Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

37 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Interesting take. I think getting a LT, TE and LB is a pretty solid takeaway. Obviously you never know how guys will pan out but I feel good about those 3 coming in and being high-end starters early into their rookie contracts.

I like Leatherwood's athleticism but after watching him get smoked many times during the Senior Bowl, especially by speed guys, I really am not sure how good of a LT he'd be. Hopefully with his athleticism he'd be able to quicken up his footwork and stop lunging as much as he seems to, but it would probably take some good coaching. Which is certainly possible, but makes him more of project and not a day 1 starter at LT IMO. I could see him being suited more on the right side. But at 51, that's not too bad.

I definitely like Freiermuth as he's much more of a true TE who can block and catch well. Though I think 35 might be a bit high for him.

I do like Cox at 52 as I think he'd be a pretty good schematic fit for us. He's still raw after only having one year of FBS experience but he grew into it quickly. 

• Like 2

If I were WFT I wouldn’t trade back from 19 until pick 19 came up... Just in case Darrisaw is on the board. If all three tackles are taken earlier I’d start looking for trade partners the minute that happened and see where things go.

I actually favor selecting Najee at 19 before trading back. But I wouldn’t be upset with a trade back considering the top 3 tackles are all off the board. 

There’s not much that can be done at 19 that’s a bad choice. It’s really what happens after 19 that will make or break what we did with/for 19.

Just now, mistertim said:

I like Leatherwood's athleticism but after watching him get smoked many times during the Senior Bowl, especially by speed guys, I really am not sure how good of a LT he'd be. Hopefully with his athleticism he'd be able to quicken up his footwork and stop lunging as much as he seems to, but it would probably take some good coaching. Which is certainly possible, but makes him more of project and not a day 1 starter at LT IMO. I could see him being suited more on the right side. But at 51, that's not too bad.

I definitely like Freiermuth as he's much more of a true TE who can block and catch well. Though I think 35 might be a bit high for him.

I do like Cox at 52 as I think he'd be a pretty good schematic fit for us. He's still raw after only having one year of FBS experience but he grew into it quickly. 

Cox’s rawness is a big issue for us. I like him but he’s not a downhill backer that we need. He’s similar to Holcomb in style. Which we already have one of.

I don’t put as much stock in one on ones as you do. Yes, they have merit. But football is played in a tight space with multiple other large humans surrounding you making some of the moves defenders make in one on ones obsolete.

• Like 3

@KDawg yeah no way they trade the pick until they're on the clock. Darrisaw would be my top choice there too, regardless of trade-down offer.

@mistertim you can coach footwork, but you can't coach up athleticism. I don't want to overthink the Leatherwood pick. He's my 1b if he's at 51 to 1a of going Darrisaw at 19. Our OL Coach can get him coached up, he's dripping with talent, and probably doesn't last to #51 as a result.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Cox’s rawness is a big issue for us. I like him but he’s not a downhill backer that we need. He’s similar to Holcomb in style. Which we already have one of.

I don’t put as much stock in one on ones as you do. Yes, they have merit. But football is played in a tight space with multiple other large humans surrounding you making some of the moves defenders make in one on ones obsolete.

Yeah his rawness is the reason I'm still sort of hesitant about Cox, though the fact that he went from NDSU to LSU and didn't really miss a beat to me is impressive. That said, you're probably right that he's not really the downhill kind of backer.

As far as one on ones, yeah that's fair. But having really good big guys next to you (like with Bama's OL) can mask some weaknesses and I think it did with Leatherwood. And I'd say if you were talking about a Guard it would be very valid, but with a Tackle IMO it makes those 1 on 1 losses more troubling because a Tackle (and LT especially) is more likely to be out on an island with those speed and wide 9 guys where they're going to have to handle them on their own unless a TE or RB is kept in to chip.

Again, I'd probably be good with him where @JamesMadisonSkinsmentioned. But not before there as I think he'll definitely need some coaching up to speed up his footwork and hand placement vs speed and speed to power guys.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Preston Smith was a nice pick....Fred Smoot threw nice boat parties in Minnesota. 

Trent Murphy has hung around in the league. 

