Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was memorable. You nailed Gibson too. Kirks a good one and it's all I got lol.

lol, I think we've all nailed prospects here.  But its always fun when they take a player that you love. 

On Gibson, he was on my short list of "my guys" .  I recall i along with @KDawg who also was a big fan of Gibson had to explain to some on either the Gibson thread or the draft day thread after we took him (don't recall which thread) that they didn't bomb that pick as some were saying and that Gibson is a good player and they will love him.   

This draft (knock on wood) should be an easy one for me because there are so many players I like in the expected range of our picks where I am not really hardcore for this guy over another guy in this draft.   So I doubt I will be upset but I am probably jinxing it.  :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I think we've all nailed prospects here.  But its always fun when they take a player that you love. 

On Gibson, he was on my short list of "my guys" .  I recall i along with @KDawg who also was a big fan of Gibson had to explain to some on either the Gibson thread or the draft day thread after we took him (don't recall which thread) that they didn't bomb that pick as some were saying and that Gibson is a good player and they will love him.   

This draft (knock on wood) should be an easy one for me because there are so many players I like in the expected range of our picks where I am not really hardcore for this guy over another guy in this draft.   So I doubt I will be upset but I am probably jinxing it.  :ols:

This year is so much more fun than getting the best player immediately and then sitting around waiting for a long time. Not that I'm complaining about Chase and Gibson. :ols: 

I would love to see us not draft in the second round again though. Poor kid. 

• Like 1

The things that I'm interested in this draft is I think over the last ~5 years, we've really gotten use to the way Kyle Smith drafts, and now with him gone and an entirely new set of decision makers in place, is this draft going to just "feel" different in some way.  Or maybe are they going to approach the draft differently, so there might be some more surprises.  

I'm not a college football guy, so I rarely have anything interesting to say in the draft thread.  The only one thing I will say is I hope to hell while they stick with the "best player available" mantra they address LB in some meaningful way.  And that doesn't mean a 3rd or 4th round "role playing" guy, or a 5+ round flyer.  I want a seriously gifted athlete who can be an immediate upgrade, specifically to the run defense.  In order to be a great defense, you have to win on first down to force teams to throw on second and third.  And that means stopping the run and defending the short pass. 2 things which require good LBs.  Which we weren't really good at last year.  

I rank that higher than tackle, TE or even QB right now.  Though obviously if you have a chance to draft a franchise QB, you take it. 

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This year is so much more fun than getting the best player immediately and then sitting around waiting for a long time. Not that I'm complaining about Chase and Gibson. :ols: 

Yeah as far as second rounders I was really high on Derrius Guice.  What a disappointment he ended up being.  He definitely flashed in his short stints but the injuries and much worse than that the character issues -- awful.

Usually I am fixated on a few players.  I recall you were with me on Fitzpatrick and Derwin James.  I whined a lot about Derwin when we didn't take him :ols: but I was just as obsessed with Fitzpatrick.  I liked but didn't love Payne -- thought Vea would be better but Vea was taken before Payne so it was a moot point, ditto Fitzpatrick.   But that draft for example I had some really specific players I wanted. 

I wasn't really hung up on a player in 2019 but i was somewhat obsessed with not drafting Daniel Jones or Dwayne Haskins.  

In the 2017 I did love Dalvin Cook.  I recall the debates here about his character and fumbles.  I was big on Jonathan Allen, I recall when there were rumors about him falling I said I'd trade up for him.  Thankfully, they didn't trade up because obviously they didn't need to.  Allen dropping in the draft was one of my all time favorite draft experiences.  I was stunned by it. 

I sadly did like Josh Doctson.  I was wrong about him.  i was happy with that pick in real time.

As for this draft if there is some wacky faller like in 2017 that would give me a jolt maybe Devonta Smith.  I've loved him for awhile.   Micah Parsons is freakish talent wise but his character issues makes me pause.    I am with the controversial Najee Harris crew here.  I know you are, too. :ols:   That would give me the biggest jolt and part of that is the shock that we'd actually take him because if RB is on their radar early they've done a nice job of smoke screening that.

