Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I’m so excited to announce that I wrote a book and it’s coming out in August 2022, titled ‘Surviving Washington.’ Now every experience I’ve ever had has made me a better husband, a better father and a better player. But I want you to take this journey with me, as I walk you through one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports. I’m going to tell you the truth about what happened in that playoff game in 2012 against Seattle. I’m going to detail the medical mismanagement that I received during my time in Washington. I’m going to open your eyes to the sexual harassment that permeated the walls of that building and give you a deep dive into a power struggle between one of the most powerful coaches in all of sports and an owner that many of you want gone.”

Griffin's statement above.  

Pulp Fiction Allow Me To Retort GIF - Pulp Fiction Allow Me To Retort  Samuel Jackson - Discover & Share GIFs

Now every experience I’ve ever had has made me a better husband, a better father

Yeah.  You married your College girlfriend (Rebecca Liddicoat, if I'm not mistaken, and God why do I remember her name), had a child with her, had an OPEN AND BLATANT AFFAIR with an instagram "influencer," almost taunting your current wife before leaving her and marrying the new girl.  I'm not sure what experience led you to be so unbelievably self absorbed, so self un-aware, and such a failure of a human being that you would openly flaunt your new sidepiece on Instagram WHILE YOU WERE STILL MARRIED.  I get that things don't always work out, but that whole spectacle was rather off-putting. The true icing on the cake is Griffin filed for divorce, and in his divorce filing, he gave reasons such as irreconcilable differences between him and his ex-wife to cover up his infidelity. I mean COME ON.  

Also, from my understanding, you don't have anything to do with your first child because your ex-wife has sole custody, and from what I understand, won't let you within 3 states of the two of them. 

Now, I guess it's possible after mistreatment of wife #1, IS the experience he is talking about which has made him a better husband for wife #2.  I am sure we will hear all about his transgressions and infidelity in his book and how he grew from them to be a better husband and father.  

and a better player.

You purposely sabotaged your career by running out the coaching staff which was committed to you, and designed an entire offense around you in order to make you succesful.

Then you failed in Cleveland.

Then you failed in Baltimore.  

After one magical season, you were a horrendously terrible football player who couldn't stay healthy.  

The "experience" you had blew up your career.

But I want you to take this journey with me, as I walk you through one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports.

All Washington Football fans already know this is/was one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports. I'm not sure what more can be said.  We KNOW the owner picked you over Shanahan. 

Also, FWIW, Cooley said that Mike Shanahan has on tape somewhere the meeting where Griffin walked in and told the coaching staff what plays he would run.  Because Mike taped the meeting rooms.  I don't know if that's true, but if it is, I think Mike should release the tape.  

I’m going to tell you the truth about what happened in that playoff game in 2012 against Seattle. I’m going to detail the medical mismanagement that I received during my time in Washington.

So, a several things: 

1. It isn't hard to believe there was medical mismanagement with Washington.  

2. Mike and Kyle were more than willing to play Kirk to start the Seattle Game if Griffin couldn't go.  

3. There is audio of Griffin covering up his injury and telling Trent Williams how badly hurt he was but he wasn't coming out of the game. There's no getting around it: Griffin lied to his coaches and medical staff about his situation. 

3.5 Mike should have pulled him from the game anyway because anybody with 2 eyes and half a brain knew it wasn't going to end well.  

4. There are 30 ways Griffin could have avoided his ACL injury himself by being honest and upfront.  But he was SO completely terrified of Cousins taking his job, and not being the star, he didn't take any of them.

5.  He came up with the "All in for week 1."  Mike wanted to start Griffin on PUP and give him 6 more weeks to heal.  But Griffin wouldn't have it.  That's on him. 

I’m going to open your eyes to the sexual harassment that permeated the walls of that building and give you a deep dive into a power struggle between one of the most powerful coaches in all of sports and an owner that many of you want gone.”

If you know about the sexual harassment and did nothing about it, you were part of the problem.  

The last part there, I wouldn't mind hearing his take on the power struggle between Mike and Dan.  I don't believe it will be objective, and the "owner that many of you want gone" indicates he's going to defend Dan.  I think he's mis-calculating how that is going to play.  

Drop The Mic Mic Drop GIF - Drop The Mic Mic Drop - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Did Dan make sexual advances towards RG3?!?