Lol, true.   What's painful to me about Trent Murphy is they traded down with Dallas in the 2nd so Dallas can get Demarcus Lawrence.   We helped give Dallas a stud so we could draft both Murphy and Spencer Long.  That was one of the underrated bad moves that they don't seem to get panned for -- I guess because trading down is just about always celebrated at the time.

https://sportswire.usatoday.com/2014/05/09/nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-washington-redskins-trade/

The Cowboys get their replacement for DeMarcus Ware by picking up DeMarcus Lawrence from Boise State. Dallas committed to another year of Monte Kiffin at defensive coordinator in the offseason. Kiffin’s scheme relies on getting pressure from the front four. With Ware dealing with injuries all season in 2013, the Cowboys couldn’t get that pressure and finished last in total defense.

Giving up a third-round pick will hurt the Cowboys a bit, but they needed to jump the Falcons, who are also in need of a pass rusher, at pick 37.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah his rawness is the reason I'm still sort of hesitant about Cox, though the fact that he went from NDSU to LSU and didn't really miss a beat to me is impressive. That said, you're probably right that he's not really the downhill kind of backer.

As far as one on ones, yeah that's fair. But having really good big guys next to you (like with Bama's OL) can mask some weaknesses and I think it did with Leatherwood. And I'd say if you were talking about a Guard it would be very valid, but with a Tackle IMO it makes those 1 on 1 losses more troubling because a Tackle (and LT especially) is more likely to be out on an island with those speed and wide 9 guys where they're going to have to handle them on their own unless a TE or RB is kept in to chip.

Again, I'd probably be good with him where @JamesMadisonSkinsmentioned. But not before there as I think he'll definitely need some coaching up to speed up his footwork and hand placement vs speed and speed to power guys.

They still don’t matter as much as you’d think. A rusher is limited in most game scenarios due to the threat of run. And in obvious pass situations the tackle knows the rusher’s moves via scouting and such. It’s why you see defenders winning more one on ones against guys they aren’t as familiar with vs. guys that they are familiar with. 

Having said that Leatherwood can be sloppy with footwork at times but his game film holds up really well.

• Like 2

There are ALWAYS surprises on draft day that push players down the board.

For 2021, I think the idea of an IDL going before 19 would be one. Not many IDL being mocked but there's defniitely a chance Barmore sneaks in there somewhere. Or a team trades up for him (CLE?). Trade ups for EDGE guys as well. Not really a defined "best" in the draft but as soon as a team takes an Edge it could start a run and/or teams trading up for one. Same with CBs. If Surtain/Horn go top 12 someone could trade up for ... or Newsome could go 16 to ARI.

An extra DE, CB and an IDL before we pick at #19 could definitely push down a WR or LT to our pick at #19.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I loved Doctson as a prospect, but was clearly blind to his flaws.  I don't think Doctson had Dez's innate physicality.  And while Dez struggled a bit with his initial move, he was surprisingly good with longer developing double moves.

I think that was mostly against off and zone coverage though.  He was always the back guy in a WR stack to give him a cleaner release.  When I say Z only, I mean like majority of the time Z.  Everyone in the NFL has to line up everywhere to give defenses different looks.  If he's in the slot, I think his route tree has to be more limited.  Like anything in-breaking is gone unless it's a Post or Deep Dig.  He could work well running clearing routes from the Slot, defenses would have to respect him on those.  Anything with him trying to catch the ball in traffic around linebackers is no good.  But at Z, it gives Marshall a bit more space to get his legs going.  I think he'd struggle as a rookie at X, he'd get jammed up far too often.

Doctson wasn't as physical as Dez but they are similar in that they are contested catch guys.  Doctson was a different dude at TCU than he was here.  I was cool with the pick, too.   Cooley I gather nailed it early on suggesting the vibe he got asking around was that he doesn't love football/home sick.

As far as Marshall goes, the slot receiver works off/away from the line of scrimmage -- part of the point is having guys there that don't really need to beat press.  He had a big year playing from the slot.   Personally, I think he can play all three spots.  Like you, I also prefer him at Z. 

Players especially ones as young as him, he's still 20, aren't stuck with their strengths/weaknesses from college for the duration of their pro careers especially if they show physical attributes to improve.  Marshall shows his physicality with contested catches.   He can catch the ball in traffic but does it much better on out routes than intermediate in routes where he had too many drops. 

I posted a bunch of articles here about him.  He comes off as a hard worker with high intangibles.    I think he likely will keep improving.  A dude that big who can seperate deep and runs in the high 4.3's with a sick catch radius isn't easy to find.    He's a big play guy when it comes to YPC and TDs.  

