Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

zCommander

2 hours ago, Silvernon said:

But before the season is done without a ton of depth? He messed up, or wasn't focused on football or I don't know.

Staff in full evaluation mode now. It's one way of getting them to play out the season with effort. Always harder to get another job in the NFL when you're already on the street when the season is over. 

There’s receiver depth.

McLaurin, Samuel (when he plays, not going to lie have not followed at all this week as I’m fairly disinterested at this point), Humphries, Milne, Brown, Sims

He should be in our top 10 worst draft picks in our already cuestionable draft history.

Did he even play a down? Same can be said about the safety we also drafted a couple of years ago and retired before he even played a down with us LOL

Feels like Larry David writes the story of every season around here...

• Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

He should be in our top 10 worst draft picks in our already cuestionable draft history.

Did he even play a down? Same can be said about the safety we also drafted a couple of years ago and retired before he even played a down with us LOL

How can any day 3 pick be one of our worst picks? That would be awesome. 

• Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, method man said:

Is everyone forgetting that he started the season on the practice squad? This staff has cut him once already. AGG’s issue is that he is a big guy who can’t get separation

I'll add one more issue.  He was too nice/soft.  There was no physical aggression for his style. 

(Directed at AGG here) You're 6'4 and 230, and while not fast, you are agile enough to do backflips.

Where's the hand fighting?  Where's the push offs?  Where's the bodying them while the ball is in the air like a rebounder in basketball?

He didn't do it in college either, but got away with it because the corners his bad college faced were just that much worse than borderline NFLers he faced in preseason and in training camp.

The guy had physical attributes that were unique for his size.  Gymnastics background.  But he never wanted contact while out in routes.  You're a muscly 230!  Either shed weight to get faster/quicker feet or get angry while running a route.  Embrace your size and ability to maintain balance through more contact than the corner opposite you can handle.  But no.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, El Mexican said:

He’s not even close to top 10.  

Hell, the draft we do not speak of had 3 worse picks.  

Fir those that need a hint of that draft,  we picked a receiver who’s nickname was a hair styling device.We do not say his name either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:03 PM, Florgon79 said:

Count me as happy to see this team move on from players that never flash or materialize. In past we held on to guys like this for too long hoping for something that’s never gonna happen. This season is done anyways.

Right, but that's the thing...it's a lost season, there's no harm in keeping him around to see if he does flash or materialize.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying AGG is some amazing talent.  But on a team that's starved for talent, IMO you gotta make sure who you're about to cut is the right decision.  I don't think AGG is going to move on to do great things but it would be par for the course for this franchise if he did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Right, but that's the thing...it's a lost season, there's no harm in keeping him around to see if he does flash or materialize.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying AGG is some amazing talent.  But on a team that's starved for talent, IMO you gotta make sure who you're about to cut is the right decision.  I don't think AGG is going to move on to do great things but it would be par for the course for this franchise if he did.

He’s been cut once before and can’t see the field over the likes of Dax Milne. At some point we have to trust the coaching staff to do what’s right. If he can’t even get pt during a lost season then it’s not worth it. If he catches on somewhere else I’ll change my mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/2/2022 at 6:30 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s not even close to top 10.  

Hell, the draft we do not speak of had 3 worse picks.  

Fir those that need a hint of that draft,  we picked a receiver who’s nickname was a hair styling device.We do not say his name either. 

Since Mac (shortened to Mc) is derived from Gaelic for “son of”, I believe it would be more accurate to say “son of a hair styling device”.  But yes, completely agree with your overarching point.

4 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Just remember, we gave Schotferbrains full personnel authority so he could draft Rod Gardner with the 15th pick instead of Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, TJ Houshmanzadeh, or even Chris Chambers.

That was the first draft I remember following and reading a ton of scouting reports for. I remember liking Rod Gardner. In my defense, I was a pre teen at the time

Never understood the AGG hype. From day one I hated the pick. If you watch his college tape, he literally never gets open. If you can't get seperation in college, how can you get seperation in the pros?

We need to stop drafting WRs like this. Get guys with wheels who can get open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why would this thread be bumped ?

Could it be because AGG is campaigning for the team to draft his 2019 Liberty teammate as QB ?

EDIT : NEVERMIND, I see that we cut him

I thought AGG was re-signed to the WFT practice squad on Jan. 5.  Am I mistaken?

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/01/nfl-practice-squad-updates-1-5-22

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Never understood the AGG hype. From day one I hated the pick. If you watch his college tape, he literally never gets open. If you can't get seperation in college, how can you get seperation in the pros?

We need to stop drafting WRs like this. Get guys with wheels who can get open.

Hopefully that was a Kyle Smith pick and not a Scott Turner influenced pick.

Although since Turner loves him some versatile players (Curtis Samuel and Antonio Gibson were his influences) I kind of doubt AGG was a Turner pick.

It fits what Kyle Smith did in selecting Kelvin Harmon in 2019. AGG is a bigger guy that's a bit more athletic than Harmon.  So if I had to guess, Kyle wanted him?  Anyone heard anything about who wanted AGG?