Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Shrewd moves by the Front Office constructed by Ron Rivera, Martin Mayhew and co.

I'm gaining confidence we can retain most of our own. On Keim's most recent podcast he mentioned the benefit of not having a high priced qb on the current roster. We could draft a qb next year or the year after to provide cap flexibility for our next batch of free agents with Ionnadis, Payne, Sweat, and McLaurin on expiring deals.

Edited by SkinsFootball

20 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Man, watching this presser about Cuomo’s sexual harassment culture and how all details of report are being made public. Sickening that the report on Dan wasn’t handled the same way. He’d be gone now if it had. 

Is there proof he was involved with sexually harassing anyone??if not then why would he be gone? Yes things happened under the organizations watch but all the blame cant fall on Dan as much as we dislike him.

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Man, watching this presser about Cuomo’s sexual harassment culture and how all details of report are being made public. Sickening that the report on Dan wasn’t handled the same way. He’d be gone now if it had. 

If it had been racially motivated--with all the branding and effort to show the NFL gives a rat's ass--he'd be dumped. But since it's women and there's really no money involved in that, it was swept under the rug. I guarantee every NFL team is full of Pervy McGrabasses, maybe not to the level the WFT were, but enough to cause issues.

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Is there proof he was involved with sexually harassing anyone??if not then why would he be gone? Yes things happened under the organizations watch but all the blame cant fall on Dan as much as we dislike him.

We'll never know without the report being released and made public. All I know is, to me, the silence and rug-sweeping speaks volumes. That plus the leaked report to the Junkies where Wilkinson supposedly recommended, based on her findings, that Snyder be removed as owner, a leak I believe was totally legit. Nothing we can do now, though, other than hope the 'Dan and Tanya" show works out better than the last two decades. 

42 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

We'll never know without the report being released and made public. All I know is, to me, the silence and rug-sweeping speaks volumes. That plus the leaked report to the Junkies where Wilkinson supposedly recommended, based on her findings, that Snyder be removed as owner, a leak I believe was totally legit. Nothing we can do now, though, other than hope the 'Dan and Tanya" show works out better than the last two decades. 

Lets see what happens Dan is now 20 years older than he was with age comes wisdom right? Im hoping the direction we go in leads us to become a competitive football program but old habits die hard if this rivera thing falls through then im afraid the next bruce vine Cerrito show may be back in play

6 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I think the junkies might have been played.

I think that's incredibly unlikely. If it had been a blatant lie or they had been given a fake document, the NFL (and Snyder) would've been all over that and the Junkies' careers could've been on the line. To my knowledge, the only "correction" the radio station issued was regarding their claim that the report they received had been sent to the NFL. Apparently it hadn't. We later learned that Goodell didn't even want a written report; he wanted Wilkinson to tell him by phone what it contained. The station released this statement, and they sure seemed pretty confident in it that their info was sound. 

“On Friday morning, we reported on excerpts of a report prepared by the NFL’s independent investigator into the Washington Football Team, Beth Wilkinson. We believed, based on information provided to us by our source, that the report was final and had been delivered to the NFL League Office. The League has denied receiving a final report, however, both in a general statement and in response to specific questions from us. Based on those unequivocal denials, we now believe that our source was mistaken and that the excerpts of the report that were shared with us have not yet been sent to the NFL. We do believe in the authenticity of the documents we reviewed, and that they are from the Wilkinson investigation, but we are unable to confirm that the report was a final draft or that it had been delivered to the League Office. As soon as we are able to report anything further on this, we will let you know — both as to what occurred in our Friday report and regarding the Wilkinson investigation generally.”

I don't think there's any way they give that report on the air without being one hundred percent sure it was legit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is simple. The nfl covered this up because they don't want set precedent of removing an owner. Remember Richardson sold the Panthers; when his dirt came out. If you invite scrutiny on other teams; you don't think there's dirt on other teams? Whether it's something similar to the Skin/Panthers or something else; the NFL doesn't want that. So, the NFL covered it up and let Dan off the hook. 

As for Dan reverting to form; of course he will. Either Rivera ultimately will fail or Dan will will regret giving Ron all that power and remove him. I peg that after 22 or 23.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lets see what happens Dan is now 20 years older than he was with age comes wisdom right?

