Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

According to this chart Daz Newsome is right up there with Toney, Chase, Moore, etc. Yet when you do any sort of mock, he can be had in the 200+ pick range. Being from Carolina, I know the kid is awesome. What makes him drop off the map like that? Is there some sort of injury history or something? I can't seem to find any info.

He had a really bad pro day.  He's not the biggest guy yet he ran a 4.6, and didn't do hot on the other measurables either.   But other than that I am intrigued by him as a late rounder flier type.   There are so many freakish talent/athletes at slot during this draft -- that in contrast Newsome's poor measurables might hurt his draft status.

He's purely a slot guy.  Good as for contested catches/YAC.  I mentioned Amari Rodgers earlier today as being a good YAC guy after the first tier of YAC guys I like better  I'd put Newsome in the next tier after the Rodgers tier.  

Can return kicks, too.   He might not be fast but is shifty/quick.   He doesn't have the greatest hands -- has some drops.   You can see when he catches punts he's a bit of a body as opposed to hands catcher.  He botched a punt in one of the games I watched.  But he's a good punt returner. 

He can get open quickly in the flat -- a lot of quick out routes in the games I watched.  It seems like his moves are pretty repetitive.  He often just runs in a straight line and then darts a few yards to the left or the right of the CB covering him but he does it so quickly that it works for him.  Quick out and in routes.   Digs. Slants. Curls.  I think a good CB though might get a beat on him.  He doesn't come off to me as a sophisticated route runner like lets say R. Bateman. 

He catches the ball in stride without losing any speed -- I think that's a big reason why he's a good YAC guy.  They also use him in the backfield some which would fit our offense.  He's a willing run blocker.  I'd like him in the later rounds.    Though I am guessing they might not go for a slot WR and might be more in the business of an outside receiver everything being equal considering the current roster. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Just listened the Cooley's film breakdown of Justin Fields.  He does NOT love him.  He'd take him at 19 because of positional value, but he has him as a 2nd rounder.

Yea it was pretty disappointing to hear. He thought his accuracy was streaky (with lots of completions to guys wide open but inaccurate completions caught at the shins or behind), and slow footwork (which is something I see as well) and a good but not great arm. He didn’t hate him though. 

Remember though, Cooley absolutely hated Lamar Jackson and didn’t think he was a pro QB. Fields is a much better passer and has some of same athleticism and escapability. Plus, Fields has great intangibles and toughness.

I was encouraged in that if others feel the same he could slide to us. A redshirt year would do him good- I think he could develop into a special QB with some patience.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Yea it was pretty disappointing to hear. He thought his accuracy was streaky (with lots of completions to guys wide open but inaccurate completions caught at the shins or behind), and slow footwork (which is something I see as well) and a good but not great arm. He didn’t hate him though. 

Remember though, Cooley absolutely hated Lamar Jackson and didn’t think he was a pro QB. Fields is a much better passer and has some of same athleticism and escapability. Plus, Fields has great intangibles and toughness.

I was encouraged in that if others feel the same he could slide to us. A redshirt year would do him good- I think he could develop into a special QB with some patience.

On Galdi's podcast, the PFF analyst could not stop raving about him. Said that WFT fans should pray they can land Fields. In the PFF database, he ranks as a top 5 prospect over the past 5 years.

Personally, I'd take him if he is there at 19 but wouldn't give up real assets to move up to take him

12 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

God I hope Jones goes #3 to the 49ers. 

Fields, Lance, probably the #3 LT will be in reach with a reasonable trade up.

I do too because with Caleb Farley back in the mix, that pushes a QB further down the first round closer to #19. On that note, I figure we do one of three things:

1. Move up in the first if one of the top 5 falls for a reasonable trade-up. Some mocks have Jones falling to #20. Probably not likely.
2. Sit tight at our picks while maneuvering for a lower tier QB like Mills, Mond ,Trask, Newman, etc. and see if they are the real deal.
3. Drop out of the first round and bank picks for a QB next year.