He'd be a player I'd have no problem rolling the dice on but not at 19.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lol, true.   What's painful to me about Trent Murphy is they traded down with Dallas in the 2nd so Dallas can get Demarcus Lawrence.   We helped give Dallas a stud so we could draft both Murphy and Spencer Long.  That was one of the underrated bad moves that they don't seem to get panned for -- I guess because trading down is just about always celebrated at the time.

I still it was a win/win.

For the 4 rookie years of Lawrence (1 great, 1 ok, 2 non-existent) we got (1 good, 2 bad) from Murphy and (1 ok, 1 ok but injured half way through, 1 meh, and 1 non-existent) from Long. 

Since then Lawrence has been a good player, but that 1 year that gave him a monster pay-day was an outlier.  He's a good all-around player, but not a stud by any means.  He had a down year last season, and if that continues in 2022, we can the contract they gave him wasn't just bad, but a huge mistake.  Meanwhile we got a 5th and 6th round comp picks for both Murphy and Long.  Those were used to draft Cole Holcomb and Kelvin Harmon.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Players especially ones as young as him, he's still 20, aren't stuck with their strengths/weaknesses from college for the duration of their pro careers especially if they show physical attributes to improve.  Marshall shows his physicality with contested catches.   He can catch the ball in traffic but does it much better on out routes than intermediate in routes where he had too many drops. 

I posted a bunch of articles here about him.  He comes off as a hard worker with high intangibles.    I think he likely will keep improving.  A dude that big who can seperate deep and runs in the high 4.3's with a sick catch radius isn't easy to find.    He's a big play guy when it comes to YPC and TDs.  

He'd be a player I'd have no problem rolling the dice on but not at 19.

Sounds like we might have a similar overall draft grade for him.  Not at 19.  But fine with at 51.  A difference would be if we trade down from 19, to late first or early 2nd, would you still be happy taking Marshall over who is likely on the board?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I still it was a win/win.

For the 4 rookie years of Lawrence (1 great, 1 ok, 2 non-existent) we got (1 good, 2 bad) from Murphy and (1 ok, 1 ok but injured half way through, 1 meh, and 1 non-existent) from Long. 

Since then Lawrence has been a good player, but that 1 year that gave him a monster pay-day was an outlier.  He's a good all-around player, but not a stud by any means.  He had a down year last season, and if that continues in 2022, we can the contract they gave him wasn't just bad, but a huge mistake.  Meanwhile we got a 5th and 6th round comp picks for both Murphy and Long.  Those were used to draft Cole Holcomb and Kelvin Harmon.

Don't see that deal as a win win.  How do we know we wouldn't have gotten a comp pick for Demarcus Lawrence or avoided a big contract?    I think we have to really use our imagination to say Trent Murphy, Spencer Long = Demarcus Lawrence.   Murphy 26 sacks.  Lawrence 46 sacks.   Spencer Long ended up just a guy. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

My latest 3 round mock (with trades):

TRADES:

1). Denver trades #9+#71 to Detroit for #7.

2). New England trades #15+#46 to Detroit for #9

3). NYJ trades #23+#86 to Washington for #19

4). Buffalo trades #30+#93 to Washington for #23

5). Miami trades #36+#81 to Cleveland for #26+#132

6). Denver trades #40+2022 2nd round pick to Baltimore for #27.

7). Washington trades #74+#93 to Rams for #57

We end up with:

Jamin Davis (30)

Sam Cosmi (51)

Javonte Williams (57)

Brevin Jordan (82)

Aamon-Ra St Brown (86)

Probably unrealistic :), but this would be fantastic

ROUND 1:

1). Jax-Trevor Lawrence (This is a lock)

2). NYJ-Zach Wilson (This is close to a lock)

3). SF-Mac Jones (I'd take Lance, but there is a ton of smoke here)

4). Atl-Kyle Pitts (The opportunity cost in passing on Pitts is more than moving way down in the draft)

5). Cin-Penei Sewell (I'm feeling more confident they take Sewell and slide Williams inside)

6). Mia-Ja'Mar Chase (They traded back up for a reason)

7). Den (from Detroit)-Trey Lance (Denver trades up to ensure they get Lance)

8). Car-Rashawn Slater-They debate trading down, but they need a LT badly (Cam Flemming is merely a stopgap).

9). NE (from Det)-Justin Fields (Detroit trades down to 15 thinking they can still get a WR while also sending Fields to the AFC).