Grete is Griffin's current wife, yes?  I mean, if he WAS sexually harassed, that would be news.  And men CAN be sexually harassed.  So that is interesting.  

I wonder.... Here's a SUPER DUPER TIN FOIL HAT theory:

Dan and Robert are still close.  

Dan slides some cash under the table to Robert.  Robert writes a book exposing Bruce as being at the center of the sexual harassment scandal and culture problems, including some personal allegations against Bruce.  Robert is keen to do it as long as Mike is collateral damage.  Dan loves it.  Dan gives Robert any information he needs in order to put more bad stuff out about Bruce.  They go to hooters together.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Grete is Griffin's current wife, yes?  I mean, if he WAS sexually harassed, that would be news.  And men CAN be sexually harassed.  So that is interesting.  

Dan slides some cash under the table to Robert.  Robert writes a book exposing Bruce as being at the center of the sexual harassment scandal and culture problems, including some personal allegations against Bruce.  Robert is keen to do it as long as Mike is collateral damage.  Dan loves it.  Dan gives Robert any information he needs in order to put more bad stuff out about Bruce.  They go to hooters together.  

That's an unbelievable, ****ed up QAnon type conspiracy theory you've cooked up right there VOR. Man, I so hope it's true.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think that's very far from the truth. My prediction is that RG's book will claim that Bruce Allen is bi and sexually harassed him. How else could a multimillion dollar QB be 'harassed' in the first place, when he was treated like a God in the locker room?

But I wouldn't trust anything RG3 says in the first place...the guy clearly has a history of selfishness, entitlement, and dishonesty.

Wasn't there an article recently that claimed his Baylor teammates hated his guts?

Side topic: What was the publisher thinking? Who's the audience for this book? Who's buying it?

I don't think the RGIII market is that big. It sure isn't a stocking stuffer for Redskins' fans. I know I won't be buying it anyway. Is there really a hunger for a tell all book about a college phenom who did nothing in the pros?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

But I wouldn't trust anything RG3 says in the first place...the guy clearly has a history of selfishness, entitlement, and dishonesty.

For that same reason I tend to believe that the guy is prone of doing and saying something stupid that will just backfires on him or Dan.

So, I'm fine with him releasing his book, it probably won't end up well for both of them.

As Thom Loverro suggested in his last article about it, the Congress should take Griffin in front of him. That would be really fun, because as Loverro said, Griffin probably doesn't have signed and NDA with the team.

Edited by Wildbunny

20 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Griffin's statement above.  

Pulp Fiction Allow Me To Retort GIF - Pulp Fiction Allow Me To Retort  Samuel Jackson - Discover & Share GIFs

Yeah.  You married your College girlfriend (Rebecca Liddicoat, if I'm not mistaken, and God why do I remember her name), had a child with her, had an OPEN AND BLATANT AFFAIR with an instagram "influencer," almost taunting your current wife before leaving her and marrying the new girl.  I'm not sure what experience led you to be so unbelievably self absorbed, so self un-aware, and such a failure of a human being that you would openly flaunt your new sidepiece on Instagram WHILE YOU WERE STILL MARRIED.  I get that things don't always work out, but that whole spectacle was rather off-putting. The true icing on the cake is Griffin filed for divorce, and in his divorce filing, he gave reasons such as irreconcilable differences between him and his ex-wife to cover up his infidelity. I mean COME ON.  

Also, from my understanding, you don't have anything to do with your first child because your ex-wife has sole custody, and from what I understand, won't let you within 3 states of the two of them. 

Now, I guess it's possible after mistreatment of wife #1, IS the experience he is talking about which has made him a better husband for wife #2.  I am sure we will hear all about his transgressions and infidelity in his book and how he grew from them to be a better husband and father.  

You purposely sabotaged your career by running out the coaching staff which was committed to you, and designed an entire offense around you in order to make you succesful.

Then you failed in Cleveland.

Then you failed in Baltimore.  

After one magical season, you were a horrendously terrible football player who couldn't stay healthy.  

The "experience" you had blew up your career.

All Washington Football fans already know this is/was one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports. I'm not sure what more can be said.  We KNOW the owner picked you over Shanahan. 

