Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Thank you - to be clear though, it was not a suggestion 😉

Is any of this relevant to this thread? Or related to the team?

This is a final warning to you - and everyone - keep political conversations for the Tailgate. I swear I don't want to start banning anyone of ANY political persuasion but the next person who gets off topic and into politics will be getting time off.

My bad C. We get warnings for talking politics in the tailgate now (I know a few posters actually on this thread now that would back me on this and it’s why we stay on the stadium now.) so unfortunately the restricted speech frustration it came out here. It might be why things kept going off topic though. 

—-

Anyway as I said before I think right now outside of Riviera and Snyder everyone else needs to let things play out.  Right now players, asst coaches, etc being involved the changes is just distracting. They can’t control outside stuff but they definitely can control things in Redskin park. 

• Like 2

Dear Moderator,

What JDR is making is a political statement.  It is hard to discuss his comments, and harder to discuss the affect that his tweets will have on the locker room, without discussing the efficacy of what he said and how his senior locker room/coaching staff position will poison any goodness this team could have...especially when the target is Black men.  This is not an Xs and Os topic. 

Now my rant and I hope that it doesn't get me banned:  JDR should be jettisoned.  I have been to a lot of funerals and have seen a ton of situations where Black people have died or have been murdered.   I have NEVER  seen any death, especially murders, not be mourned by the entire community.  Whitlock, and JDR by co-signing, is pushing a narrative that is demeaning and will cause issues in that locker room.  

Lastly, BLM is not a political issue.  It's  a human rights issue.  Kind of like our now former mascot: we can't tell a Native American when it's OK to be offended.   We can either respond (Snyder finally did... for whatever reason) or you can be like the Braves and say nope.  That IS NOT a political stance... it's  a personhood, humanity stance.

Edited by klwilkins1977
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Dear Moderator,

What JDR is making is a political statement.  It is hard to discuss his comments, and harder to discuss the affect that his tweets will have on the locker room, without discussing the efficacy of what he said and how his senior locker room/coaching staff position will poison any goodness this team could have...especially when the target is Black men.  This is not an Xs and Os topic. 

Now my rant and I hope that it doesn't get me banned:  JDR should be jettisoned.  I have been to a lot of funerals and have seen a ton of situations where Black people have died or have been murdered.   I have NEVER  seen any death, especially murders, not be mourned by the entire community.  Whitlock, and JDR by co-signing, is pushing a narrative that is demeaning and will cause issues in that locker room.  

Lastly, BLM is not a political issue.  It's  a human rights issue.  Kind of like our now former mascot: we can't tell a Native American when it's OK to be offended.   We can either respond (Snyder finally did... for whatever reason) or you can be like the Braves and say nope.  That IS NOT a political stance... it's  a personhood, humanity stance.

we didn't have a mascot.  We had a logo

• Like 3

13 hours ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Lastly, BLM  

I acknowledge that BLM also stands for black lives matter 🤥..who are you to argue with a mod?..

How in the **** do we know what's gonna happen in the locker room?...you and you and you are not little mice in the corner of the locker room..all this bs about "gonna cause issues in the locker room"..is just..well its bs

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Has stood for bureau land management and it's all BLM has ever stood for..who are you to argue with a mod?..

How and the **** do we know what's gonna happen in the locker room?...you and you and you are not little mice in the corner of the locker room..all this bs about "gonna cause issues in the locker room"..is just..well its bs

Weird how you said you don't know whats gonna happen in the locker room and then said all this bs about "gonna cause issues in the locker room" is bs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Weird how you said you don't know whats gonna happen in the locker room and then said all this bs about "gonna cause issues in the locker room" is bs.

I keep seeing all these posts about how what jdr is doing on twitter is going to cause problems in the locker room..how do we know it's going to cause a rift.

2 hours ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Dear Moderator,

I hear you and agree it's not an x's and o's issue, but because it isn't, the topic is probably best discussed in the Tailgate where we take on social, political and human issues. I personally don't think it's wrong to bring up this in the Stadium because reality can and does overlap with sports, but the board sort of made a decision a while ago to try to keep the Stadium sports-centric.

