Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait...but nothing Snyder said yesterday made it sound like he was being suspended....what’s the issue? 

Many assumed this was a behind the scenes "ghost suspension" of sorts. Like he had to agree to do a lot of these things, but would not be formally suspended.

It very well still could be, but now Snyder's PR team is putting out the narrative that Dan is still in complete control and can return to his regularly scheduled duties whenever he wants, he is just choosing of his own accord to step back a bit, giving the impression that this is 100% his own doing.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There won't be one for years.  Dan can't afford to build one and I don't see anyone in DMV paying for it.

#1 reason owner let Dan off.

PFT: By protecting Dan Snyder, the NFL potentially protected other owners

Which is why he should hard and offer to finance it himself on the rfk site.  That might win back some folks.

Its really hard to say what specificly he did to warrant getting rid of that could be substantiated.   It blows, but thats gotta be the biggest reason he's not gone.

Teflon Dan, its always someone else's fault and "questionable" he even knew it was going on. 😒

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Which is why he should hard and offer to finance it himself on the rfk site.  That might win back some folks.

Its really hard to say what specificly he did to warrant getting rid of that could be substantiated.   It blows, but thats gotta be the biggest reason he's not gone.

Teflon Dan, its always someone else's fault and "questionable" he even knew it was going on. 😒

Dan will never finance a stadium on his own. I can’t imagine any owner would knowing full well some municipality will foot the bill. 

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Many assumed this was a behind the scenes "ghost suspension" of sorts. Like he had to agree to do a lot of these things, but would not be formally suspended.

It very well still could be, but now Snyder's PR team is putting out the narrative that Dan is still in complete control and can return to his regularly scheduled duties whenever he wants, he is just choosing of his own accord to step back a bit, giving the impression that this is 100% his own doing.

Yeah, that narrative lasted a grand total of 24 seconds lol...would have been better PR if they said he was suspended, Tanya is running things in his absence, and Goodell will determine when he's allowed to return to normal. Saying otherwise is actually making things worse, not better.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

Dan will never finance a stadium on his own. I can’t imagine any owner would knowing full well some municipality will foot the bill. 

I believe Stan Kroenke funded the new Rams stadium himself.

Snyder's toxicity is a national reputation. I don't think St. Louis or San Diego politicians will open up their checkbooks for him in the #MeToo era.

Dan is a meat puppet for the NFL. He’s a piece of **** but facts are that billionaires owning an entire organization and controlling all financial aspects is a terrible concept that needs to die. Start demanding publicly owned teams like the packers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Its not a cap penalty. Mara isn't involved.

Pretty much.  Still irks me to this day they were able to get away with that penalty.  How can you penalize somebody for violating a rule that doesn’t exist?  They had no grounds to do what they did.

With that said…back to your regularly scheduled thread.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

FedEx Field was overwhelmingly paid for by Jack Kent Cooke and private funding.

Yeah and look how that turned out, worst stadium in the league because he built it in the middle of nowhere with poor accessibility and zero services close by.  

11 hours ago, profusion said:

I believe Stan Kroenke funded the new Rams stadium himself.

Snyder's toxicity is a national reputation. I don't think St. Louis or San Diego politicians will open up their checkbooks for him in the #MeToo era.

It does say it's entirely privately financed. Whether that means its all Kroenke's own money or not I'm not sure. I'm sure others invested for a share of the profits. 

Also Stan's net worth about 3 times more than Danny. Add to that the fact that Snyder just took on 100% ownership and I think it's a stretch to assume he would pay for it all by himself. Maybe with private backing.  

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Yeah and look how that turned out, worst stadium in the league because he built it in the middle of nowhere with poor accessibility and zero services close by.  

Your comment was about owners ever being willing to finance stadiums on their own...not about how well self-financed stadiums turned out. Just reminding you that our favorite NFL team's stadium was largely self-financed by the team's owner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Your comment was about owners ever being willing to finance stadiums on their own...not about how well self-financed stadiums turned out. Just reminding you that our favorite NFL team's stadium was largely self-financed by the team's owner.

OK but that's not the norm. Do you personally believe Dan would finance his own stadium? I strongly believe Dan will expect public funds. 

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

I hope there will be a prosecution in a court of justice, and that Snyder, Goodell and his minions will be sentenced  the hard way.

Lawyer for former WFT employees says clients are 'physically ill' with NFL's ruling

In all honesty, this is yet another reason why trying to make it seem as if Snyder did anything voluntarily was a mistake. It seems that Goodell/the owners/the "NFL" wanted to exact punishment without making sound as if they were exacting punishment...possibly in hopes that it would die down quicker (for a number of possible reasons).

6 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

OK but that's not the norm. Do you personally believe Dan would finance his own stadium? I strongly believe Dan will expect public funds. 

Oh HELL no lol....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

FedEx was definitely built too quickly and the location was absolutely far from ideal. However, at the time, I think the place was seen as a suitable upgrade to RFK, and the demand for the 80K seats at the time was there, even for the club level (pricey for the time, but not so much as it is now). Also had a kids area outside one of the gates, and Cooke kept the same PA guy from RFK.  And they at least made an attempt to shuttle folks in from the nearby Metro stops (this was before the Morgan Blvd station).

