Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

18 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

The fact that the video issue never went to court pretty much guaranteed he'd escape all this. And whatever happened to Gloria Allred? She got involved, made a ton of noise for a day or two and then totally disappeared. Have to assume the cheerleaders she represented settled as well. 

I thought it was widely reported that Allred's batch of cheerleaders "resolved" the issue with Snyder too. 

To me, the report needs to be made public...otherwise it will all look like a farce and cover-up by Goodell and the NFL. 

20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I thought it was widely reported that Allred's batch of cheerleaders "resolved" the issue with Snyder too. 

To me, the report needs to be made public...otherwise it will all look like a farce and cover-up by Goodell and the NFL. 

The problem is that it won't look like anything because it's out of the news cycle.  In retail we would tell customers to check back in two weeks, not because the item would be in stock, but because they'd forget about it by then.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
21 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

While I think diversity is an admirable goal, the fact that all of these hires have only happened since Snyder got in trouble smells like the hands of Goodell. Why is the NFL so eager to bend over backwards to help Snyder in the first place??

Not all of them were, but enough of them. Although as you said, the league may be behind some of these hires, but also Wright might be as well. I seem to remember him talking about using diversity to help change the toxic culture of workplaces when he was first hired. So even if he's not personally doing the hiring he may have input and the ear of those who are doing the hiring.

Edited by Califan007
1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

The problem is that it won't look like anything because it's out of the news cycle.  In retail we would tell customers to check back in two weeks, not because the item would be in stock, but because they'd forget about it by then.

Exactly. What it looks like to a few will hardly matter to Don Goodell if there's no public outcry to "release the report." And it doesn't look like there's going to be judging by how quickly the whole Junkie leak faded away for example. NFL is very predictable, but they know what they're doing: Weather the initial storm, say nothing, and wait for something else to claim people's attention. Unfortunately, lots of smoke, but no smoking gun. The best chance at that was to tie Snyder to the cheerleader videos and watch all those lies from him and his goon squad fall apart in court, but he made an offer that apparently couldn't be refused, unfortunately.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Turns out it was, but I totally missed that for some reason. Looks like they settled before the new year hit according to an article I just read. Wow. When she got on the case, I thought that would be great, as she would speak loudly and often on this on every news outlet that would take her. Guess the team realized that as well, lol. They settled that one in lightning speed. No, Snyder had nothing to do with those videos. Nah, of course not, lol. Pathetic. 

• Haha 2
On 4/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Why is the NFL so eager to bend over backwards to help Snyder in the first place??

Because Snyder has cost the NFL lots and lots of money. He took an A-lister franchise and has run into the ground. Attendance is awful, TV ratings have plummeted locally, and merchandise sales have been down significantly. Throw on top of that, because of his overall sinking of this ship, a new stadium which would increase league revenues is something they realize Snyder is incapable of doing. His ineptitude has hurt them all and they all recognize they need to get a major market team back to some sort of respectability. 

5 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Because Snyder has cost the NFL lots and lots of money. He took an A-lister franchise and has run into the ground. Attendance is awful, TV ratings have plummeted locally, and merchandise sales have been down significantly. Throw on top of that, because of his overall sinking of this ship, a new stadium which would increase league revenues is something they realize Snyder is incapable of doing. His ineptitude has hurt them all and they all recognize they need to get a major market team back to some sort of respectability. 

I spent the first 90% of your post assuming it was tongue-in-cheek. Everything you posted fortifies the argument that the NFL should have let Snyder take the fall and force him to sell. If they have to step in and help him run a marquee club, what's the point? It's better to find better ownership than it is to intercede every couple of years to save him from himself. 

They could have a powerhouse in DC, an owner who hasn't created a toxic and predatory culture, and maximize revenue streams from a large market. Seems like a win-win-win to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I love Rivera but this his take on probabilities is just stupid. I hope someone sits down with him and explains it to him.

Maybe the talking heads of Mayhew and Hurney MIGHT be able too  but it's RR show.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Panninho said:

I love Rivera but this his take on probabilities is just stupid. I hope someone sits down with him and explains it to him.

I wanna play poker with Ron Rivera.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
On 4/9/2021 at 3:39 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I spent the first 90% of your post assuming it was tongue-in-cheek. Everything you posted fortifies the argument that the NFL should have let Snyder take the fall and force him to sell. If they have to step in and help him run a marquee club, what's the point? It's better to find better ownership than it is to intercede every couple of years to save him from himself. 

They could have a powerhouse in DC, an owner who hasn't created a toxic and predatory culture, and maximize revenue streams from a large market. Seems like a win-win-win to me. 

You have to remember the "NFL" is just the 32 billionaires who own the teams.  Whereas they would like all franchises to be successful, the big money is the TV deals.  Additionally, they all have to be uncomfortable with the prospect of an owner losing their franchise without a smoking gun (ala Jerry Richardson and Donald Sterling).  They have no incentive to even look for the gun. 

I am convinced they approved Snyder buying out the minority owners to cut off the spotlight.

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting list.

Hope they leave it as is.  

Washington Football Team is unique and there is non like it and never will be again.  I hope it stays this name permanently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

That list is an abomination.

In that you miss the "Redskins"?  Answer honestly.  If we can't have Redskins then give us "Washington Football Team" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

In that you miss the "Redskins"?  Answer honestly.  If we can't have Redskins then give us "Washington Football Team" 

Not at all. 

Red Wolves or Washington Football Club (WFC). 

I favor the former. But I can settle for the latter. My last acceptable choice is the one the team has now.

All reasonable choices.

The rest are brutal. I’m not even sure I’d have the stomach for it. We’ve already been through too much.... I’m not sure I can withstand another major faux pas. 😂

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

These surveys are to test the reading comprehension of our fans. 

"Select the two LEAST preferred names."

How many people aren't even going to read that part and choose their two favorites?

How do you get this survey?

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

One of the choices is the washington Griffins. I **** you not, that’s one of the choices. Why? Why would anyone want that😂😂 

another option is the Washington Swifts. Yes, as in, Taylor Swift. 

seeiously, who the **** is coming up with these names and saying “yeah, let’s add these to the list of possible names!”? 

one of the replies: “i dont know about you, but I’m startin’ 22” then the guy corrected himself and said he should’ve went with “but I’m starting 0-2” 😂

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Choosing names is hard. None of them speak to me. I guess I would be ok with with Armada from that list though doesn’t feel DC-like.

13 minutes ago, dyst said:

Choosing names is hard. None of them speak to me. I guess I would be ok with with Armada from that list though doesn’t feel DC-like.

Plenty of team names have nothing to do with the city. 

Lions in Detroit? Rams in LA/St. Louis/Cleveland?