I think it's a worthy topic. I also think especially in the off season it's probably more important than the sport-oriented discussions going on, but even so, you'll get a chance to really dig into it in the Tailgate and as someone who spends more than half his time there, I'm glad that we have a place like that where we can deal with serious issues in a serious way.

• Like 1

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

I keep seeing all these posts about how what jdr is doing on twitter is going to cause problems in the locker room..how do we know it's going to cause a rift.

We don't know, but it's wise to assume it very well could:

College football's leading rusher threatens boycott over coach's OAN shirt

NFL teammates speak out against Drew Brees saying kneeling during anthem is disrespectful

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Dear Moderator,

I’m not dear, I’m very cheap - in fact free. And even then you are not getting your monies worth.

No it’s not X’s and O’s. And as I said in an earlier post it IS OK to reference the politics in the context of the impact on the locker room, on his ability to relate to and communicate with players. 

It’s NOT OK to spin off from that into general political rants or statements with no relation to the impact on the team. Now that’s not always easy - it’s shades of grey. And the decision on where the line is one I and other Mods take. So staying well to the right side of the line is the best way to go.

This strays towards the line. But in my judgement stays JUST on it. Just ...🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Maybe you haven’t followed social Media recently. Anyone says something that isn’t agreed upon especially by the majority is open season.  All it takes a sponsor saying we don’t like what your coach is spitting. 

Having said that honestly riviera obviously is involved with the name and what not but everyone else needs to shut up.  They are here to coach, play, etc.  Go review playbook, throw a football, etc. They aren’t helping the situation which is already tense.  

Unless Jack starts spurting racist or anti-semetic tripe; nothing is happening to him. 

As for sponsors dictating who the Skins can employ?  Right.  I think you can throw that back at every one of our sponsors.  You don't think there's dirt in the halls of FedEx corporate headquarters?  What about Nike basically usually slave labor to make their damn shoes.  Those chinese workers are treated like **** and paid nothing, so Nike can sell their shoes.

Did everyone see that the Redskins fired Alex Santos Director of Pro Personnel, and Richard Mann Assistant Director of Pro Personnel, and hired Don Warren as the Assistant Director of Pro Personnel?  While the first reaction is this is a legacy hire, but he actually worked for Ron Rivera as a scout for the Panthers for 10 years.  So he is actually a Rivera Panthers hire, who just happens to be a Redskins Legend.

20 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

Did everyone see that the Redskins fired Alex Santos Director of Pro Personnel, and Richard Mann Assistant Director of Pro Personnel, and hired Don Warren as the Assistant Director of Pro Personnel?  While the first reaction is this is a legacy hire, but he actually worked for Ron Rivera as a scout for the Panthers for 10 years.  So he is actually a Rivera Panthers hire, who just happens to be a Redskins Legend.

Heyyyy welcome to the show!!..yep been discussing it ..quite the shake up in the ol orphis..out with the old in with the new   but old 👍

Has Warrens role been announced? Asst director of Pro Personnel without an actual director to fill Santos shoes? I assume that would in effect make him acting director of PP. I'm hoping that Smith gets the GM title soon

Edited by bowhunter

1 hour ago, Shakazullo21 said:

The number of ex-Panthers personnel that have been hired.......from a sub .500 team the past four years, is really worrying to me.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Dear Moderator,

I can't see Rivera jettisoning JDR.  I believe Rivera would give him a chance to find common ground in the locker room.  If it becomes a distraction, I could see both parties wanting to move on, but I don't see Rivera "cancelling" JDR right now.  

Also, with Desean Jackson's comments netting him internal punishment from the Eagles, as well as a commitment to learn more about the people he spoke out against (he's going to visit Auschwitz) I think something similar could happen here.  I'd love to see JDR out with some players in the impoverished areas of the DMV doing community work and helping to spread the love of football around.  

16 hours ago, ntotoro said:

The Washington Anus Tarts 

16 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Stop it. You’re making me hungry. 

I'd just like to say that I find this thread title offensive and potentially racist against "someone"

I'd like to propose several new options for your consideration:

ANUSDART

RECTALSTART

ANUSSKINS

REDANUS

ANUSTINKER

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great, the fired Panther migration to DC continues.  Its super concerning to me to just copy a team that didnt even make the playoffs in most of their seasons.  I guess we trade one cronyism for another...