with it. At least that's how I read it. 

Edited by goskins10

Interesting that Ryan Leaf, hosting the Rich Eisen show, and his interview with Keim (about this) was his lead story.

The lack of transparency with release of a report were big sticking items to both of them (and some of Keim's sources).

:229:The Rook

Its been long apparent how much of a prick Snyder is, so I've also long held the stance that if the team ever won the Super Bowl, I would click the TV off when the clock hit 0:00 so as not to have to see him handed the Lombardi. Yes, I even felt this way during Gibbs 2.

I still carve out three hours on Sunday to watch the team play because of a close-to-50 year habit. However, I'm just not nearly as intense about it anymore, and its in large part to the deterioration of the quality of play and the rules governing the game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

So typical that his fragile ego can't even stand the thought that people are construing this as a pseudo suspension. The man is so little.

The ultimate irony being that allowing this to be painted as a more harsh, unwanted penalty would make it “go away” faster for him. He just cannot allow it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The ultimate irony being that allowing this to be painted as a more harsh, unwanted penalty would make it “go away” faster for him. He just cannot allow it. 

Add to that the fact that he is rarely the one to say these things. It's always some PR lackey or lawyer coming to his defense. He's the Kevin Durant of NFL Owners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You’re the one with the poor reading comprehension. I didn’t state you approved of the behavior,.....

I said "who the F are you?". 

You answered "someone genuinely offended by your approval of this and your general acceptance of harassment"

So, you seem to not even comprehend what you write.  Your statement says that I approve and accept.  I don't.  Understand?

I think he wants to be able to look back in 3 years and point out the personal changes he made to improve the culture, vs what the NFL secretly mandated to improve the culture.

"He was not forced into changes, he just made changes"

It fails however to show he understands that he got himself to this point and accentuates that the actual side-lining of himself is positive for the culture of the team.

Dude is going for total narrative control, like the NFL played no part in turning this ship around, or rather rightside-up.