10). Dal-Patrick Surtain (Cleanest defensive player in the draft)

11). NYG-Micah Parsons (They need to improve their pass rush.  No edge is worth the pick, so they opt for Parsons)

12). Phi-Jaycee Horn (CB is a bigger need than WR is)

13). LAC-Christian Darisow (They are happy that one of Sewell, Slater, and Darisow fell to 13)

14). Min-Teven Jenkins (A little high, but LT is a major need and they think AVT is only a guard.  With no 2nd round pick, they need to "reach" to get a starting caliber tackle)

15). Det (from NE)-Da'Vonta Smith (They are elated he's still on the board)

16). AZ-Jaylon Waddle (Pure BPA pick.  Isabella has been a disappointment.  AJ Green is only signed for this year).

17). LV-Trevon Moerig (FS is their #1 need)

18). Mia-Najee Harris (There has been a ton of smoke in the off-season that they love Harris)

19). NYJ (from Was)-Alijah-Vera Tucker (Jets jump Chicago for AVT as they'll become a dominant run-game with Becton and AVT)

20). Chi-Greg Newsome (With the big 5 o-lineman gone, they decide to fill their CB hole with the local kid)

21). Ind-Kwity Paye (Edge is also a big need in addition to LT)

22). Ten-Caleb Farley (They have shown that they are willing to take injured players in the first (See Jeffrey Simmons).  CB is a major need longterm and he says he'll be ready for training camp)

23). Buf (from Washington via NYJ)-Jaelan Phillips (Pass rush is their biggest need.  Washington continues to trade down)

24). Pitt-Azeez Ajulari (Perfect fit as an edge rusher in the 3-4 to replace the departing Bud Dupree)

25). Jax-Richie Grant (Safety is still a need even after signing Jenkins in FA.  Many of the draftniks say he can be a late 1st)

26). Mia (from Cle)-Jason Oweh (Miami jumps Baltimore for Oweh and his elite physical ability.  Edge is their biggest need left)

27). Den (from Bal)-Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (He'll play coverage LB for them and they need the position to cover Kelce and Waller in the division)

28). NO-Zaven Collins (They lost some LBs in FA.  Corner & edge could also be a consideration here)

29). GB-Elijah Moore (Perfect slot for Rodgers.  Will give him a new Randall Cobb)

30). Was (from Buf)-Jamin Davis (We all know LB is a major need and Davis is the last of the big 4 LBs)

31). KC-Liam Eichenberg (Have to upgrade both tackle spots)

32). TB-Christian Barmore (DT is their most pressing need)

ROUND 2:

33). Jax-Landon Dickerson (They can afford to let him rehab)

34). NYJ-Kadarius Toney (They'll try and let him play the Deebo role in the Shanty-style offense)

35). Atl-Travis Eitienne (They are elated he's still on the board)

36). Cle (from Mia)-Tyson Campbell (They traded down knowing they could get a CB in the high 2nd).

37). Phi-Terrace Marshall (Need bigger targets for Hurts)

38). Cin-Rashod Bateman (They hope he has a similar impact to Tee Higgins)

39). Car-Pat Freurmouth (TE is a huge need and he's a traditional Y.  They give Darnold a big red-zone option).

40). Bal (from Den)-Joe Tryon (Have to replace the departed Judon)

41). Det-Carlos Basham (I think he's underrated and they need help all over the defense)

42). NYG-Greg Russeau (He fits their size/speed philosophy.  His pro-day did not help him)

43). SF-Kelvin Joseph (His pro day helped him enormously.  Tony Pauline says he could be a late first).

44). Dal-Levi Onwuzurike (DT is a major need and his penetrating style fits the Dan Quinn scheme)

45). Jax-Dillon Raddunz (They double down on improving the o-line).

46). Det (from NE)-Nick Bolton (He's got question marks, but his play style fits what Dan Campbell wants)

47). LAC-Ronnie Perkins (Need an edge opposite Bosa)

48). LV-Trey Smith (I think he's been underrated in the draft process.  Before the season, he was rated higher than Slater according to Tony Pauline).

49). AZ-Eric Stokes (Pure upside play with his speed.  Corner is a major need and they bypassed it in the first)

50). Mia-Pete Werner (LB is a need after they cut Kyle Van Noy).

51). Was-Sam Cosmi (We are elated he fell to 51).