• Haha 1

@Skinsinparadise Jonathan Allen, a top 5 projected pick (some top 3) falling to our pick at #19 when IDL was our biggest need, was also one of my biggest "damn" moments.

I thought we overdrafted Payne, mainly because some of the mocks had him falling to the 20's. Obviously both picks panned out quite nicely. I was also massively in on Guice, even to a point where I was pulling my hair out when we traded down in R2 and he was there, only to be stunned/elated when we got him at the end of R2. What a massive mistake that was. But he was so fun to root for until the real bad stuff came to the surface.

• Like 3

I've cooled on Harris a bit, but I'd be so stoked to get him. I'm "meh" on a tackle in round one. I want Collins and that's pretty much it. Moehrig is my second choice and Harris after that. I'd be cool with Horn and Surtain, JOK too I suppose but not really. I've come around on Parsons a bit. I think our culture is strong enough for him if he checks out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise Jonathan Allen, a top 5 projected pick (some top 3) falling to our pick at #19 when IDL was our biggest need, was also one of my biggest "damn" moments.

I thought we overdrafted Payne, mainly because some of the mocks had him falling to the 20's. Obviously both picks panned out quite nicely. I was also massively in on Guice, even to a point where I was pulling my hair out when we traded down in R2 and he was there, only to be stunned/elated when we got him at the end of R2. What a massive mistake that was. But he was so fun to root for until the real bad stuff came to the surface.

Washington drafted 17th that year, but was still so exciting! I couldn't fall asleep afterwards. 

• Haha 2

If nothing else Montez Sweat is getting some big time competition t in the WFTs annual basketball tournament.

Come to think of it Rivera would have been justified signing him for that reason alone.

In the next video he speaks two languages and at about the 1:55 mark he dribbles two balls like a young Curley Neal and at about the 10:00 mark he dominates a game of “heavy ball sand volleyball” among other feats. 

All highly translatable skills on the football field.  Yet another reason that we signed him!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Thanks 1

I think Jenkins is a sneaky possibility at 19.  IMO he's the best tackle left after Darrisaw who I think goes before 19

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/13/nfl-mock-draft-san-francisco-49ers-trey-lance

13. Los Angeles Chargers: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

Even after some offseason upgrades, there’s still a massive hole at left tackle for the Chargers. Darrisaw allowed 10 pressures in his entire career with the Hokies. Justin Herbert would appreciate the thought, even if he may also be interested in an offensive weapon to replace Hunter Henry.

14. Minnesota Vikings: Kwity Paye, edge, Michigan

Minnesota is good enough to legitimately make a run at the division this year, but needs a vintage performance from Mike Zimmer’s defense. In a shortened, four-game audition this year, Paye logged 17 hurries and 23 quarterback hits. Paye is the kind of field director who can unlock some of Minnesota’s floating parts defensively.

15. New England Patriots: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

Bill Belichick will stop the slide and give himself a potential top-five passer at No. 15. Fields will probably not make it this far. I’ve seen a few mock drafts with New England trading up to No. 8 and occupying Carolina’s spot in order to get him before the Broncos, but in my version Denver has traded up. Belichick’s relationship with Urban Meyer can’t necessarily serve him at this point now that Meyer is a competitor in the NFL, but there is little doubt he can get access to the truth on Fields, and what people really think about the dual-threat passer, who would be a fine stylistic complement to Cam Newton in New England.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama

If you’re going to run four-wide, make it DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, Devonta Smith and Christian Kirk. Hoo boy. Will one of the top receivers drop this far? Probably not, though I’m having a hard time rationalizing it any other way at this point. Arizona wants to strengthen a strength. The Cardinals want to outscore people on offense and turn the game over to their dominant edge guys on defense.