I have been doing a lot of trade-down mocks that net us every team need with good/great players while rolling a surprising amount of draft stock to next year. One of my favorites is:

#51 Richie Grant FS (blue chip)

#59 Jabril Cox LB (SAM) Great player
#74 Spencer Brown LT/RT (stud)

#82 Hunter Long (solid starter) In line TE who can block
#110 Kenneth Gainwell RB (solid starter) Bell Cow
#124 Kyle Trask QB (?) Who knows, but Zampese likes him, so there is that.
#195 Larry Borom OG (good prospect, kinda raw) Potential solid starter to take Scherff's place
#203 Thomas Graham DB ( raw prospect, potential back-up)
#212 Javian Hawkins RB ( raw speedster, shifty)
#244 Dez Fitzpatrick WR 
#246 Shane Buechele QB ( can't remember who on here loves this QB, but word is, if we snag him, we go on to win it all :cheers:
+2022 Cleveland 1st
+2022 TENN 2nd

I've noticed that if we're willing to move back into the picks 50 to 125, we can get fairly good players to cover all our needs, and do it in quite a few different ways. TE and LB will be tricky because there are fewer of them. FS, SS, CB, OG OT, DT, ED and lower tier QB are easier to come by in all rounds, but fall in clusters. RB are harder to come by as well because we need a bell cow that can pound the hard yards.

I have never cared as much about a draft as this one. Never done a mock draft before last week. But watching Wyndorf25, Duffy and Seantaylor=god do their mocks the last few weeks, I had to try it.

Edited by mudhog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, illone said:

I hope we do NOT draft a qb this year.  Oline, LB, cb, rb...

Why?  You do realize we have maybe the worst QB situation in the league save for Chicago.  Fitz is a well proven veteran QB placeholder, and nothing more.  He’s 38 years old, and shouldn’t be our long term answer at QB.  Rivera has to get his franchise QB soon.  You’d ideally want to get one this year, since next year’s class is crappy.  

We need to be thinking about getting our franchise QB sooner, rather than later.  We don’t want to be that team that wasted a perfectly good window of opportunity to compete for a SB with mediocre/bad QB play.

• Like 1

Kiper with a new mock.  If this is the back half of the first round I'd trade down.  I do like Koramoah.  But I got some of my guys in the back half of the first. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31194922/nfl-draft-tier-rankings-2021-todd-mcshay-highest-graded-prospects-class

17. Las Vegas Raiders

Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/G, USC

The Raiders overhauled their offensive line this offseason, trading away tackle Trent Brown, guard Gabe Jackson and center Rodney Hudson. Maybe general manager Mike Mayock and coach Jon Gruden knew they could address the O-line in Round 1 because it's a deep class, but they still have voids to fill. Vera-Tucker is my top-ranked guard, but he really came into his own while playing left tackle for the Trojans last season. He could play either spot for Las Vegas.

mia.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

18. Miami Dolphins

Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan

Yes, this is the first edge rusher off the board, all the way down at No. 18. It's not an elite class, but Paye could start a run on edge defenders all the way into Round 2. There is quality overall, even if there aren't any instant stars. Paye is my top-ranked defensive end, a gifted athlete who didn't put up sack production at Michigan (11.5 sacks in four seasons). Teams will be on his potential and traits, though. With two picks down so far and the trade up for Kyle Pitts, Miami has two players who rank No. 1 at their positions.

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

19. Washington Football Team

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

Washington could go a few different ways here, including offensive line or wide receiver. I like the fit of Owusu-Koramoah, though, as a three-down off-ball linebacker with cover skills. He's extremely versatile -- he lined up as a slot corner for the Fighting Irish at times last season -- and fast. He must improve as a tackler, but he should slot in as an instant-impact player for a defense that is already one of the league's best.

chi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

20. Chicago Bears

Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

Jenkins is the last of four offensive tackles on whom I have first-round grades. A three-year starter at right tackle for Oklahoma State, he's outstanding in the run game. He'd fill the spot created by the release of Bobbie Massie. Chicago could also be in play for a pass-rusher, though it has put a lot of capital toward Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn. A young edge defender such as Jaelan Phillips could be a situational player as a rookie.

ind.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

21. Indianapolis Colts

Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami

With my first-round offensive tackles all picked, Indianapolis should address its pass rush, even if it does bring back Justin Houston. Phillips might be the best pure pass-rusher in this class, but he needs to improve his all-around game. He also has some durability concerns -- he had multiple concussions at UCLA before he transferred to Miami -- which means his medical checks with teams are extremely important.