52). Chi-Spencer Brown (His elite measurables get him drafted here)

53). Ten-Jaylon Mayfield (Need a RT desperately)

54). Ind-James Hudson (They bypassed Tackle in the first.  They can't here)

55). Pitt-Creed Humphrey (Center is a gaping hole)

56). Sea-Wyatt Davis (An attempt to placate Russell Wilson)

57). Was (from LAR)-Javonte Williams (Passing on Rondale is tough, but RB is a bigger need and WR is much deeper)

58). Bal-Asante Samuel Jr (Peters is getting older)

59). Cle-Joseph Assai (They still need edge even if they might sign Clowney)

60). NO-Rondale Moore (Perfect Sean Payton player)

61). Buff-Tommy Trimble (Pure projection pick)

62). GB-Quinn Meinerz (Replaces the departed Lindsley)

63). KC-Walker Little (Continue to add o-line)

64). TB-Payton Turner (Need depth at edge)

ROUND 3:

65). Jax-Shaun Wade (His 2021 was horrendous.  Meyer knows him and will play him inside)

66). NYJ-Elijah Molden (Will play slot corner for them)

67). Hou-Andre Cisco (He'd be drafted much higher if not for his injury)

68). Atl-Kellen Mond (They are intrigued by his traits)

69). Cin-Baron Browning (They are a team that drafts on physical traits)

70). Phi-Jabril Cox (Their LBs are horrendous)

71). Det (from Den)-Kyle Trask (He'll sit for the foreseeable future)

72). Det-Ben Cleveland (Need guard help)

73). Car-Tutu Atwell (Elite speed and gadget player who'll replace Curtis Samuel)

74). LAR (from Was)-Divine Diablo (This is based off of Nagy's latest inside info)

75). Dal-Robert Hainsey (Need O-line depth)

76). NYG-D'Wayne Eskridge (His senior bowl elevated his stock)

77). LAC-Tylan Wallace (WR is a need)

78). Min-Milton Williams (Smaller school prospect, but they need edge help)

79). LV-Anthony Schwartz (Arguably the fastest player in the draft)

80). LV-Chase Suratt (Could use help bolstering the middle of the defense)

81). Cle (from Mia)-Jay Tufele (DT is a need area)

82). Was-Brevin Jordan (We know we want a speed TE)

83). Chi-Amari Rodgers (WR is a need)

84). Phi-Caden Sterns (They just need to improve their defense)

85). Ten-Dyami Brown (Can't afford to not draft a WR)

86). Was (from NYJ)-Aaman St. Brown (I agree with SteveMcqueen in saying he's underrated)

87). Pitt-Michael Carter (Need a RB)

88). LAR-Brady Christianson (Have to bolster the o-line)

89). Cle-I. Melifonwu (Hopefully he has a better career than his brother)

90). Min-Davis Mills (They have nothing behind Kirk)

91). Cle-Jackson Corman (Can always use o-line depth)

92). GB-Dylan Moses (They hope he can regain his form)

93). LAR (from Was via Buf)-Hunter Long (Need to replace the departed Gerald Everett)

94). KC-Marquez Stevenson (More speed for that offense)

95). TB-Josh Myers (A couple of their starters are FAs next year)

96). NE-Trey Sermon (Looks like they will go to a run-oriented offense)

97). LAC-Paulson Adebo (CB is a need)

98). NO-Chris Rumph (Need to replace the lost Hendrickson)

99). Dal-Jamie Newman (Their backups stink)

100). Ten-Nico Collins (Still need WR help)

101). Det-Deonte Brown (He needs a nutritional NFL plan)

102). SF-Marvin Wilson (He stunk this year, but he was much better earlier in his college career.  Shanny gambles on him)

103). LAR-Osa Odighizuwa (Need to replace the lost Brockers)

104). Bal-Jaelan Darden (Small school speedster)

105). NO-Kenneth Gainwell (Could use RB depth)

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

My latest 3 round mock (with trades):

We end up with:

Jamin Davis (30)

Sam Cosmi (51)

Javonte Williams (57)

Brevin Jordan (82)

Aamon-Ra St Brown (86)

Probably unrealistic :), but this would be fantastic

Would love it partner but it's unlikely Cosmi falls to #51. I doubt he gets past the Chiefs in the 1st. I can see the other picks being realistic though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I guess you would have preferred that I take Bateman, Cosmi or Zaven Collins, or Najee at 19? Those were the BPAs. And i view Friermuth and Leatherwood to be roughly in that batch of players ranked 20-45.