Also, FWIW, Cooley said that Mike Shanahan has on tape somewhere the meeting where Griffin walked in and told the coaching staff what plays he would run.  Because Mike taped the meeting rooms.  I don't know if that's true, but if it is, I think Mike should release the tape.  

So, a several things: 

1. It isn't hard to believe there was medical mismanagement with Washington.  

2. Mike and Kyle were more than willing to play Kirk to start the Seattle Game if Griffin couldn't go.  

3. There is audio of Griffin covering up his injury and telling Trent Williams how badly hurt he was but he wasn't coming out of the game. There's no getting around it: Griffin lied to his coaches and medical staff about his situation. 

3.5 Mike should have pulled him from the game anyway because anybody with 2 eyes and half a brain knew it wasn't going to end well.  

4. There are 30 ways Griffin could have avoided his ACL injury himself by being honest and upfront.  But he was SO completely terrified of Cousins taking his job, and not being the star, he didn't take any of them.

5.  He came up with the "All in for week 1."  Mike wanted to start Griffin on PUP and give him 6 more weeks to heal.  But Griffin wouldn't have it.  That's on him. 

If you know about the sexual harassment and did nothing about it, you were part of the problem.  

The last part there, I wouldn't mind hearing his take on the power struggle between Mike and Dan.  I don't believe it will be objective, and the "owner that many of you want gone" indicates he's going to defend Dan.  I think he's mis-calculating how that is going to play.  

Drop The Mic Mic Drop GIF - Drop The Mic Mic Drop - Discover & Share GIFs

6A754912-3022-4CF0-BC5D-9722B08D62FA.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I don't think that's very far from the truth. My prediction is that RG's book will claim that Bruce Allen is bi and sexually harassed him. How else could a multimillion dollar QB be 'harassed' in the first place, when he was treated like a God in the locker room?

Wasn't there an article recently that claimed his Baylor teammates hated his guts?

I kindof think the reality is more that somebody made some off-hand lewd comment about his junk in the locker room, and he is still offended by it, and that he's going to blame Mike for it.  

I guess it's possible he was so disliked in the locker room after 2013 that he was harassed in the locker room by a variety of players, over and over.  But we didn't hear ANYTHING about that.  I have to think if he was really not liked in the locker room, and he was being given a hard time, it would have come out by now.  

Neither of these things are good, and if they happened, that's bad and unfortunate.  

However, I think he's going to try and pin it on Mike, most likely. Maybe Bruce.  Not Dan.  Dan always protected him.  Bruce was kidnof a puppet until Mike got fired.  Mike was (for reasons that I will never understand) the enemy.  

I would kindof love my tin foil hat theory of Dan playing off Griffin to leak **** about Bruce.  But more likely than not, he's going to say one of the guys said something mean to him, it hurt his feelings, and it was Mike and Kyle's fault.  

• Like 2

I would think that this will burn any jobs he hopes to get with the NFL in the future. Like a commentator or something of that nature.

I would include coaching here, but he is not the type to put his nose in a playbook to learn it, much less coaching a system of plays for younger guys. He’s in his early 30’s and is willing to burn a bridge that his career has been built on. Although, the bridge is probably up on stilts and has a really bad infestation of termites.

41 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I would think that this will burn any jobs he hopes to get with the NFL in the future. Like a commentator or something of that nature.

I would include coaching here, but he is not the type to put his nose in a playbook to learn it, much less coaching a system of plays for younger guys. He’s in his early 30’s and is willing to burn a bridge that his career has been built on. Although, the bridge is probably up on stilts and has a really bad infestation of termites.

He’s got college football announcing now. He doesn’t care. 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

The only thing Bob is going to accomplish with this is to make himself look like an even bigger douche.

Which is quite the accomplishment in itself......

But whatever

He and Chris Crisco can sit around consoling each other about their failed book sales and how they were sabotaged by "the man"

On 12/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think he's mis-calculating how that is going to play.  

Griffin, miscalculating the effect his personality and attitude are going to have?! GET RIGHT OUT OF TOWN!

Mild Shock Shocked GIF - Mild Shock Shock Shocked - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, Catatonic said:

The only thing Bob is going to accomplish with this is to make himself look like an even bigger douche.

He's already done that.

• Haha 3