ten.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Tennessee Titans

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

Though the Titans are another team that could address their pass rush, I really like Moore's fit as Ryan Tannehill's primary slot target. Moore had 1,193 receiving yards in eight games last season, working predominantly out of the slot. He can be a high-volume, easy-throw target alongside A.J. Brown, who has blossomed into a legit No. 1 wideout. Cornerback is another position to watch for Tennessee.nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

23. New York Jets (from SEA)

Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern

The Jets are a tough team to predict, and their defense could use an overhaul; you know new coach Robert Saleh wants a chance to reshape the side of the ball he coaches with a prime pick. Newsome has been a riser over the past month; his 2020 tape is phenomenal, and he had a great pro day workout. He fits well with what Saleh wants in his corners. Newsome is the last of four cornerbacks who I think are likely to go in Round 1.

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

24. Pittsburgh Steelers

Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

The Steelers could go with an offensive lineman here, as center Maurkice Pouncey retired, tackle Matt Feiler left in free agency and free-agent tackle Alejandro Villanueva is still unsigned. But I'd love to see Harris in this offense to take the pressure off quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. He could grind down defenses as a runner and help in the short passing game. If Harris goes in Round 1, he'll be the fifth Alabama running back picked in the first round since 2000. The others: Josh Jacobs (2019), Trent Richardson (2012), Mark Ingram (2011) and Shaun Alexander (2000). Notably absent is Derrick Henry, who was a second-round pick in 2016 and somehow just had an underrated 2,000-yard campaign.

jax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

25. Jacksonville Jaguars (from LAR)

Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU

I'll stick with Moehrig to the Jaguars here as a free safety complement to free-agent signing Rayshawn Jenkins. I thought about a pass-catcher, but the Jaguars could find an impact player in Round 2 (they pick at Nos. 33 and 45). Offensive line could be another position to target, but they shouldn't reach. Moehrig, who had 19 pass breakups over the last two seasons and won the Thorpe Award as the country's best defensive back in 2020, isn't likely to be on the board in Round 2. He's my top-ranked safety.

cle.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

26. Cleveland Browns

Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky

Davis is another defender who is rising since the season ended. He's really only a one-year starter -- he started one game in 2019 -- but he was tremendous last season with 96 tackles, three interceptions and a sack. Davis was all over the field making plays. He could play any of the linebacker spots for the Cleveland 4-3 defense. The Browns could also target an edge rusher with this pick, even if they do sign Jadeveon Clowney.

bal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

27. Baltimore Ravens

Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU

As I wrote in my Mock Draft 3.0, quarterback Lamar Jackson needs an outside wide receiver who can run every route. That's Marshall, and it's rare that a team is able to find a guy like him this late in Round 1. That just shows how exceptional and deep this wideout class is going to be. Marshall fits even with Sammy Watkins joining Baltimore on a one-year deal. With Matthew Judon and Yannick Ngakoue both gone in free agency, I also thought about Penn State edge defender Jayson Oweh, who has big-time upside.

no.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

28. New Orleans Saints

Zaven Collins, OLB/DE, Tulsa

The Saints haven't been able to add players this offseason because of their salary-cap constraints, so this is their best chance to get a player who can make an immediate impact. They have to hit on their pick if they want to extend their championship window with Drew Brees retired. Collins is a versatile linebacker who was the only FBS player to have at least four sacks and four interceptions last season. He wasn't asked to rush the passer much, but he still got four sacks. He could play outside or middle linebacker for New Orleans. He's a fun defender to watch.

gb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

29. Green Bay Packers

Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

Like the Saints, the Packers haven't been able to add roster improvements because they're up against the cap, so let's snag a wide receiver for reigning MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Bateman played outside and in the slot for the Golden Gophers, averaging 20.3 yards per catch in 2019. He would instantly become Green Bay's No. 2 wideout behind Davante Adams. Bateman is the sixth and final Round 1 wide receiver in this mock draft. The Packers could also address the interior of their offensive line, particularly with longtime starting center Corey Linsley leaving in free agency.