17. Las Vegas Raiders: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

At this point, it’s good sport to await the Raiders’ pick and hear the collective “…What?” from the audience. While the jury is still out on Clelin Ferrell and Damon Arnette, Parsons would give the Raiders a chance to plug in a linebacker who, out of this year’s top prospects, has one of the better coverage grades and some pass-rushing acumen to help Jon Gruden finally negate the loss of Khalil Mack. So far he’s scapegoated many of his problems on the defense, and Parsons is a chance to give Gus Bradley what he needs to operate.

18. Miami Dolphins: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU

The stronger Brian Flores’s team gets, the thinner its glaring weaknesses become. Safety might be one of them. Moehrig is talented and wildly athletic. He can play the slot a little bit and is entertaining as anything to watch when he locks onto someone in man coverage. With New England stockpiling tight ends and Buffalo running a similar system that preys on secondary mismatches, Moehrig can save the Bills from getting picked on.

19. Washington Football Team: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

I agree there are bigger needs, but if Washington hits on a left tackle, it’s locked down the best offensive and defensive lines in the league. That’s a dangerous thing for a veteran head coach and quarterback to have in a winnable division. Jenkins is fun to watch mostly because he wallops inferior opponents with regularity. He may end up a guard in the NFL, but it will be worth a shot to see if seasoned offensive line coach John Matsko can get the best out of him.

20. Chicago Bears: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

The rest of the football world expected an explosive move at quarterback from Ryan Pace. He instead pats his stomach contently and says, “gimme Andy Dalton and a good cornerback.” In all seriousness, I could see the Bears getting their QB in Round 2 or 3.

21. Indianapolis Colts: Jaelan Phillips, edge, Miami

If teams can get past the fact that he retired from football due to a slew of injuries, only to storm back into the game’s consciousness after a stellar final year in Miami (14.5 tackles for loss, eight sacks, 22 hurries and 17 QB hits in 10 games), Phillips seems like a player who could have gone in the top 10 in another universe had certain things broken his way. He is a natural fit for Matt Eberflus’s 4–3 defense on a roster that just lost a great deal of talent.

22. Tennessee Titans: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

The fastest cornerback in the draft, Stokes allowed a 38% opposing quarterback completion rate during his final year with the Bulldogs. Stokes can man the outside comfortably and has man/zone versatility, which will serve him well in the Titans’ versatile defense. Tennessee lost a lot of talent in the secondary this offseason, and the rebuild begins here. They Titans have had a good amount of contact with Stokes throughout the process.

23. New York Jets (via Seahawks): Azeez Ojulari, edge, Georgia

I don’t know who the Jets will draft with their second first-round pick, but I do have a very strong feeling it’s going to be a pass rusher, something you might be able to take to the bank. Maybe it’ll be Gregory Rousseau or Rashad Weaver here. I like Ojulari, who had 12.5 tackles for loss his senior year and 8.5 sacks. There’s a really good chance he’ll be gone by now, since he fits the profile of a top-caliber edge rusher so well. Kirby Smart told reporters recently that Ojulari is the player scouts have asked him the most about over the past few months.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

The Steelers are just going to draft a pass-rushing linebacker, but let’s pretend for a moment that teams draft based on dire need. Cosmi is part of this quietly deep offensive line class that, while not as fun to talk about as the wide receiver class, could have some far-reaching ramifications. Pittsburgh desperately needs to repair its offensive line and has not replenished the unit in the first round since 2012 when it took David DeCastro out of Stanford. Now, you can do this when you also find players like Kelvin Beachum in the seventh round. But I think the value matches up here.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Rams): Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa

The Jaguars have their pick of the defensive line class and they need to hit it big. New defensive coordinator Joe Cullen said at his opening press conference how important it was to stop the run because, “A lot of people say it's a throwing league, but if it’s second-and-three and third-and-one all day, you are not going to have the opportunity to get after the quarterback.” Nixon, statistically, is the better of the run-stoppers at the top of this class.

