Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread


JSSkinz

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

 

This whole point the finger for everything gone wrong at Bruce is not surprising to many of us who called this after Bruce was fired.  

 

You called Bruce having over 20 hours of conversation with the lawyer of a minority owner who was eventually banned from the NFL ?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

 

You called Bruce having over 20 hours of conversation with the lawyer of a minority owner who was eventually banned from the NFL ?

 

This isn’t even new.  The whole Bruce was working with the minority owners to slander Dan story has been out there for a while now.  Even the part about Dan wanting him deposed or whatever.

 

My point was only that this is going to get messier.  Bruce is a scumbag and he’s not just going to take all this on the chin.  If Dan keeps pushing, it’s only going to make more news vs. it fading away. If anybody has the dirt, it’s Bruce.  
 

If I was Dan, I’d have dropped everything, let it fade away and pretend Bruce never existed.  But he’s constantly looking for the vindication he’s never gotten.  So he won’t,  he’ll keep playing lawyer games, and making things worse.

 

 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Snyder, as majority owner, is ultimately responsible for the sexual harassment going on in the building.

But as far as the conversations with the minority owners, and the stories printed on the Indian website linking Snyder with Epstein, I don't think it's unreasonable for Snyder to try to find out what Allen was up to.

 

Snyder filed that motion almost three months ago. Not just a couple of days ago.

 

 

Edited by Spearfeather
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Snyder, as majority owner, is ultimately responsible for the sexual harassment going on in the building.

But as far as the conversations with the minority owners, and the stories printed on the Indian website linking Snyder with Epstein, I don't think it's unreasonable for Snyder to try to find out what Allen was up to.

 

Snyder filed that motion almost three months ago. Not just a couple of days ago.

 

 

 

It's not unreasonable for him to explore what he considers to be slander. But, it's a questionable choice when you weigh the cost/reward. In the context of what's been going on and with many believing he's dodged a bullet, what's the point? Drop it and move on. It's his continued poking around that I hope ultimately gets him burned. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Say what you will…. At the end of the day the NFL won’t let this get more out of hand than it already is. Big black eye on the league and it opens up every other club up to investigations, on all sorts of matters and issues that I’m sure they don’t want to come to light. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jacoby6644 said:

Say what you will…. At the end of the day the NFL won’t let this get more out of hand than it already is. Big black eye on the league and it opens up every other club up to investigations, on all sorts of matters and issues that I’m sure they don’t want to come to light. 

They only have so much control though...the longer it's in the news, the more likely it is that someone else complains or another investigator asks more questions. We've all gotten away with things in our lives...most people take their W, shut their mouths, and wait for the next story/situation to put theirs further in the rearview. Snyder seems insistent on staying in the news and doubling/tripling/quadrupling down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

 

It's not unreasonable for him to explore what he considers to be slander. But, it's a questionable choice when you weigh the cost/reward. In the context of what's been going on and with many believing he's dodged a bullet, what's the point? Drop it and move on. It's his continued poking around that I hope ultimately gets him burned. 

 

What things should he and should he not respond to ? 

How high would something like links to Jeffrey Epstein rank even or maybe especially under the circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

 

What things should he and should he not respond to ? 

How high would something like links to Jeffrey Epstein rank even or maybe especially under the circumstances.

It was a blip on the rumor radar for less than 24 hours.  It was denounced very shortly after it was a rumor.  People say all sorts of crazy things on the internet, conspiracy theories, etc.   Snyder is on a long list of folks being falsely connected to Epstein on the internet.

 

If the story had any type of legs or more substance trying to paint the picture that Dan was in cahoots with Epstein, I’d understand the desire to dig in a bit more.  
 

But even those of us that loathe Snyder and wish for his removal as owner, never even believed the Epstein rumor.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It was a blip on the rumor radar for less than 24 hours.  It was denounced very shortly after it was a rumor.  People say all sorts of crazy things on the internet, conspiracy theories, etc.   Snyder is on a long list of folks being falsely connected to Epstein on the internet.

 

If the story had any type of legs or more substance trying to paint the picture that Dan was in cahoots with Epstein, I’d understand the desire to dig in a bit more.  
 

But even those of us that loathe Snyder and wish for his removal as owner, never even believed the Epstein rumor.

Exactly...I hate the man and never believed the Epstein stuff. 

 

Again, to me it comes down to what's the best-case and worst-case with Snyder pursing this? Best-case is that something comes out completely vindicating that he wasn't involved with something that virtually no one believes he was. The worst-case is that he stays in the news cycle and another cheerleader or victim comes forward, etc. 

