Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Not for me, man.  Does she even have a single line on her resume?  She is in no way remotely qualified to run the day to day business of a Staples...much less an NFL franchise.

The *only* hope is that she cant possibly be worse than Dan.  Even still, its gross incompetance and asking mulitple people to hit above their pay grade.

I'm not too worried about the football side of things thanks to Ron and the FO, but IDK how anyone can have any faith in the business ops securing a new stadium, among other things.  

What a joke.

OK my point was I don't trust the arrangement at all because the obvious closeness between Dan and Tanya.  But if they weren't close (not married, etc) I would trust Tanya's competence and ability to build a culture over Dan.  Your point here seems to be nope, you wouldn't.   Ok if so lets agree to disagree.   I got no faith in Dan. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What a joke. Looks like I can't come back to root for the team. I'll be actively hoping that they crash and burn. Maybe something else will come out to force him out. 

Dan is 56. He will be the owner until he dies. So that’s probably anywhere from 20-30 more years.

You can now continue to hate the team and wish for their failure but for your stress; I would just completely divorce myself from anything about the team. Maybe stop being a fan of nfl football? Maybe become a general fan of Nfl football, except Washington? Or maybe choose a new team; like some did after the name change. If you’re going to spend 20-30 years on just hating the dc nfl football team; you’re just going to stress yourself out over something you now despise.

• Thanks 2

Remember that kid that was supposed to turn an essay for school and kept putting it off because they were lazy and dumb and then finally one day the teacher just decides to make them get up in front of the class and present? Then the kid gets up and makes up a bunch of dumb **** to get a passing grade. Snyder is that kid.

• Haha 1

What is the average shelf life for a head coach in the league? So glad the NFL punted on making a decision on Snyder and the long term health of the organization because a coach might be here for what, 3 more years? 

what a total copout and a joke. Man steps away conveniently after his wife is handed the reigns. How stupid do they think we are? 

well, I held out hope that maybe change was coming but Danny boy will be around for decades which means I won’t be 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Dannyboy getting a new role is priceless 😂😂😂 the league be like “dan, run along now son, let the adults handle things for a while” 

I feel like the only reason they're not forcing him to sell outside of the pain in the rear it would entail is they want to finally get rid of FedEx field. 

Edited by Berggy9598

15 minutes ago, dyst said:

That’s the least of our concerns right now. What we should be asking is how something like this can happen given his history and the scope of it. It’s like asking people “if you don’t like this country, why not move”, vs: figuring out how to implement change so we don’t have a scummy owner.

Dan is a scum and nothing is going change about him being scum.

Let’s hope all the changes made; prevents any more scummy things from happening. The nfl will be watching. When Dan returns from his forced vaca; let’s hope he acts better and makes sure nothing like this happens again. That’s all you can realistically hope for.  If it does happen again or something else scummy; the nfl probably hits the franchise hard and maybe force a sale.

If your pinning your hopes on finding something that the nfl forces Dan out; good luck with that.

• Like 1

The NFL should have just done nothing. This is worse. It’s a slap on the wrist from what was abhorrent behavior.  No one is getting paid 1.6 million because their boss told them they were cute. Something much worse happened. And it was the Washington way. No report from the NFL, a minuscule fine? 

Snyder should have at least been suspended for a year (if they were going to bother fining him, money isn’t an object to him) and their should have been an honest accounting of what happened.

Disappointed not surprised!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see how this should change anyone’s opinion of the team compared to yesterday. If anything, people should be dropping the NFL.  They swept this under the rug and chose to not give out a real punishment.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

What a joke. Looks like I can't come back to root for the team. I'll be actively hoping that they crash and burn. Maybe something else will come out to force him out. 

See ya.  Wouldn't want to be ya.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan is a scum and nothing is going change about him being scum.

Let’s hope all the changes made; prevents any more scummy things from happening. The nfl will be watching. When Dan returns from his forced vaca; let’s hope he acts better and makes sure nothing like this happens again. That’s all you can realistically hope for.  If it does happen again or something else scummy; the nfl probably hits the franchise hard and maybe force a sale.

If your pinning your hopes on finding something that the nfl forces Dan out; good luck with that.

What’s also maddening is his stupid press release about him “learning” from this. It’s so pathetic. He can’t even take responsibility and offers a weak “I didn’t know, but I will take blame”. Then circumventing everything through his wife. Sad we have to deal with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK my point was I don't trust the arrangement at all because the obvious closeness between Dan and Tanya.  But if they weren't close (not married, etc) I would trust Tanya's competence and ability to build a culture over Dan.  Your point here seems to be nope, you wouldn't.   Ok if so lets agree to disagree.   I got no faith in Dan. 

