Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz

29 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I doubt that. Not to mention, it's much more important and relevant than any of the football condescension that permeates the threads here on a daily basis. 

For those of you who just wanted the distraction of accountability to be gone, you got your wish. Snyder skated by unharmed despite a lot of brave women coming forward with pretty despicable stories and allegations. So, in the end, you guys got what you wanted...the minority silenced so everyone can focus on football again. I mean, we wouldn't want to take away from the discussions of which journeyman QB might avoid mistakes just enough for the Skins to go 9-8 this year!!

But, you cannot blame those of us who remain utterly disgusted by the blind eye being turned to all the predatory and disgusting things Snyder either allowed or knew about. There's a video of female employees that was shot without their permission that was distributed to team execs. It's set to Snyder's favorite music. But hey...he lets his wife sign his press releases now, so the guy has turned over a new leaf and we should all blindly just follow football again, right?

None of that has anything to do with him showing up to watch his team play a game. I’m all for him selling the team and going away but until that happens I’m not gonna cuss out an owner wanting to watch his team play. So yes, when I say it was ridiculously passive aggressive and condescending I mean it. My indifference to him being there to watch his team play isn’t a supportive declaration towards him and especially not towards his behavior as it was casually implied. If you have that much animosity towards him, then I don’t understand how you can support his team. So don’t you dare look down on me for not going on a #metoo tirade while you’re here posting on a message board in support of the product that makes him money. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But, you cannot blame those of us who remain utterly disgusted by the blind eye being turned to all the predatory and disgusting things Snyder either allowed or knew about. There's a video of female employees that was shot without their permission that was distributed to team execs.

I don't think anyone was defending any of those things happening.

" Dan Snyder owns the team and he was at the game, so I'm not surprised " ...

Is not a defense of any of the bad things that have happened under his watch.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TD is now the anti-fan.

I don't know anyone who condones what happen under Snyder.   We knew nothing would happen to him because the owner don't want to set precedent.  You force Dan out; then what does your team have that could force you out?  So, they covered it up.

For me, I separate my fandom from the owner.  Any success will be inspite of him.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

TD is now the anti-fan.

I don't know anyone who condones what happen under Snyder.   We knew nothing would happen to him because the owner don't want to set precedent.  You force Dan out; then what does your team have that could force you out?  So, they covered it up.

For me, I separate my fandom from the owner.  Any success will be inspite of him.

You are exactly what Snyder was hoping and planning for.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

You are exactly what Snyder was hoping and planning for.

Well, you are free to end your fandom.

Synder isn’t going anywhere and he isn’t really being punished for the misdeeds that happened under him.

For some that was the last straw and they can’t be a fan of a team owned by Dan.

I am a fan of the team. My fandom was before we even heard of a Dan Synder.

The scum of the owner will be owning this team until we die. If we win a Super Bowl again; that scum will be the one celebrating.

I have separated my hatred of Dan from my love of the team. I will continue to root for the team. 

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, dyst said:

Damn you hear these fans so loud in the other preseason games and then the anemic showing of ours. Snyder really did a number on this fanbase over the years.

The Ravens took a lot of potential fans away by being much more successful than us over the last 2 decades. Having another team that close, who do you think the younger generation is going to root for? It really does all circle back to the ineptitude of the owner. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The Ravens took a lot of potential fans away by being much more successful than us over the last 2 decades. Having another team that close, who do you think the younger generation is going to root for? It really does all circle back to the ineptitude of the owner. 

Exactly. I know the Ravins and maybe even the Panthers dug into the fan base, but not enough to take an 80K stadium down to 10K or whatever it was there. That is all on Dan. 

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Exactly. I know the Ravins and maybe even the Panthers dug into the fan base, but not enough to take an 80K stadium down to 10K or whatever it was there. That is all on Dan. 

Not sure how accurate this is, but ESPN gamecast says we had 38,817 fans there. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401326954

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

I remember going to a preseason game in 2015, the one where the Lions pummeled RG3.  I was sitting in club section 327 with a friend and remember the section being fairly full.

Went to another preseason game a few years later (2018 maybe) and the place was deserted.  It looked the same way on TV the other night. There's no way there was anywhere close to 40K there.

• Like 1

40K or not, it was DEAD SILENT. He has zapped the energy from the fanbase and I bet he blames it on everything but himself.

Must be Bruce’s, Shanny, Kirks, Grudens, Kapernick, Name-changes fault…and not mine.

We need to start winning so hopefully the crowds come back.

On 8/20/2021 at 5:54 AM, CjSuAvE22 said:

Dan Snyder gets equal treatment as Donald Trump on this board its not fair imo. Yeah he sucks as an owner but he tried what he thought was a way to make things work none of it ever worked out an we were all pissed as fans but he really doesn't deserve the name calling etc in fact NOBODY DOES grow up people.

Man, **** Dan Snyder.

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Life as a fan is better when you pretend like Dan doesn't exist. I don't defend him and I don't attack him on here, we're never going to get rid of this guy as an owner while he's alive so why waste the energy? You'll miss all the good vibes going on with our team right now by focusing all your negative energy on the owner. Best case scenario we can hope for is his heart grows three sizes too big and he has changed. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Life as a fan is better when you pretend like Dan doesn't exist. I don't defend him and I don't attack him on here, we're never going to get rid of this guy as an owner while he's alive so why waste the energy? You'll miss all the good vibes going on with our team right now by focusing all your negative energy on the owner. Best case scenario we can hope for is his heart grows three sizes too big and he has changed. 