26. Cleveland Browns: Jayson Oweh, edge, Penn State

I think I lean Oweh over Rousseau here because of the impending Jadeveon Clowney signing. This would give Cleveland some time to sand off the rawness in Oweh’s game and utilize him only in ideal pass-rushing situations early in his career, much like the Giants did with Jason Pierre-Paul. While I wasn’t personally blown away by some of his game film against top-tier opponents, there is little doubt that his athleticism merits consideration.

It’s a more complicated question than you might think. I’ve heard countless times this draft season that scouts and executives prefer a more finished product and that prospects like Oweh might struggle to rise like they would have in the past. Clowney’s presence, along with the signing of Takk McKinley this offseason, mitigates that risk.

27. Baltimore Ravens: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

Baltimore can stand pat and get one of the premier wideouts in this class. The Chase/Waddle/Smith grouping gets all the hype because of the oversaturated AAU nature of the SEC, but Bateman was putting an entire offense on his back in Minnesota. His blocking talent is more than adequate, which helps with Baltimore’s downhill running game. He is equally effective against man and zone coverage.

28. New Orleans Saints: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue

I had a tough time picking between Moore and someone like Asante Samuel Jr. here, but it comes down to New Orleans’s clear pivot to a more positionless offense with Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston (unless the Saints make a huge trade up for a quarterback, in which case, please disregard). Moore can be a difference maker for the Saints. He can line up in the backfield and, along with Alvin Kamara, create a dizzying array of backfield orbit motions to puzzle defenses. Had Drew Brees not retired, I probably would have leaned cornerback.

29. Green Bay Packers: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

Surprise! Not a wide receiver. But I think Aaron Rodgers would agree that some defensive deficiencies (as well as some game-planning complications) led to their most recent collapse as much as anything. Owusu-Koramoah would give the Packers a player who can cover hybrid athletes. Last year at Notre Dame, he was targeted 26 times in the passing game and allowed just 13 completions. His sack numbers aren’t overwhelming, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a special ancillary blitzer.

30. Buffalo Bills: Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern

It’s value here. Perhaps Buffalo would lean edge here, or maybe look for another weapon to help buoy the offense, like a top-tier running back or some help on the interior of the offensive line. I think a third cornerback bolsters them against the best offenses they’ll face in 2021, while also protecting them against the Patriots and Dolphins, both of whom upgraded at pass-catcher this offseason.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame

The Chiefs’ outside pass protection is still a bit of a disaster, even if Mike Remmers and Andrew Wylie got too much of the blame from their Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay. Still, the Chiefs need offensive line talent in the pipeline and Eichenberg, who didn’t allow a single sack of quarterback Ian Book last year, fits the bill nicely.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State

I’m taking a flier here, given that it would produce a lot of bad feature stories about Tom Brady playing with both Asante Samuel and Asante Samuel Jr. What!? He’s old! Wow! I would say corner is a safe place to spend your pick equity if you’re considered a “complete” defense. Samuel can develop into a fine player for Todd Bowles, helping him continue building what was a Super Bowl–winning unit from a year ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've cooled on Harris a bit, but I'd be so stoked to get him. I'm "meh" on a tackle in round one. I want Collins and that's pretty much it. Moehrig is my second choice and Harris after that. I'd be cool with Horn and Surtain, JOK too I suppose but not really. I've come around on Parsons a bit. I think our culture is strong enough for him if he checks out. 

Collins and to some extent Jamin Davis have a ton of variance as for mocks.   More so than some other prospects I follow.  I've seen Jamin in the teens before our pick on occasion.  I've also seen him in the late first and the 2nd round.  Ditto with Collins.   On average I see Collins in the late first.  Does it mean something?  I don't know.  Will see. 

But judging by mocks it seems like there are more consistent thoughts from draftniks about Parsons and JOK.

I wouldn't hate any of those 4 LBs being taken at 19.  I'd prefer Parsons or JOK if I had my choice over Jamin or Collins.   