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

30. Buffalo Bills

Azeez Ojulari, OLB/DE, Georgia

With starting defensive ends Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison over the age of 30, the Bills need to get younger on the edge. They took AJ Epenesa in Round 2 last year, but that's not enough. The speedy pass-rusher Ojulari had 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles last season. Cornerback and running back are other positions Buffalo could target.

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

31. Kansas City Chiefs

Jayson Oweh, OLB, Penn State

It has to be offensive tackle or edge rusher for the Chiefs here, right? The Super Bowl loss showed off some major weaknesses, even if this roster is still one of the league's best. Oweh is an interesting case because his coaches raved about his athletic traits, and he just ran a 4.36 40-yard dash at 257 pounds. That's unbelievable. Sacks aren't everything, but he didn't have any last season, and Oweh could be the first FBS defensive lineman since Dominique Easley (2014) to be selected in the first two rounds after not recording a sack in his final collegiate season, according to ESPN Stats & Info. Scouts rave about his upside, but I still would have liked more production.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama

General manager Jason Licht has done a great job putting together a great core, and the Bucs are essentially bringing back the exact same roster for 2021. That's not a terrible idea when you've just won the Super Bowl. One spot where they could get younger is defensive tackle. Barmore could replace Ndamukong Suh long term and play next to elite nose tackle Vita Vea. Barmore has some potential as a 3-technique pass-rusher.

• Thanks 1

I really like Moehrig but position value and the depth of this year's safety class undermines my willingness to pick him in the range that he deserves to go.  This is a decent safety crop.  My guy Jamar Johnson has moved up boards and isn't the day three gem I thought he'd be any more, but most of what I'm seeing projects other nice prospects like Brady Breeze, Hufanga, Paris Ford and Damar Hamlin late on day three.  That's the area I would target the position.  But there is also a lot of middle of the draft talent at the position via guys like Richie Grant, Cade Sterns, Jevon Holland, Shawn Davis, Cisco & Williams, Jacoby Stevens, and some other names I'm not as familiar with like Christian Uphoff and Tyree Gillespie and the two safeties from Cincinnati.  A lot of those guys project to be future starters.

A day 3 try-hard like Brady Breeze would be a really good fit here.  He'd bring energy to the depth chart.  Play special teams.  Maybe surprise us and work his way into the rotation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a good guard class too, but looks like most of the best talents are big-bodied power-scheme guys.  Aaron Banks, Deonte Brown, Jackson Carman, Ben Cleveland, Sadarius Hutcherson, and Trey Smith is a pretty impressive group of second to fourth round talent, and I think all of them could end up being pretty good starters for the right teams.  But do they offer a good fit for us?  None of them resemble Ismael or Charles.  The closest-looking ones who do are Kendrick Greene and Wyatt Davis.

It's going to be easier for us to find OT talent that fits for us this year than IOL talent IMO.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I really like Moehrig but position value and the depth of this year's safety class undermines my willingness to pick him in the range that he deserves to go.  This is a decent safety crop.  My guy Jamar Johnson has moved up boards and isn't the day three gem I thought he'd be any more, but most of what I'm seeing projects other nice prospects like Brady Breeze, Hufanga, Paris Ford and Damar Hamlin late on day three.  That's the area I would target the position.  But there is also a lot of middle of the draft talent at the position via guys like Richie Grant, Cade Sterns, Jevon Holland, Shawn Davis, Cisco & Williams, Jacoby Stevens, and some other names I'm not as familiar with like Christian Uphoff and Tyree Gillespie and the two safeties from Cincinnati.  A lot of those guys project to be future starters.

A day 3 try-hard like Brady Breeze would be a really good fit here.  He'd bring energy to the depth chart.  Play special teams.  Maybe surprise us and work his way into the rotation.

I think Richie Grant is going top 35-40.  His play in the senior bowl opened eyes.  Tony Pauline raves about him and thinks he can go late first.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, illone said:

Can we draft this guy in the 2nd round plz?

I love him as a player and he's my second rated back. He has all the potential in the world.  If we don't get Najee for whatever reason he is a big time want on my list. He has a ridiculous amount of potential and a mix of power and speed. 

Buckle up for what I'm about to say... Because it's going to be shocking...

