Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Someone needs to tell Danny Boy that nepotism is NOT the same as diversity.

Did he mention something about her being CEO had something to do with wanting diversity?...I've only read the tweets and didn't remember seeing it.

EDIT: Were you referring to this?

"Her voice and her vision are reflected in the incredible, diverse leadership team..."

Edited by Califan007
  • Thanks 1

Football teams stay in families, period. It's a giant nest egg that grows exponentially, some people call it nepotism but it's more of an IRA than a job. Owners would be crazy not to leave their children a sports franchise and sell it outside of their family. I assume that most, if not all children of owners are asked if they wish the team to be passed down to them, once they get to a respectable age and are mature enough to handle the role. I would bet that most sales outside of the family happen because their son or daughter didn't want the responsibility that comes with being an owner.

Tanya Snyder is not Dan, she is her own person. Hopefully, she actually wants this role and she isn't a shield for Dan because that would be utter bull****. Dan being at the office more is probably a good thing and I know you all are going to think I'm crazy but hear me out. When something is working and you see it first hand on a frequent basis, you're being exposed to it, the chances of making bad decision are decreased. It's much easier to make an uneducated decision and fire someone from a yacht than it is when you see them frequently and see the work they're doing. 

I think we can all admit that the football side of the team is relatively bright compared to recent years. Things seem to be running more smoothly on the non-football side of things as well with Jason Wright representing the team very well as Team President. This current path feels different, this feels like a "good path", it might not be the perfect path, but we are on a good one at least with the structure of the org, roster, and coaching. This doesn't mean it can't be messed up, because it easily can be if the people hired are not trusted to do their jobs and then Dan feels the need to step in, which has not worked out well obviously. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Everything you ever thought you knew was wrong. Everything wrong you knew you never thought.

Warning: Couldn't resist. Spoiler contains politics. Don't look.

Spoiler

In fairness, Snyder's 227 days in the WFT offices was way more than the former President spent in the White House. Okay, that's an exaggeration. In four years, he only spent 307 days, almost a full year, golfing during his presidency. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:10 AM, Jumbo said:

while other rules were broken in this thread by httr1979, the political comments/pot stirring was what made the ban permanent

for that, tolerance is virtually non-existent :) 

in mind of that, i'd like to see you level-headed regs not engage in adding to that, even innocently and relevantly, when rebuffing others who are instigating it----just tell them what's up or report the post or both, please

no political or religious discussion in the stadium----it's exclusively for the glories of wft football stuffs and must be kept as pure and unsullied from pollution as possible

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Warning: Couldn't resist. Spoiler contains politics. Don't look.

Reveal hidden contents

In fairness, Snyder's 227 days in the WFT offices was way more than the former President spent in the White House. Okay, that's an exaggeration. In four years, he only spent 307 days, almost a full year, golfing during his presidency. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11598547

Instead of a ban under Rule 18, I'm tempted to just change your name to Borgold :) 

• Haha 10

Well dangit. I have CEO saved as one of my job searches on Linkedin because how hard can that job really be? I didn't see this one posted or I definitely would've applied. 

16 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Someone needs to tell Danny Boy that nepotism is NOT the same as diversity.

I'll get to that but it's pretty far down the list when I air my grievances'. 

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

So, ummm when is that report supposed to be submitted to the league? We're approaching a year now, you would think something would've been released by now if nothing major was found. 

And goodell said in February that it would be out soon. It’s July tomorrow....what does “soon” mean to him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Away team has an increasingly hard time changing directions. As if the WFT had mastered that old nasty field and were using it to their advantage. If anything, having to play on it for HALF our games caused us way more harm than any visiting team. I will be present the day they set the charges to demolish FedEx. I pray to the powers that be, that we end up with a beautiful modern stadium that feels like RFK. Until then, I will be happy with the new field and watching the 2021 season exceed my wildest expectations! Hail

at least “the next few months” is such a slap in the face. What a joke.

Has anyone seen the full list of ten recommendations that Wilkinson gave the league? The excerpts in Schefter’s tweets skipped over them.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Sad 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/sports/football/nfl-washington-fine-snyder.html

N.F.L. Penalizes Washington Football Team Amid Harassment Allegations

The penalty of a $10 million fine follows an investigation into sexual harassment and abuse in the team’s front office.

• July 1, 2021, 3:22 p.m. ET

The N.F.L. on Thursday announced that the Washington Football Team would pay a $10 million fine to the league after a yearlong investigation into reports of the club’s rampant culture of sexual harassment perpetuated by managers and executives under the ownership of Daniel Snyder. The team also must reimburse the league for the cost of the investigation.

Snyder also will temporarily remove himself from day-to-day business operations of the club, ceding that control to his wife and new co-chief executive, Tanya Snyder. Daniel Snyder, though, will attend games, and continue to work on long-term projects, including searching for a new team name and new stadium. Vestry Laight, a firm that works with companies to address misconduct that was already retained by the team, will also provide the league with periodic updates on the team’s human resources practices for the next two years.

Roger Goodell, the league’s commissioner, “concluded that for many years the workplace environment at the Washington Football Team, both generally and particularly for women, was highly unprofessional,” the league said in a statement. “Bullying and intimidation frequently took place and many described the culture as one of fear, and numerous female employees reported having experienced sexual harassment and a general lack of respect in the workplace.”

Edited by mbws