I am definitely not on the same page with you as for "meh" when it comes to left tackle.  That's the spot I want.  Dominate the trenches.  😀

• Like 4

If we can't go QB I am all for going O-line. I want us to dominate the trenches. Darrisaw is, like everyone I guess, my semi-realistic #1 wish at 19 - but I don't think he'll be there. I agree with SIP though. Jenkins would be a great pick as well if he can play LT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for this draft if there is some wacky faller like in 2017 that would give me a jolt maybe Devonta Smith.  I've loved him for awhile.   Micah Parsons is freakish talent wise but his character issues makes me pause.    I am with the controversial Najee Harris crew here.  I know you are, too. :ols:   That would give me the biggest jolt and part of that is the shock that we'd actually take him because if RB is on their radar early they've done a nice job of smoke screening that.

My worry is the guys who I want to fall all have concerns with the exception of Najee (whom I don't think is a great pick considering our other needs). Parsons has character issues and Smith is just one of those scrawny guys you aren't sure can handle the rigors of an NFL season. I think Darrisaw is the only potential faller that I'd be 100% confident in.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Collins and to some extent Jamin Davis have a ton of variance as for mocks.   More so than some other prospects I follow.  I've seen Jamin in the teens before our pick on occasion.  I've also seen him in the late first and the 2nd round.  Ditto with Collins.   On average I see Collins in the late first.  Does it mean something?  I don't know.  Will see. 

But judging by mocks it seems like there are more consistent thoughts from draftniks about Parsons and JOK.

I wouldn't hate any of those 4 LBs being taken at 19.  I'd prefer Parsons or JOK if I had my choice over Jamin or Collins.   

I am definitely not on the same page with you as for "meh" when it comes to left tackle.  That's the spot I want.  Dominate the trenches.  😀

LT is the hot pick, but outside of Jenkins and Darrisaw, I'd rather not. I'll "meh" the pick and then be happy about it down the road. :ols:

I've been banging the table for a real MLB and a real FS for a decade and we're so freaking close to making that happen. The defense is close to being seriously special. Year 2 of a JDR D is generally the 2nd best or so. 

I enjoy reading the enthusiasm from Nystrom about Koramoah.  The Lavonte David comparison is weird and off point IMO.  But some of his other points IMO are on the money.

I think my initial hesitation about Koramoah was I read he was next in the line of Simmons and Derwin James, etc.  It felt forced to me.   Then I watched a couple of games that weren't his best.  But then I watched him some more and wow.  The dude IMO isn't a poor man's Derwin James as I was predisposed to think.  I think he is in the same sphere as a talent.

Ben Standig said asking around with personnel people in the league, some are really high on Koramoah, one telling him he's the best defensive player in the draft in their opinion.

If we drafted him, I'd bet he'd quickly become a fan favorite.  He has rock star level talent IMO.   Smart dude, too.  He could have gone to Yale. 

I keep saying I am not tied to a guy at 19 but as we get closer Koramoah is heating up for me.   :ols:  He might be my slowest burn draft man crush of all time.  Usually they hit me fast.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/rankings/2021-nfl-draft-lb-rankings

1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame) | 6'1/221

Comp: Lavonte David

RAS: 8.71

Owusu-Koramoah, a two-year starter, functioned as the Rover in Clark Lea’s defense, with linebacker and slot responsibilities. As a junior in 2020, "Wu" was named ACC Defensive Player of the Year and awarded the Butkus Award (nation’s top linebacker). A first-team AP All-American, Owusu-Koramoah was also a finalist for the Bednarik Award and Nagurski Trophy.

Owusu-Koramoah doesn’t have the frame of a traditional off-ball linebacker, but thinking of him as an off-ball linebacker is as instructive as thinking of Kyle Pitts as a tight end. Wu is this draft’s premier defensive chess piece, a LB/S/slot hybrid.

Owusu-Koramoah has 33-inch arms -- the exact same length as OT Rashawn Slater, and longer than 6-foot-4, 305-pound teammate Robert Hainsey -- along with a 78 1/8” wingspan (the same length as 6-foot-3 WR Terrace Marshall Jr. and one-eighth of an inch shorter than 6-foot-6 QB Trevor Lawrence).