If you learn from your mistakes and are humbled by your experiences then you can gain wisdom. There are plenty of old idiots out there that have never learned a lesson in their life. Snyder strikes me as a man with far too much pride and not enough brains to ever become wise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I think the junkies might have been played.

There is literally nothing to suggest that is the case.  The 'retraction' was carefully worded.  What's much more likely is the report was leaked to them in an effort to get some publicity on what was swept under the rug in hopes that would apply some pressure.  However, the shield would have no parts of the bad publicity nor setting a precedent for removing an owner.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have many, many, many examples where that's absolutely not true.  In fact, it's possible with age comes arrogance.  

Agreed. In fact, if you believe that Snyder is a narcissist (like I do), then the future doesn't look bright. (From https://narcissistfamilyfiles.com/2017/09/26/big-sissies-how-and-why-narcissists-get-worse-with-age/)

Narcissists tend to age into extreme versions of their worst selves. And when dementia comes into the picture, it often exacerbates matters. As narcissists get worse with age, they become more

1. desperate,
  2. deluded,
  3. isolated,
  4. paranoid,
  5. defensive,
  6. bitter,
  7. angry,
  8. rigid,
  9. mean, and
  10. abusive.

And from https://thenarcissisticlife.com/do-narcissists-get-worse-with-age/:

In order to “get better” the narcissist would have to confess that his behavior and treatment of others was wrong or inappropriate. The narcissist would also need to admit that they need to change into a more compassionate human being. This will not happen for several reasons:

1) The narcissist is never wrong. “Wrong” or “inappropriate” are words that don’t exist in the narcissist’s vocabulary of self-perception. The narcissist firmly holds the belief that they are right, even if others disagree with them.

2) Compassion and empathy are considered weaknesses. Narcissists regard compassion and empathy as weaknesses because they allow people to be exploited (especially by narcissists). They know intuitively that they can manipulate and control compassionate people.

3) There is no value to the narcissist in being a better person. The narcissist may mimic compassion or empathy if there is something in it for him- something that will lead to obtaining Narcissistic Supply such as attention or others’ esteem. Like the other theatrical acts in his life, this will simply be an actor strutting on the stage for his audience. As the attention fades away, so goes the feigned compassion and empathy.

Keep in mind Snyder may have seemed to show remorse...but that was obviously a condition the NFL placed on him in order to avoid a suspension or losing the team. I honestly don't think Dan will be banned for more than a year, and when he comes back I expect him to bad-mouth or fire just about everyone he feels was against him.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

3) There is no value to the narcissist in being a better person. The narcissist may mimic compassion or empathy if there is something in it for him- something that will lead to obtaining Narcissistic Supply such as attention or others’ esteem. Like the other theatrical acts in his life, this will simply be an actor strutting on the stage for his audience. As the attention fades away, so goes the feigned compassion and empathy.

This puts into words more eloquently than I can, but it's what I've been saying about all of the actions over the past year or so.  The actions ring hollow, because he was forced into them.

For as positive as I am about Rivera, Wright and the positive things they've brought to the organization, by no means do I believe that Dan is a changed man, or that he was in the dark about the ills of the organization over the past few decades.  

• Like 2

As recently as 2010, the WFT was the 2nd most valuable NFL franchise. They slipped to 4th in 2018...now they're 5th:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009725-cowboys-patriots-top-forbes-most-valuable-nfl-teams-list-average-value-of-35b

They've also dropped from 14th to 19th in overall sports franchise value. Snyder sure knows how to win off the field!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

As recently as 2010, the WFT was the 2nd most valuable NFL franchise. They slipped to 4th in 2018...now they're 5th:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10009725-cowboys-patriots-top-forbes-most-valuable-nfl-teams-list-average-value-of-35b

They've also dropped from 14th to 19th in overall sports franchise value. Snyder sure knows how to win off the field!

Well I'm sure the forced name change had a lot to do with that. Redskins is/was a global brand name.

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Our value rose 20 percent over the last year. As much or more than any of the four teams above us.

The Jets are ranked eighth. All that winning on the field.

I think we have the oldest stadium of the top five teams.

I think we were ninth last year.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

So the Danny was at the game last night.  So much for him keeping a low profile.  I guess he did not get the NFL memo?

He stepped away from day to day operations, doesn’t mean he can’t attend games for the team he owns 😂 

also did they pick him up from a deserted island before last nights game? 

940B771B-E075-4B9D-BF2C-FBDF3988BD1A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2