Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

1. Washington Marshalls as in George Preston Marshall but could also have a federal law enforcement flair. 
2. Washington Monuments. Probably my favorite name. Unoffensive and very representative of our town.

Number one is never going to happen, didn't they just remove his statue from somewhere in an attempt to distance themselves from him?

Number 2 is my least favorite of all the options because Washington monument is supposed to be singular (or at least that's what you think of when you hear Washington and monument together) and a team name needs to be plural to sound right, it reminds me of that scene from the movie air heads when the dj sees the band name is the lone rangers.

Edited by redskinss

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I guess this is for the tailgate, but I think your beef is with large corporations, as big government didn't make the team change their name.

Both played a part, I believe.  Respectfully, I say let it die because this is the wrong forum for it.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I agree, it rolls off the tongue better and sounds more exclusive.  But I also think the soccer thing might ruin it for me.

I don't think it would be a problem.

Most folks aren't big soccer fans, so I don't think they would make the connection.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

It does.  They took it away from us and it preserves the name we use to use with the symbol "R" for THE football team we rooted for w/o any issues for almost a decade.  The only difference we aren't saying the name nor are we showing the face.  I hate BIG Government and being controlled by it!  

The past is gone. Unless the nickname starts with a R, no point to use that. The colors is the link to the old name; time for something new in the name.

Red Wolves, The Hogs, Football Club are my choices for the new name.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The past is gone. Unless the nickname starts with a R, no point to use that. The colors is the link to the old name; time for something new in the name.

Red Wolves, The Hogs, Football Club are my choices for the new name.

Respect your opinions; respect mine.  Capisce?  :)

1 hour ago, JaxJoe said:

I’ll throw my hat in the ring with my favorite names:

1. Washington Marshalls as in George Preston Marshall but could also have a federal law enforcement flair. 
2. Washington Monuments. Probably my favorite name. Unoffensive and very representative of our town. Or,

3) The Washington Federal Employees: overpaid and no accountability. Also super fast as a Federal Employee gets off work at 5:00 and is home by 4:30 😃

Marshalls won't happen because George Preston Marshall is a figure the team is quietly trying to distance itself from.

Monuments makes me feel like the team is old and decrepit. Monuments are for dead people.

I want something alive. Something strong, intimidating... fun. Obelisks, statues, and politicians are not fun. I love me some Red Wolves. Big fluffy puppy dogs that kill things.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Stay Washington Football Team and put the "R" back on their helmets.  

That makes no sense. 

Edit: nevermind, just caught up on the last page of posts. It still makes no sense, but it’s been gone over so I’ll drop it. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

Putting a snake like Allen, who now has a grudge—and who knows where the bodies are buried—on the stand under oath seems like a spectacular opportunity to watch karma blow up in Snyder’s face and get some crazy **** on the public record. Please let it happen. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2021 at 10:54 AM, JaxJoe said:

I’ll throw my hat in the ring with my favorite names:

2. Washington Monuments. Probably my favorite name. Unoffensive and very representative of our town. Or,

3) The Washington Federal Employees: overpaid and no accountability. Also super fast as a Federal Employee gets off work at 5:00 and is home by 4:30 😃

The Washington Monuments is a no-go for me. I can just hear some commentator out there now saying "The Washington Monuments are so slow on the field, they really do look like statues out there. My first choice is the "RedWolves".

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

More importantly, apparently he cant work without Tom.

Not in 1 single year anyway. Maybe he'd do better without table scraps at QB? I dunno, but for a coach in his late 60s, it's a bit late to find out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RWJ said:

IMO, Brady made BB.  That was proven in Tampa this year.  BB will never sniff a SB again. 

What's scary is that if the Patriots had given him more weapons through his years there, would he somehow have even more Super Bowls? Quite a few years with a sparse pantry. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

What's scary is that if the Patriots had given him more weapons through his years there, would he somehow have even more Super Bowls? Quite a few years with a sparse pantry. 

True, Brady has to go down at this time as the GOAT QB.  He could have won at least a couple more if they did.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:19 PM, RWJ said:

IMO, Brady made BB.  That was proven in Tampa this year.  BB will never sniff a SB again. 

I wouldn't be so sure.  BB had an 11-5 Browns team before he coached the Patriots.  The only reason he was fired from the Browns is they were moving and wanted a fresh start. 

Last year was a throw-away year for the Pats.  They dumped salary and traded back, and a whole bunch of players went on the COVID list.

What I've said forever is for the Pats to have had the success they had, they had BOTH the QB and the Coach.  Both alone could be great, but together they were a dynasty.

I think the Pats are going to be back.  Maybe not this year, but I bet in a couple years, they'll be a contender again.

• Like 3