Wu plays like Sonic the Hedgehog with long arms, full-bore at breakneck-speed. Always. Supremely comfortable in the box despite his frame, Owusu-Koramoah can reach any ball-carrier headed outside the tackles before they get any fancy ideas of punching the gas pedal upfield.

When he reaches his target, they become a crash-test dummy, Owusu-Koramoah transferring speed-to-power like a thermo-reactor through the target’s midsection. Wu forced five fumbles over the last two years, recovering four.

The Athletic’s Pete Sampson was so taken by the quick-twitch violence of Wu's “head-snapping hits” that Sampson posed a half-joke/half-solicitation in a column seeking a physics professor to explain how he was doing it. 

Incredibly (or predictably, depending on how you look at it), Sampson quickly received a detailed response from a physics professor at the United States Naval Academy that had graduated from Notre Dame, PJ Moran, as Sampson retold in a column entitled, “Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame’s physics marvel, and the science of hitting.” Moran’s three components of tackling: size, speed and fearlessness/impulse.

Moran defined fearlessness as “knowing the technique to launch into a tackle, and having the guts to do it”, transferring as much force as effectively possible. When Wu hits the “truck stick” -- as Owusu-Koramoah himself describes it -- he doesn’t hesitate nor slow down. Wu says he speeds up pre-collision when he sees his opponent’s eyes.

Moran’s equation: force x time = mass (velocity pre-hit - velocity post-hit)

“Because he is so fast and has significant mass, he brings enormous momentum into the collision, resulting in a big change in momentum for the poor RB,” Moran wrote. “But he also delivers his tackles unbelievably quickly, faster than any guy I’ve ever seen. If we solve for force in that equation, we see that … the more quickly the hit is delivered, the greater the force applied.”

Hilariously, Owusu-Koramoah was asked about Moran’s equation. He responded: “I didn’t really understand the equation, but it’s all good, I know it ended with me hitting someone else.” How can you not love this kid? (See below video for an ESPN College GameDay feature on Sampson’s story and Moran’s equation).

Owusu-Koramoah can get taken out of plays when linemen engage, but he has a few tools to prevent that once they’re on the doorstep -- the agility to evade in short quarters and the length to create space before shedding. .

This quick-trigger style frequently gets him out of early-play trouble and to his spot, but there are instances of Wu eliminating himself from a play by charging upfield too quickly or opening up cut-back lanes by taking the long road around a blocker. 

Owusu-Koramoah is most impressive in coverage. Not many hybrid players in this vein legitimately cover tight ends or slot receivers like a defensive back -- Wu does.

Frequently deployed out of the slot in South Bend, Wu allowed an NFL passer rating of only 77.3 last fall over 34 targets. He had as many interceptions and defensive touchdowns (one apiece) as touchdown receptions allowed (also one) over his career.

Owusu-Koramoah is a pest in coverage, because he can’t be shaken, he isn’t affected by contact, and his length is a weapon at the catch point, using those long arms to poke at the ball. Wu is both heady and responsible in zone coverage and proficient dropping the blanket in man.

On passing downs where Wu isn’t dropping into coverage, he’s making the quarterback’s life hell on the blitz. Stresses the offensive line immediately off the snap with short-area explosion. Wu posted seven sacks and 24.5 TFL over the last two seasons.

One of my favorite prospects in the draft. This kid is going to be a star.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’d argue that we absolutely could use Smith and if he’s there at 19 I don’t know how you pass on him (depending what else is there).

Our receiver room is:

McLaurin

Samuel

then Humphries who is oft injured.

then... Sims/Harmon?

then AGG?

Our receiving corps is overall pretty weak still.