If we somehow navigate getting Darrisaw in the first and Williams in the second I'd probably even overlook the fact that we have continually dropped the ball on linebacker for the last few years. Though if we somehow pulled a Darrisaw/Williams/Werner trifecta I'd be ecstatic. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, illone said:

Can we draft this guy in the 2nd round plz?

I didn’t see very many qualities (tools) to his game. And what he does have, isn’t elite.

He likes to run outside. Straight line runner. He’s got decent speed, but he’s not fast (he doesn’t outrun anybody). He can catch well. He has some ability in open space. And he’s a tough (violent back).

But I’m not sure if he’s going to be able to do break tackles like that in the NFL. Or even get outside. 

Looks like weak competition. It looks like he was productive though. But so was his cohort - so that could be a knock too.

Im not sure how that translates into a 2nd round value.

4th at earliest. He looks like a backup RB.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

N Harris at 19, trade a 1st in 2022 and 4th in 21 for O Brown and TE/LB/OL with our 2021 2/3/3

this is my dream next couple of weeks. We’d have the most complete O and D on paper in I don’t even know how long. 

I’m totally on board. But I don’t think anybody is getting O Brown for a 4th.

22 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

N Harris at 19, trade a 1st in 2022 and 4th in 21 for O Brown and TE/LB/OL with our 2021 2/3/3

this is my dream next couple of weeks. We’d have the most complete O and D on paper in I don’t even know how long. 

So, I guess we just hope a QB falls into our lap then? I am ALL for Fitzmagic for 1-2 years but at some point we gotta get a QB to build around. If not this year, then I am circling R1 next year to do so. Or loading up on capital to move up next year. But if we trade that 1st for Orlando Brown .....

Much rather save that 1st, and go Darrisaw + Etienne/Williams if you NEED a RB (We don't) ... or Harris + Leatherwood.

Brown is solid. But he's also going to need $20m. So why give up that draft capital to pay a LT top of the market value. Not a smart way to team build IMO.

• Like 1

@Skinsinparadise, you asked me a couple of questions about the linebacker prospects and I can't find the posts any more, but I remember the questions.  This thread moves fast.

On Zaven, I watched him during the season when his hype was picking up, and he immediately won me over.  Just a next level looking player due to the size/athleticism combo and in the way he sees the field.  I've been focused on the offensive players for months and started going back through the safeties, corners, and linebackers and Zaven just hits different for me than the other guys.  I think he sees the field like a quarterback does, and I think he is a physically superior player and that the game is much easier for him than normal players.

I kind of thought Zaven at 15 to the Patriots was a natural outcome of fit between player and team, but that kind of stock for Zaven never materialized like I expected.  I think he's curiously undervalued and thus represents an opportunity to trade down and add big value.  I'm 100% out on Parsons, so Zaven is actually my favorite LBer in the class.

I really like Owusu-Koromoah too though, and I suspected the board would eventually warm up to him like it has because of the really palpable Derwin James parallels.  I understand favoring Owusu-Koromoah over Zaven in certain situations--team wants to play lots of cover one and cover zero and they want to be able to limit personnel, then Owusu-Koromoah certainly makes more sense for them than Zaven.  I just like Zaven more.  The distinction kind of mirrors the Najee vs Etienne scenario where I also favor Najee, but understand why Etienne is the RB1 for the majority of sources.

On which middle round LBers I like, I do like McGrone and view him as a traitsy developmental project.  I like Surratt too for the same reason, and if anything he might be a little higher ranked than McGrone.  I think he could end up getting way better in the NFL in a system like ours where he'd have expert teaching to develop technique and instincts, especially if given time to build up his body for the position.

If Cox makes it to the third or fourth round, I'd be interested in him too of course.  Isaiah McDuffie from BC is small, but he is very explosive and productive and high motor.  Very entertaining player to watch.  Most places have him in like a fifth round range, which feels like value territory to me.

I haven't gotten a feel for him yet, but a lot of people seem to like Monty Rice from Georgia.  I'm going to check him out soon.  And another one I haven't really watched much, but who has a very good reputation is Buddy Johnson from Texas A&M.  I don't know if he's as fast as McDuffie/Surratt/McGrone, but he looks smart and steady from the little I've seen of him.  Zierlein seems pretty high on him.

