Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Great, the fired Panther migration to DC continues.  Its super concerning to me to just copy a team that didnt even make the playoffs in most of their seasons.  I guess we trade one cronyism for another...

“Most” of their seasons? In Rivera’s 9 seasons with the panthers, they made the playoffs 4 times, failed to make the playoffs 5 times. 1 more time not making it than making it doesn’t equal “most”. 

Yeah got to side with the sceptics here. Only one year as the director at the college level. Fired. Now here as director at pro level. 

To be fair I have no idea if this will be a good move or not.

Maybe all a bit too ‘easy’ though. Not very imaginative.

Hell, maybe we aren’t that appealing right now.

• Like 1

I have been sceptical and will stay that way. People just get jobs because they know Rivera. We might have a gem in Kyle but the guys he works with are all from Rivera his days. I could not see that being a relaxed work environment. Would these guys go to Kyle or go around him to Ron. Kyle doesn't like a guy but the Carolina squad just gangs up and goes straight to Ron. 

It just creates a natural disorder between "Skins" and "Carolina" guys. 

I trust Ron and his plans but why copy what you had? Two guys are fired and 48 hours later we hire them in high positions... There was no discussion if they where the right guys for the job. The best guys. 

• Thanks 1

The leeway I give Ron is that the Redskins FO quite easily could have been toxic from top to bottom, and the only way to root it all out is to nuke it all. I just really don't like drawing everyone from the same pool. We mocked the Tampa Bay connections, now we're doing it from a different team in the same division. Both staffs had even been to a Super Bowl lol

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

There was no discussion if they where the right guys for the job. The best guys. 

I'm not saying the outcome is correct or not, but I guarantee that many discussions were had and a portfolio created of personnel guys likely to hit the market post-draft. The timing is a month or two late, yeah, but I don't think it's fair to say that no homework was done. 

We don't know how appealing a VP-type position in this FO is on the open market. People know that the team is bad, Snyder sucks to work for, and the HC has ultimate power over anyone on the player personnel side. Aspiring GM's that want to run a team someday aren't coming here with this setup, not blind, which is why many of us hope we got lucky with Kyle Smith already being here and hope he and Rivera form a Carrol/Schneider type relationship. 

But for all we know when it comes to qualified personnel execs, the only ones who aren't nobodies who believe in the situation enough to want to come work under the HC are those already loyal to him and knowledgeable about the relationships he builds. Rivera is gonna have to show he has at least turned the thing around and is about to hit the gas pedal if he wants to draw real talent on the personnel side when no power is being offered to them imo. So we get "his guys" for now and hope Kyle Smith and future guys developed in-house are studs. 

• Like 1

Just read his bio.  He has a resume.  Was area scout for Seattle from 2000-2001, moved to the Pro Personnel Dept in Seattle from 2002-2004, was back out on the road as a scout in 2005-20011 with Seattle also.  When he left he was the Asst Director of College Scouting.  Buccaneers hire him as Director of College Scouting 2012-2014.  Was Assistant GM with the Dolphins in 2014-2015.  Joined the Panthers as a scout in 2016.  Won the Fitz Pollard Most Outstanding Scout Award in 2018, was promoted to Regional Dir of College Scouting 2018 and Director of College Scouting in 2019.  Just about everywhere he has gone, he has worked his way up.  He is young, only 46 to have 20 years experience, and a lot of it at the Director Level at multiple teams.  So he is not just a whim hire.  Sounds like Rivera found out he was canned, and wanted him, and they had to create somewhere.  They already committed to Kyle Smith.  So they got rid of Santos and Mann to get Stokes, and he brings Warren.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

Just read his bio.  He has a resume.  Was area scout for Seattle from 2000-2001, moved to the Pro Personnel Dept in Seattle from 2002-2004, was back out on the road as a scout in 2005-20011 with Seattle also.  When he left he was the Asst Director of College Scouting.  Buccaneers hire him as Director of College Scouting 2012-2014.  Was Assistant GM with the Dolphins in 2014-2015.  Joined the Panthers as a scout in 2016.  Won the Fitz Pollard Most Outstanding Scout Award in 2018, was promoted to Regional Dir of College Scouting 2018 and Director of College Scouting in 2019.  Just about everywhere he has gone, he has worked his way up.  He is young, only 46 to have 20 years experience, and a lot of it at the Director Level at multiple teams.  So he is not just a whim hire.  Sounds like Rivera found out he was canned, and wanted him, and they had to create somewhere.  They already committed to Kyle Smith.  So they got rid of Santos and Mann to get Stokes, and he brings Warren.

True, although his resume also has a fair amount of demotions as well. Guess we will have to wait and see

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

I think its definitely Kyle Smith or Jack Del Rio getting fired for stuff unrelated to football.

I could see that, but what would make a reporter sit on that information? I was thinking player health related possibly. Just trying to imagine scenarios where a reporter has news to break but doesn’t do it. 

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I could see that, but what would make a reporter sit on that information? I was thinking player health related possibly. Just trying to imagine scenarios where a reporter has news to break but doesn’t do it. 

It's out of respect to whomever is involved. For something of significance, it shouldn't be a reporter breaking the news. 

Which really scares me about what it may be.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It's out of respect to whomever is involved. For something of significance, it shouldn't be a reporter breaking the news. 

Which really scares me about what it may be.

We have media outlets almost on a daily basis trying to beat one another to the punch on scoops, usually with really, really, really bad results... and they keep doing it, anyway, even after they make payouts for their mistakes. I have a feeling this is related to someone’s health, but even then there’s usually RUMINT surrounding it.

• Like 1

Just now, ntotoro said:

We have media outlets almost on a daily basis trying to beat one another to the punch on scoops, usually with really, really, really bad results... and they keep doing it, anyway, even after they make payouts for their mistakes. I have a feeling this is related to someone’s health, but even then there’s usually RUMINT surrounding it.

Different times. No one's allowed to just hang around and see things with their own eyes. It's why Harmon's injury was so easily kept under wraps. 

Just now, PigskinRedskin said:

Yeah I can see Del Rio getting fired. Didn't he have some interactions on Twitter that were questionable?

It's been beaten to death, the whole situation with JDR, but I will say, if he does get fired because of it, I'll be really disappointed in not just the Redskins but the NFL in general. 

Just now, Califan007 said:

Alex Santos, the other guy, and Dianna Russini had a threesome because she wanted to get the inside scoop on the new team name...Scotty M's wife will send out a tweet about it within the next 45 minutes.

That's it, that's all I got lol...

A Menage A Santos?

• Haha 1

Yeah I can see Del Rio getting fired. Didn't he have some interactions on Twitter that were questionable?

He did.

Although this feels a bit different than that.

serious injury or health matter seems likely.

or we’ve traded/cut a fan favourite.

or signed AB which may also be quite unpopular.

This list is endless around these parts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

It's been beaten to death, the whole situation with JDR, but I will say, if he does get fired because of it, I'll be really disappointed in not just the Redskins but the NFL in general. 

My apologies, haven't been on in awhile, just putting it out there. 

Even though it's not in the right spot, Philly announced no fans allowed to attend home games all year.

That's hilarious!! Now how are they gonna boo visitor injuries??

My apologies, haven't been on in awhile, just putting it out there. 

It's all good. It would just be really sad that that's all it takes to get fired and have your career in jeopardy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1