Snyder comes in, jacks up parking rates, says you can't walk from the Landover Mall parking lot to the stadium, gets rid of the kids area, gets rid of the PA announcer. After Gibbs returned, installed dream seats that reduced the desirability of the 100 level. And soon after Gibbs left and the Zorn debacle ensued was when you started seeing the reduced demand for tickets, end of the wait list, and pulling seats out of the upper deck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Former WFT Limited Partner Dwight Schar Banned From Owning Any Part Of NFL Team

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-bans-dwight-schar-from-future-ownership-interest-in-any-nfl-team/ar-AALFVaL?ocid=uxbndlbing

Lost in the multiple headlines provided by the Washington Football, former limited partner Dwight Schard has been banned from ever owning any part of an NFL team, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

The ban is unrelated to the outcome of an investigation into the Washington Football Team’s workplace culture. The team was fined $10 million by the league. Dan Snyder turned over control of day-to-day operations of the team to his wife Tanya Snyder for an unspecific time.

Snyder bought out the remaining 40% minority stake in the team from Schar and two other limited partners, Fred Smith and Robert Rothman ...

Dwight Schar, NFL Owner, Breaks NFL Rules

Dwight Schar, an NFL owner with a share in the Washington Football Team, has engaged in flagrant breaches of conduct in his capacity as a minority owner in the NFL. He and his employees have harassed, intimidated, and threatened a mother and her three small children. 

“Everyone who is part of the league must refrain from ‘conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in’ the NFL,” states the NFL code of conduct. While former Attorney General Loretta Lynch has been hired by the NFL to investigate Dan Snyder’s claims against Dwight Schar for extortion, we are asking Lynch to additionally investigate Schar for his improper treatment of a Jewish family, including a mother and her three girls.

Arrighi also explained where all the fake stories about Don Juravin were coming from: DCS Capital Investments. “Randall Greene, who was the Chairman of the Bella Collina Homeowners’ Association, told me, Paul Simonson and others that he hired outside parties to write negative articles and blogs about Don Juravin in order to retaliate against Mr. Juravin.

Washington N.F.L. Owner Dan Snyder Sues Media Company for Defamation

Jan. 19

19 Jan

Daniel Snyder, the owner of the Washington N.F.L. team, has accused an online media company of accepting payment in exchange for publishing defamatory rumors, including one that Snyder was named on a list of sexual offenders maintained by Jeffrey Epstein, the sex criminal and financier.

Daniel Snyder seeks to question Bruce Allen under oath, in connection with ongoing defamation lawsuit

Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2021, 11:57 AM EDT

Per Kaplan, Snyder wants to question Allen under oath, and also to secure documents in his possession, custody, or control that could be relevant to the pending litigation in India (not Indiana, India) against Meaww.com.

“[Snyder] has a good faith belief that [Allen] has specific knowledge of the creation and distribution of the MEAWW articles, and thus has information relevant to the Indian Action,” Snyder’s lawyers wrote in court papers. “The motion is not a lawsuit, but a request to the court to compel discovery to aid a foreign case, what is known as a 1782 motion.”

The effort to gather information from Allen arises from an allegation that, during the period of January 9, 2020 through November 18, 2020, Allen participated in 87 separate phone calls totaling 1,237 minutes with John Moag. An investment banker, Moag was working for the three minority owners who were trying to sell their interest in the franchise. (Moag has denied knowledge of the articles posted on Meaww.com.)

Edited by Spearfeather

Get ready. We are about to find out that this whole mess has been BA's fault and not Dan's.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/03/bruce-allen-indirectly-benefits-from-lack-of-wft-transparency/

>>There’s no reason to believe that the league tiptoed around Allen as a favor to him. Instead, the thinking is that the deference shown to Snyder incidentally encompassed Allen, allowing him to not be directly tied to any of the general conclusions because the league decided to conceal any specific findings or accusations. Thus, to the extent that a full and complete report potentially would have contained sentences beginning with “Bruce Allen said” or “Bruce Allen did” or “Bruce Allen knew,” the fact that no written report was created kept Allen from facing the music for anything he may have done, actually or allegedly.

That won’t save him completely, especially if/when litigation is filed by any current or former employees for whom the statute of limitations has not yet run. Given his former employer’s propensity to litigate, chances are that Snyder and the WFT will make third-party claims or cross-claims directly against Allen, blaming as much of the misbehavior as possible on Allen, and pushing as much responsibility away from Snyder.

Make no mistake about it, even at a time when many believe that the league went way too easy on Snyder, he likely won’t (in my opinion) pass on the chance to point a finger at someone else. The most obvious target is Bruce Allen.<<

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, Califan007 said:

Yeah, that narrative lasted a grand total of 24 seconds lol...would have been better PR if they said he was suspended, Tanya is running things in his absence, and Goodell will determine when he's allowed to return to normal. Saying otherwise is actually making things worse, not better.

Well, that is the Synder way. Done that with everything he's touched.

Edited by Skintime
  • Like 1

That article that TK posted was interesting for the fact that the Patriots $1 million fine for Deflategate was called "monstrous". I wonder what they made of this $10 million one then?! Typical pro-Patriot bias methinks......