 

It's similar to me from being taught that when you get the answer you want, you shut up. He should feel extremely lucky and it seems he's pushing that luck. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It was a blip on the rumor radar for less than 24 hours. 

 

If the story had any type of legs or more substance trying to paint the picture that Dan was in cahoots with Epstein, I’d understand the desire to dig in a bit more.  
 

 

 

I haven't heard anyone from the Team say anything regarding it for months.

 

Scharr, the minority owner, was banned from the NFL, just last week.

 

That is what brought it back to light.

 

 

Edited by Spearfeather
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those very few left who want to carry Dan Snyder's water and make excuses for him - or just give him a pass. He does not give a flying ass **** about the fans. 

 

Spoiler Alert - You know who #1 is on the list. Plenty of reasons listed and they don't even touch the whole sexual assault culture he fostered. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's the not caring about the people he employs to work for him …

 

 

realizing i’m a little older than most here …

 

… but i’d really like for y’all to meet some of the mother****ers i’ve worked for …

 

… a lot of assholes out here …

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, just654 said:

@Skinsinparadise we are talking about it in the season ticket thread. 2 of us were in different groups last night. Short story, they will more than likely be PSLs for the new stadium 

Isn't it SOP for teams at this point? I figured it was at least. 

 

Too good of an opportunity to raise a massive amount of funds. And you know what they say: the market dictates the price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Isn't it SOP for teams at this point? I figured it was at least. 

 

Too good of an opportunity to raise a massive amount of funds. And you know what they say: the market dictates the price.


Yes that is what they pitched to us yesterday. That every new stadium has done it. The issue right now is you can’t give away season tickets. Let lone put a PSL on it. If we still had the waiting list. I would be pissed but it would make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will see if the moron owner can stay out of Rivera and Wright's way.  Past history indicates he can't.   If the past is prologue, he's too emotional, dumb and dense.  I think this is his last stand whether he realizes it or not.

 

The fact that he has this desire to inform the media that he wasn't suspended and in turn came off like he was taking a victory lap on that front shows IMO that he still is dense.  It's amusing to me in a sad way to hear Sheehan re-tell the story on a recent podcast that he heard they did an internal poll late 2019 to see Dan and Bruce's popularity with fans and both had negatives in the 90s.  In my line of work, I've done my share of polls.  I've never seen a well known public figure with 90% plus negative ratings.  According to Sheehan both Bruce and Dan were shocked by those numbers.  

 

I get the impression that Dan probably just blamed those numbers on Bruce.  The fact that he's trying to sell fans/local media that we are clamoring for more hands on involvement from him and the problem previously was too little Dan involvement IMO shows how wildly he's still out of touch,

 

Hopefully for all his stupidity, he at least understands that he's not going to survive PR wise another purge combined with his next "new beginnings" sell for a new regime of some kind.  He's got the right team IMO now hopefully he stays out of their way.   Also, if he screws it up with Wright (after doing so with Lafemina), good luck finding good people to help run the organization. 

 

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/07/10/washington-football-team-future-jason-wright/

“There’s that old saying ‘Actions speak louder than words,’ and I do believe that if Jason and [Coach Ron Rivera] are given the leeway to effectuate change, they will effectuate change,” said Amy Trask, the former CEO of the Oakland Raiders. “But only time is going to tell if the leeway it appears they are being given is true leeway, and if it’s lasting leeway.”

 

 

...Washington’s vision for a new stadium is centered around the idea of creating a year-round entertainment venue to host concerts and other events. It also includes a surrounding economic development project with retail, work and living space, restaurants and perhaps even a community element to create “social good that outlasts any of us,” such as creating green space that can double as a parking lot.

Basically: a stadium that is more than just a stadium.

“First and foremost, it’s an economic development engine,” Wright said. “And my background at McKinsey, when I thought about big mega projects like this, especially through the lens of equity and what it means for developing an equitable economy are major. Because it’s a lot of money that goes into the development of this, and it’s a lot of jobs that are created. … It can be generationally changing for an area.”

But the challenges there are lengthy, too, especially for a team that, according to ESPN, ranked at or near the bottom of the NFL in home attendance for nine of the 10 seasons before Rivera and Wright arrived.

For the past 11 months, Washington’s business operations — and its football team — have shown signs of change. But whether Wright and his team of “outsiders” can create a new product or merely a new facade will depend on the top.

“I’ve been very outspoken over many years, going back to my years in the league, about changes that needed to be made in that organization,” said Trask, the former Raiders CEO. “If these two are given the opportunity to right some of the wrongs that were effectuated by those in place before them, we will see that.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...