I totally agree with you about WR. But every time I try to get a full compliment of players to fill our needs, it seems that one is always left out of the equation when trying to move back a bit and pick up draft stock for next year QB. the way I see it, we want (in no particular order) OLT, OG, ILB, TE2, CB, FS, QB, WR and RB. That is 9 players, and groups of them are clustered in different rounds. Even if you are firing on all cylinders and luck is with you, it is hard to nail even 7 of these in 1 draft. So, if I had to choose 2 positions to go lite on, for me it would be WR or RB. 

I feel that I have just mocked a masterpiece here though! Again, in this beautiful mock, I am missing a WR. But I did trade up for an extra 1st, 4th and 6th in 2022 at the cost of 0ur 2022 3rd. Here goes: 

#28 Sam Cosmi LOT
#62 Aaron Robinson CB
#74 Quinn Meinerz OC/OG
#82 Tommy Tremble TE
#96 Chazz Surratt OLB
#124 Ar'Darius Washington FS

#163 Chubba Hubbard RB
#244 Shane Buechele QB 
+ 2022 NO 1st
+ 2022 IND 4th

+ 2022 NE 6th

I have come very close to duplicating this, but if this were our draft, I would celebrate. The only weakness we might have left would be WR2.

Please feel free to critique and give feedback, thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not sure if you are tongue-in-cheek, or not, but looking at the past 2nd round results, I hope they consider the Montez Sweat type trade. This year and next year's second round picks for a late first round this year.  Looking at Jax or Jets because they have multiple picks this year.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

For what he is and the specialization he brings, JOK could be a blue chip player in my opinion. He’s my #1 LB currently and yea he is under-sized but if you’re going to be small you better have fire and explosion with a hard nosed mentality and he has it. Plus, Darius Leonard plays at 215lbs for the colts and JOK was at 225lbs at his pro day IIRC. Give him the right role and responsibility and he can be a playmaker for us and a firecracker of a tone setter to go along with Chase and that defense. If we want our defense to be feared, he’s the piece in the draft that adds the most to that end IMO. 

• Like 5

Keim's podcast.  The first part was about Sammis Reyes via Logan Paulsen who worked out with him

Among the project types at TEs he was the one Paulsen was most excited about.

He reminds him of a more athletic Jimmy Graham.

He said he's really smart -- economics major.  Unlike some basketball TE converts who from his experience aren't always used to the physicality of the NFL, Reyes is really physical.  You can feel his power just by shaking his hand where he swallows you.  He's 260 pounds but with the frame to add even more if need be. 

He has everything you want at the position.  He said for example Thaddeus Moss who he studied didn't have any aspect to his game that made him excited.  Reyes on the other hand has freakish athleticism and smarts and is jazzed about his potential. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

19. Washington Football Team: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

I agree there are bigger needs, but if Washington hits on a left tackle, it’s locked down the best offensive and defensive lines in the league. That’s a dangerous thing for a veteran head coach and quarterback to have in a winnable division. Jenkins is fun to watch mostly because he wallops inferior opponents with regularity. He may end up a guard in the NFL, but it will be worth a shot to see if seasoned offensive line coach John Matsko can get the best out of him.

Wait, what?  No hate on the pick, just the justification.  So if we get a great LT, suddenly our "shrug emoji" offensive line is the best in the league?  Except this left tackle may just be a guard?

I'm so confused.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, illone said:

He has some Clinton Portis about him.  If he is available in the 4th that would be a steal!

Also, you think the ACC is weak competition? 👀

Who knows when he'll get drafted. Teams surprise me all the time. And as the old adage goes.... "All it takes is one person to fall in love with them."

Generally speaking, yes. And most of those highlights were against Duke.

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Wait, what?  No hate on the pick, just the justification.  So if we get a great LT, suddenly our "shrug emoji" offensive line is the best in the league?  Except this left tackle may just be a guard?

I'm so confused.

Same with AVT.

That's why you don't draft OT4. You get Harris.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I'm so confused.

PFF had us ranked as the #6 overall OL in the NFL after the end of 2020. I think "best in the league" could be a stretch but if we hit on a young stud LT (via trade or the draft) I could see them moving up to top 3 potentially.

• Like 1