I'm also interested in KJ Britt from Auburn.  He was one of Bruce Feldman's freaks going into the season and the justification was that he has an unbelievable motor and consistency and physical endurance.  He's probably a seventh rounder, but a guy like that is going to make it in the NFL based on his grit.  I think he's a try-hard who could become a core locker room guy even if he never steadily holds down a starter's job.  Another 7th rounder I liked was Milo Eifler from Illinois, who is a very physical downhill player.  Almost as physical as Owusu-Koromoah, but definitely not as smart and versatile and talented.

There are others I'm forgetting about and I didn't really get into Dylan Moses because I honestly don't know what to make of him any more.  Owusu-Koromoah seems to be a fit for us at 19 and he's been the second most frequent guy mocked to us after Darrisaw that I've seen, so this might be a moot discussion after day 1.  But we have options if we miss out on the position in the first and second round.  I certainly wouldn't reach for any LBer in this class, but I don't feel either Zaven or Owusu-Koromoah are a reach at 19.

• Like 4

The 2nd half of Kiper's 2nd round mock is funky.  I thought I was an Anthony Schwartz guy, but see him as a raw prospect that would be fun for jet sweeps, occasional go routes, etc.  Crazy fast but also crazy raw.  To me he's a 5th rounder type.  2nd IMO is way rich for him let alone him going above guys like Rondale Moore.

The one thing I do like about it is I am paranoid that the tackles will be gone in the late 2nd but he has Eichenberg, Cosmi, Radunz still there. 

I don't really love any of the 2nd tier QBs including Mills but if I were forced to pick one Mills would be the one.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31239949/nfl-mock-draft-2021-mel-kiper-new-two-round-predictions-top-64-picks-including-two-trades-six-qbs-needs-filled

51. Washington Football Team

Davis Mills, QB, Stanford

Mills is an interesting case, as he played in only 14 games at Stanford, which would be the fewest by a drafted quarterback in the last 15 years. And yet, at 6-foot-4, 225 pounds, he has some arm-talent traits and looked like a first-round pick at times. He also looked like a Day 3 pick at other times. He threw for 428 yards with three touchdowns and three picks in his final college game. If I were running a team, I'd feel much better taking him on Day 2 than I would on Day 1, and this is a Washington team that could bring him along slowly. He's the type of quarterback talent teams bet on, though.

chi.png&h=110&w=110

52. Chicago Bears

Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn

Chicago is another team to watch for Mills, and it has a hole at cornerback as well. With Anthony Miller's future up in the air -- he could be traded -- Schwartz is a wideout who could take the top off the secondary and free up Allen Robinson in the red zone. Schwartz averaged just 11.8 yards per catch last season, but that was because of the way he was used; he has elite speed. New quarterback Andy Dalton will have to get better targets to hit on play-action deep balls.

ten.png&h=110&w=110

53. Tennessee Titans

Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State

The Titans parted ways with Adoree' Jackson, Desmond King II and Malcolm Butler this offseason and only added Janoris Jenkins; they must add a cornerback or two early in this draft. Samuel is only 5-foot-10 and might primarily be a nickelback early in his career, but he had three interceptions in eight games last season. His father, Asante Samuel, was drafted by the Patriots in the fourth round in 2003. He was named first-team All-Pro twice and went to four Pro Bowls.

ind.png&h=110&w=110

54. Indianapolis Colts

Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

The Colts haven't had much turnover this offseason -- other than, you know, the quarterback switch with Carson Wentz in and Philip Rivers out -- but one of their biggest losses was at left tackle, where longtime starter Anthony Castonzo retired. They added Julien Davenport as a swing tackle option, but they're likely to draft a tackle as well. Cosmi played both left and right tackle at Texas, and he looked like a future top-15 pick in 2019. I also think he could easily slide in to play guard. This pick is good value.

pit.png&h=110&w=110

55. Pittsburgh Steelers

Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State

After I gave the Steelers a running back in Round 1, here's another selection to help quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Radunz started 32 games for the Bison and was a two-time FCS All-American. He stood out on tape when I studied Trey Lance -- he just swallowed FCS edge rushers. As it stands, Pittsburgh will have new starters at both tackle spots, so this pick is about creating competition there.

