Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Yes Warren looks to be an easy addition beeing former Skins great and having a relation with Ron. 

But the hire could show us who is in command. If I'm Ron I would say "Kyle hire who YOU want. He works on your team. Get me somebody you are comfortable with" instead of "I know and like this guy. Good luck with him".

Looks like Ron is boss...

I don't love it because do we hire the best talent evaluator or somebody Ron trusts? I feel like our HC is getting to much power. If he fails you have to do a full house clean. 

Edited by wilco_holland
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

It really does... and I’m not mad at that one bit. We’ve thought Snyder handed over the reins 100x in the past, but now it finally appears to be true. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

3:05, still no “dire” news out of Washington yet. LOL. 

Something about Ron will come out. I remember when SMC got hire and the same year, his wife goes on a rant about the local sports reporter and him having some sort of relationship. 

16 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I don't love it because do we hire the best talent evaluator or somebody Ron trusts? I feel like our HC is getting to much power. If he fails you have to do a full house clean. 

I hear you there. I look at it this way, Rivera is a seasoned vet, he knows his system and he knows what he’s looking for in player skill sets. I’d prefer to give him more control to get players who fit his system than have someone else tell him who he will need to work with. This should avoid Much of the square-peg-round-holing which we always seem to find ourselves doing.

Edited by CTskin

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Something about Ron will come out. I remember when SMC got hire and the same year, his wife goes on a rant about the local sports reporter and him having some sort of relationship. 

LOL It’s already been reported that it’s not about Ron. It’s about the firing of the two guys yesterday, being non-football related. 

11 minutes ago, dyst said:

Ron did get a mention in the press release which I thought closed that potential problem off?

44 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think for many it’s the idea that you can’t speak your mind in fear of repercussions for having a different opinion. The idea of being ideologically controlled is just another manner of tyranny to so many. I’m not saying it’s right, just that I understand where they’re coming from.

Well if you’ve ventured even off the stadium to other section you’ll realize real quick there is repercussions. You can’t speak your mind right now if you don’t agree with certain things or partially disagree.  If you so much as say BUT when agreeing you’ve lost the audience. I’ve realize just how extreme some views of my friends are recently due to social media and I can honestly say it’s forever hurt the way I view them.   I know even trying to have open discussion are totally out the window and I never post my views on something’s because I know that will be end of some friendships. I loss 4 friends just saying that while whole heartedly support the BLM protests goals I’m strictly against the rioters and destruction of business, homes,etc as well the people carrying assault rifles in downtown Richmond that surrounded/ threatened a biker wearing a Trump shirt (Live on video recorded by BLM protestors.).   I don’t believe anyone unarmed should be threatened with assault rifles.  Right now you other are with the wave when it comes to public opinion or you are the boat watching the tidal wave coming at you. It’s a unsettling time overall right now. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Well if you’ve ventured even off the stadium to other section you’ll realize real quick there is repercussions. You can’t speak your mind right now if you don’t agree with certain things or partially disagree.  If you so much as say BUT when agreeing you’ve lost the audience. I’ve realize just how extreme some views of my friends are recently due to social media and I can honestly say it’s forever hurt the way I view them.   I know even trying to have open discussion are totally out the window and I never post my views on something’s because I know that will be end of some friendships. I loss 4 friends just saying that while whole heartedly support the BLM protests goals I’m strictly against the rioters and destruction of business, homes,etc as well the people carrying assault rifles in downtown Richmond that surrounded/ threatened a biker wearing a Trump shirt (Live on video recorded by BLM protestors.).   I don’t believe anyone unarmed should be threatened with assault rifles.  Right now you other are with the wave or you are the boat watching the tides wave coming at you. It’s a unsettling time overall right now. 

You're getting too political for the thread. All my point was, it's not such a simple thing for some people to just "not post on social media". To many that muzzling is more indicative of bigger concerns.

I'm also not privy to the lockeroom and I don't know what is said/unsaid between players and coaches. I anticipate everything gets ironed out before training camps officially open. Either that or we'll see players starting to ask for releases or trades and they'll probably do it in a public manner to garner public sympathy. It would be an easy sell for many if they claim they don't feel comfortable playing for someone who believes what JDR believes and it would be difficult for the team not to act accordingly (whatever that means).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Mods already suggested we keep politics out. I know its easy to miss a mod posting but just an FYI

Thank you - to be clear though, it was not a suggestion 😉

14 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Well if you’ve ventured even off the stadium to other section you’ll realize real quick there is repercussions. You can’t speak your mind right now if you don’t agree with certain things or partially disagree.  If you so much as say BUT when agreeing you’ve lost the audience. I’ve realize just how extreme some views of my friends are recently due to social media and I can honestly say it’s forever hurt the way I view them.   I know even trying to have open discussion are totally out the window and I never post my views on something’s because I know that will be end of some friendships. I loss 4 friends just saying that while whole heartedly support the BLM protests goals I’m strictly against the rioters and destruction of business, homes,etc as well the people carrying assault rifles in downtown Richmond that surrounded/ threatened a biker wearing a Trump shirt (Live on video recorded by BLM protestors.).   I don’t believe anyone unarmed should be threatened with assault rifles.  Right now you other are with the wave when it comes to public opinion or you are the boat watching the tidal wave coming at you. It’s a unsettling time overall right now. 

Is any of this relevant to this thread? Or related to the team?

This is a final warning to you - and everyone - keep political conversations for the Tailgate. I swear I don't want to start banning anyone of ANY political persuasion but the next person who gets off topic and into politics will be getting time off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Thank you - to be clear though, it was not a suggestion 😉

Is any of this relevant to this thread? Or related to the team?

This is a final warning to you - and everyone - keep political conversations for the Tailgate. I swear I don't want to start banning anyone of ANY political persuasion but the next person who gets off topic and into politics will be getting time off.

I tried to tell him! Lol

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

thought we were still the Redskins until the review was concluded?

Back on topic, im souring on JDR fast.

the thing I heard was we were retiring the name today, announcing the new name at a later date

what's Del Rio said?

I will say, the immediacy of sponsors to pull merch off the shelves was unfair. There should have been a window so the team had time to properly assess what would be best in terms of name, logo etc. especially with everything else happening this year. It almost felt like an unrealistic ultimatum 

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

JDR should realize that Twitter is analogous to, ‘The Stadium’, not, ‘The Tailgate’!

Can anybody tell me more about today’s hire, Warren? How good is his track record?

5 minutes ago, carex said:

what's Del Rio said?

Del Rio made an unpopular political statement. No more to say on the details of it here, but it's annoying that when the team is being scrutinized the most, a high profile staff member who hasn't even touched the practice field yet is already getting attention for his political statements. Winning gets a person some leeway, but this is a time when no-one has been getting leeway, least of all a new coordinator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Del Rio made an unpopular political statement. No more to say on the details of it here, but it's annoying that when the team is being scrutinized the most, a high profile staff member who hasn't even touched the practice field yet is already getting attention for his political statements. Winning gets a person some leeway, but this is a time when no-one has been getting leeway, least of all a new coordinator.

Love Del Rio.  Unpopular in a Drew Brees kinda way.

• Like 1