I mean sure, if you frame it that way...I'd trust an upturned broom with a bucket for a head to build a culture better than Dan.  We agree.

Doesnt mean I have even the slightest bit of faith in Tonya and more importantly, this whole thing is an absolute farce. 

Its the equivalent of replacing Cerrato with Bruce.

28 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm not too worried about the football side of things thanks to Ron and the FO, but IDK how anyone can have any faith in the business ops securing a new stadium, among other things.  

Digesting the people who seem to be covering the stadium quest, Dan isn't hot on this trail.    For among other reasons, Dan supposedly doesn't really have relationships with power brokers in the DMV who are relevant to this quest.  Jerry Jones for example had the people skills and relationships to make things happen.  Dan's sort of hermit existannce supposedly hasn't helped.  

I get your point about Tanya but like I said the bar is low.  She has helped run the Washington Charitable Organization which ironically Bruce Allen was referring to when he used the line "winning off the field".  The Breast Cancer/pink ribbon drill which is a league wide thing was organized by her.  I am not she's anything special as to management but she isn't a complete cipher either.    

The culture of fear that this organization is known for is a ripple effect (according to some have worked there) from Dan's petulant personality.  In short, Dan being a jerk and focused on scapegoating has had an impact on the rotten culture.   I think Tonya being considered a nice person -- that alone gives her a major edge over Dan.

But again, it means nothing to me because Tonya is Dan's wife.  So Dan is just running the team by proxy.  But yeah if Tonya was some random person who ran a successful national charity and is considered a good communicator and a nice person -- I'd indeed trust her to run this team over Dan.  What is the last thing Dan run well?  Johnny Rockets?  Six Flags?  The radio stations?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Digesting the people who seem to be covering the stadium quest, Dan isn't hot on this trail.    For among other reasons, Dan supposedly doesn't really have relationships with power brokers in the DMV who are relevant to this quest.  Jerry Jones for example had the people skills and relationships to make things happen.  Dan's sort of hermit existannce supposedly hasn't helped.  

I get your point about Tanya but like I said the bar is low.  She has helpoed run the Washington Charitable organizartion which ironically Bruce Allen was referring to when he used the line "winning off the field".  The Breast Cancer/pink ribbon drill which is a league wide thing was organizaed by her.  I am not she's anything special as to management but she isn't a complete nothing either.    

The culture of fear that this organization is known for is a ripple effect (according to some have worked there) from Dan's petulant personality.  In short, Dan being a jerk and focused on scapegoating has had an impact on the rotten culture.   I think Tonya being considered a nice person -- that alone gives her a major edge over Dan.

But again, it means nothing to me because Tonya is Dan's wife.  So Dan is just running the team by proxy.  But yeah if Tonya was some random person who ran a successful national charity and is considered a good communicator and a nice person -- I'd indeed trust her to run this team over Dan.  What has the last thing Dan run well?  Johnny Rockets?  Six Flags?  The radio stations?

Lets just put the Tonya stuff aside because I dont want to come off a certain way.  Its not my intention.

But if Dan hasnt been at the forefront of the stadium quest, and now hes saying hes going to focus on the stadium quest...well, it just became super clear how that's going to end.  Bankrupt, just as everything else he touches ends up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

What a ****ing joke.

So, you are saying, cheating in actual NFL games is equal to having an office environment that sexist and at time extremely wicked toward the cheerleaders?  For me, the two can't really be compared.  The cheaters should have been punished more, like losing all draft picks for two seasons.....  The 'Skins punishment seems to be inline with issues that don't affect actual game results.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I mean sure, if you frame it that way...I'd trust an upturned broom with a bucket for a head to build a culture better than Dan.  We agree.

lol, yeah this is somewhat my point

this whole thing is an absolute farce. 

Definitely

Its the equivalent of replacing Cerrato with Bruce.

This is our disagreement.  I think Dan as an owner is so atrocious.  That no i don't think that Tonya would be just a hair better.    However, I don't believe that Tonya is really running the team so like you said its a farce.

I do think there are five things very unique to Dan that Tonya and for that matter most people wouldn't be apples to apples to or even close to being apples to apples to Dan .

A.  I think Dan being a mega jerk is very relevant to the bad culture here.  

B.  I don't think the average owner is overruling their scouting staff to pick their own players in the draft let alone continue to do it after an abysmal record of getting this wrong again and again

C.  Being a terrible communicator without the guts to face the music and talk to the media and by extension fans.  Jerry Jones has his issues but at least he's willing to face the music

D.  Blame everyone else for what goes wrong

E.  Uses his team to make his social life -- wants to be friends and hang out with players