sea.png&h=110&w=110

56. Seattle Seahawks

Joseph Ossai, OLB/DE, Texas

With no first-round pick because of the trade for Jamal Adams, Seattle gets its first crack at upgrading its roster late in Round 2. The Seahawks brought back Carlos Dunlap, and Kerry Hyder was a nice under-the-radar signing, but 2019 first-round pick L.J. Collier has yet to make a big impact at defensive end. Ossai is a pure speed rusher who had 20 tackles for loss and three forced fumbles last season. They have to get younger here.

lar.png&h=110&w=110

57. Los Angeles Rams

Ernest Jones, LB, South Carolina

This makes back-to-back teams that don't have a first-round pick, as the Rams' was used in the trade for Jalen Ramsey. L.A. has needs at center, corner and receiver, but I'm focusing on linebacker, where Jones could play one of the inside spots. He's a tackling machine with long arms and the instincts to quickly diagnose at the snap. He had two games last season with 18-plus tackles.

bal.png&h=110&w=110

58. Baltimore Ravens

Liam Eichenberg, OT/G, Notre Dame

Starting right tackle Orlando Brown Jr. wants to play left tackle, but that likely isn't possible in Baltimore with Ronnie Stanley on the roster. So if the Ravens do trade Brown -- could they get a second-round pick? -- they'll have a hole at right tackle and along the interior offensive line. Eichenberg played left tackle for the Fighting Irish, but he could easily play guard at the next level. This could be a spot for a pass-rusher as well.

cle.png&h=110&w=110

59. Cleveland Browns

D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan

What can't Eskridge do? He played wide receiver and corner and returned punts and kicks at Western Michigan. He averaged 23.1 yards per catch and had eight receiving touchdowns last season. The Browns brought back Rashard Higgins and have Donovan Peoples-Jones waiting in the wings, but they have to get more consistent production out of their No. 3 receiver. And if they take Eskridge, they'll get a boost in the return game.

no.png&h=110&w=110

60. New Orleans Saints

Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue

With Emmanuel Sanders gone in free agency, I have to believe the Saints will use one of their first two picks on a receiver. And since I went with a versatile front-seven piece in Round 1, I'll add Moore here for Sean Payton & Co. Purdue ran its entire offense through Moore, who's 5-foot-7 but extremely explosive with the ball in his hands. He forced 30 missed tackles as a freshman in 2018. Payton will be able to get the most out of Moore, using him on jet sweeps and screens and getting him the ball in creative ways.

buf.png&h=110&w=110

61. Buffalo Bills

Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota

St-Juste is raw; he started only 14 games for the Golden Gophers after transferring from Michigan. But I liked what I saw on tape. He has great length, and he's not afraid to tackle. He was also good at the Senior Bowl in January. He didn't have an interception in college, but I think that's more about him not playing much. He has the potential to be the starter in Buffalo opposite Tre'Davious White.

gb.png&h=110&w=110

62. Green Bay Packers

Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

I thought hard about Oregon safety Jevon Holland here -- he could play next to Darnell Savage -- but Carman fills a more immediate void. He started 27 games at left tackle for the Tigers but might be best suited to play guard, where the Packers could use a prime pick to get a talent upgrade.

kc.png&h=110&w=110

63. Kansas City Chiefs

Walker Little, OT, Stanford

I've been watching Little closely since he started at left tackle as a true freshman in 2017. He looked like a first-round lock after the 2018 season. Then he injured his knee in the season opener in 2019, missed all of that season and opted out of last season, which means he hasn't been on the field much. For Kansas City, this is a pick all about projection, as Little has the frame (6-foot-7) and footwork to be a future starter at tackle. Still, because he hasn't played much since 2018, it's tough to project his future.

tb.png&h=110&w=110

64. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford

The Bucs don't have many immediate needs, and they can afford to take a chance on a player with a high ceiling. Let's do that with Fehoko, a 6-foot-4 receiver with outstanding measurables. He has the ball skills to make contested catches and the speed to blow by corners. This pick might depend on whether Tampa Bay brings back Antonio Brown; if it does, could the Bucs go O-line instead?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1