I would be happy with JOK at 19 in that draft.

:229:The Rook

On 4/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Gibson got everything he could handle last season and broke down.  We're looking at a 17 game season and hopefully playoffs with a run dominant offense and you want to give him more carries?

The breakdown between your take and ours is that you think Najee and Etienne are much worse than they really are and that Gibson and McKissic are much better than they really are.  The fact you turn your nose up at Etienne makes that clear.  I'm not turning down elite talent at RB to protect the carries of a limited-carry complimentary back like Gibson or a journeyman JAG like McKissic or any of the other diminished players you named.  I'd be looking for genuine dynamism in the ground game, especially since the offense is predicated on it.

Really don't know where you're getting this elite business when it comes to those two.  There are a few folks in agreement here but this seems to be the only place in the internet I travel where that is accepted without hefty pushback.  Harris is closer and could have Henry like traits but Etienne is nowhere near that level of prospect.  I'd say let's revisit but as you showed with Haskins it will just be a litany of excuses being made regardless of outcome.  We'll see what the league thinks soon enough but again, it's much more of a minority position to take than this board reflects.

• Like 1

Greg Newsome II right now is one of my favorite prospects we can draft. I know we don't view CB as a high need but you can never have enough of them in this passing league. I just got done watching his play (about as much as you can find on YouTube), this guy is an absolute stud (I like him more than Horn). He has 20 pass deflections in only 17 games played which is fantastic production. But also:

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rodgers doesn't get much hype I notice here aside from @KDawg.  I say something on occasion, maybe i am missing others on him, too.  But I am thinking as much as we talk about YAC with Toney, R. Moore, etc.  i doubt we take either one and instead don't hit up receiver into the third-forth round. 

If so Amari IMO is the top of that next tier with his ball in his hands.  He doesn't have Toney's or R. Moore's insane stop and go ability.  But Amari is fun to watch with the ball in his hands, he's so physical, a bowling ball. 

PFF mentions Schwartz.  Schwartz is really raw IMO and not really a break tackle kind of receiver as for YAC from what i've watched but that dude could really fly -- incredibly fast with some wiggle, too.  I wouldn't take Schwartz high.  I like Rodgers better.  But I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Schwartz in the later rounds if he is still there.   

According to this chart Daz Newsome is right up there with Toney, Chase, Moore, etc. Yet when you do any sort of mock, he can be had in the 200+ pick range. Being from Carolina, I know the kid is awesome. What makes him drop off the map like that? Is there some sort of injury history or something? I can't seem to find any info.

Are any of these mock drafts online based on insight or is it people throwing spaghetti at the wall. CBS Sports seems to do one daily and is all over the place. Newest one has us trading to 8th to take Lance.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Are any of these mock drafts online based on insight or is it people throwing spaghetti at the wall. CBS Sports seems to do one daily and is all over the place. Newest one has us trading to 8th to take Lance.

Its mostly guessing since so much of it is based on what the 49ers do at 3 and nobody but Kyle and a few others know that at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Greg Newsome II right now is one of my favorite prospects we can draft. I know we don't view CB as a high need but you can never have enough of them in this passing league. I just got done watching his play (about as much as you can find on YouTube), this guy is an absolute stud (I like him more than Horn). He has 20 pass deflections in only 17 games played which is fantastic production. But also:

If we don’t go OT or trade up for a QB I’d be all about one of the top CBs (Surtain, Horn, or Newsome) in the first.

It’s hard to find good CBs, you need 3+ of them, and  they cost a lot of $. Draft more please.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I keep saying I have a hard time finding a guy they take at 19 which I'd hate.  I stand corrected, this pick I would hate at 19.   To me Mayfield is a late 2nd round talent not a mid first rounder. 

Yeah me too.  And I think late second is generous.  That kid is raw.  God awful athletic testing too.  Very few career starts and he got hurt this season to boot.  There is absolutely no justification for taking him in the first round in a normal year, much less a year when there are far cleaner and better tackle prospects like Darrisaw, Cosmi, Jenkins, and Eichenberg.  Guys who are more athletic (far more so in some cases) and have multiple years of high quality starting film.

I do actually like him as a prospect in the third or maybe even the beginning of the fourth round though.  He's the Saahdiq Charles of the class for me.  Good candidate to draft and stash in the pipeline for a year or two with the plan to have him take over a starting spot if Moses or Scherff retire/walk.

• Like 2