You are dreaming.

When the heat dies down; expect the old Dan to appear.

I will enjoy the Rivera era while it lasts but I know it won't last forever.

3 Ways for the Rivera era to end  

1.  Ron isn't successful.  2 non-playoff consecutive losing season and Ron doesn't finish his contract.

2. Dan starts interfering again, demanding players be signed or drafted.  This leads to a parting with Rivera.

3. Dan regrets giving Ron all that power and take it away and gets rid of Ron.  He brings in his next buddy puppet to run things. The buddy that lets Dan make the picks in the first round and sign the big time free agents.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You are dreaming.

When the heat dies down; expect the old Dan to appear.

I will enjoy the Rivera era while it lasts but I know it won't last forever.

3 Ways for the Rivera era to end  

1.  Ron isn't successful.  2 non-playoff consecutive losing season and Ron doesn't finish his contract.

2. Dan starts interfering again, demanding players be signed or drafted.  This leads to a parting with Rivera.

3. Dan regrets giving Ron all that power and take it away and gets rid of Ron.  He brings in his next buddy puppet to run things. The buddy that lets Dan make the picks in the first round and sign the big time free agents.

That's why it's called "hope". I don't expect it to happen but if it does, then that's wonderful. 

You sound super negative thinking of ways the Rivera era can end. Just enjoy it now and quit thinking of negative scenarios. What good does it do?

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

You sound super negative thinking of ways the Rivera era can end.

Well, he's a fan of this team after all.  Every fan of this team should be conditioned after 2 decades of Snyder to fully expect negativity to reign supreme even if it goes into hiding for a little while.  It will be a lot easier as a fan of this team to accept that Dan hasn't changed at all, and that bad people don't just become good people over an offseason or two.  

That doesn't mean we can't enjoy the Rivera era for whatever it is.  I personally like what he's doing and will continue to root for him.  But I'm not silly enough to think he's going to change who Dan is at this point in his life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That's why it's called "hope". I don't expect it to happen but if it does, then that's wonderful. 

You sound super negative thinking of ways the Rivera era can end. Just enjoy it now and quit thinking of negative scenarios. What good does it do?

When Dan Snyder is the owner; there’s little hope. Remember all the recent changes were because Dan was forced to; not because he wanted to.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Well, he's a fan of this team after all.  Every fan of this team should be conditioned after 2 decades of Snyder to fully expect negativity to reign supreme even if it goes into hiding for a little while.  It will be a lot easier as a fan of this team to accept that Dan hasn't changed at all, and that bad people don't just become good people over an offseason or two.  

That doesn't mean we can't enjoy the Rivera era for whatever it is.  I personally like what he's doing and will continue to root for him.  But I'm not silly enough to think he's going to change who Dan is at this point in his life.

I'm a fan of this team as well, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who chooses not to dwell on how bad of an owner we have. For me, there's no point in doing it as we clearly have no impact or ways to change who sits on the iron throne. 

I'm not banking on him changing or anything, it would be nice if he did. Like I said earlier, Dan doesn't really exist to me and I can enjoy rooting for this team even knowing he's the owner. This is as deep as I'm going into this because I just dislike the negative energy around every discussion we have about the owner. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is as deep as I'm going into this because I just dislike the negative energy around every discussion we have about the owner. 

I'd strongly suggest not entering threads about the ownership if you don't want negative energy.  The owner is the epitome of negative energy.  All truthful and factual conversations about said owner are going to contain negative energy.  For the warm and fuzzies, it's probably better to stick to threads about the coaches and players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd strongly suggest not entering threads about the ownership if you don't want negative energy.  The owner is the epitome of negative energy.  All truthful and factual conversations about said owner are going to contain negative energy.  For the warm and fuzzies, it's probably better to stick to threads about the coaches and players.

With the hiring of Rivera and Wright it seems Snyder is doing some things that are changing the culture of the WFT.  Not sure because he wanted to change or he was forced to but it seems like things are much different than what they were.  With a few winning seasons and the change in culture, the fans will come back...  

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's a front office thread though not a Dan Snyder thread, so I like to pop in and see things Rivera or Wright may have said that I missed. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

27 minutes ago, ddyork said:

With the hiring of Rivera and Wright it seems Snyder is doing some things that are changing the culture of the WFT.  Not sure because he wanted to change or he was forced to but it seems like things are much different than what they were.  With a few winning seasons and the change in culture, the fans will come back... 

I know it feels like a long time ago, but do you remember the empty stadiums, Fire Bruce Allen trending on twitter, "the culture is damn good", and the list goes on?  That was 2019.  Add in the cheerleader debacle, pressure about changing the name, etc.  Be rest assured, he didn't 'want' to change - he had no choice but to change, or at least give the appearance that's what he's doing.  To Rivera and Wright's credit, they've made a lot of moves to clean things up.  But the only reason they are even capable of doing so is due to Dan being forced into having to go this route.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 9:53 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, you are free to end your fandom.

Synder isn’t going anywhere and he isn’t really being punished for the misdeeds that happened under him.

For some that was the last straw and they can’t be a fan of a team owned by Dan.

I am a fan of the team. My fandom was before we even heard of a Dan Synder.

The scum of the owner will be owning this team until we die. If we win a Super Bowl again; that scum will be the one celebrating.

I have separated my hatred of Dan from my love of the team. I will continue to root for the team. 

People can follow this team any way that they'd like. No one needs to end anything. I now follow them because I'm intrigued to see if they can overcome their horrible ownership. However, I don't actively root for good things to happen for them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic