Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

zCommander

This might be a backdoor reason why it was so smart to keep Smith and the scouts. Rivera has no relationship or history with the area players, coaches, etc. Normally, that wouldn't matter. New scouts and coaches could fly out, shake hands, watch practices or work outs. Plus, I'm sure how vet front office guys have spreadsheets on most of the players from major colleges, but the difference here is Smith, etc. have likely cultivated strong relationships and gone to these games. They can call up the coach who probably will shoot straighter with them than a stranger.

So, in a period of self-isolation, the smartest play may be sticking with the hand you know (IOW staying close to home.)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, London Kev said:

Lol, I've still got this on 12" vinyl.

For you young-uns, vinyl was what we had before cassettes.

Cassettes were what we had before CD's.

CD's were what we had before, etc, etc.

Vinyl is still where it's at, audio purest-wise. I listen to more vinyl than anything else.  My new want...(back to topic, sorry)

This is what a floating turntable looks like | Louder

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Burgold said:

People seem to be more excited about Gandy-Golden than Harmon. Why? Honest question. What makes him a better prospect?

Great question.

AGG - Bigger athlete. More explosive vertically with quicker feet and better instincts with the ball in his hands/YAC. Better at the LOS.

Harmon - More consistent catcher/hands and a bit more efficient in his movement and much better route runner.

Basically, Harmon is the more refined Receiver, while AGG is the better athlete/body control.

Both have trouble with separation, both block their ass off and compete. I have a hard time seeing AGG beating out Harmon early in the year.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

I don't. AGG is an immediate Red Zone target. Harmon thus far is not.

Harmon's efficient feet and catch radius are fine as a RZ threat. 

You're asking a raw, 5th round rookie with a shortened offseason to beat out a guy with more refined skills.

Im simply saying that he wont beat out Harmon "Early in the year" as the consistent Z receiver opposite of Terry, but we'll see

Edited by pcbothwel
  • Like 1

Maybe also it's easier to get them to re-sign if they can play where they grew up, have family, etc.?  It's essentially money that doesn't count against the cap.  (The trade-off between more $ elsewhere and playing where you grew up -- and when you factor in federal taxes, that gap narrows.)  Also, if you get a core of guys from the DMV, they're likely to have better chemistry.

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

Harmon's efficient feet and catch radius are fine as a RZ threat. 

You're asking a raw, 5th round rookie with a shortened offseason to beat out a guy with more refined skills.

Im simply saying that he wont beat out Harmon "Early in the year" as the consistent Z receiver opposite of Terry, but we'll see

He was a 4th round pick.

And besides being a rookie I wouldn't say he's raw, at least as far as rookies go.

He has a ton of college production and harmon is only entering his second season and is also coming into a brand new system with a brand new coach. 

I'm betting agg will beat out Harmon on the depth chart early but as you said, we'll see.

• Like 1

Hear me out, what if the Redskins ACTUALLY meant to draft AGG in the third round?  Its been a long day on the phones, coming down to the last couple minutes to get their pick off for their guy, Antonio Gandy-Golden.  Kyle goes and grabs the sheet and says yep, we are drafting WR Antonio G.  Sure enough, the pick goes in, and with some horror he sees on the screen its WR Antonio Gibson.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Burgold said:

People seem to be more excited about Gandy-Golden than Harmon. Why? Honest question. What makes him a better prospect?

I think Gandy Golden is a better prospect.  He was a higher draft pick in a better receiver class, so that kind of reflects his higher value.  The biggest difference in value is the separation skills.  I think AGG is better off the line and a better vertical threat.  He's also bigger and will have an easier time boxing small DBs out.

Gandy Golden has split end potential whereas Harmon might be best in the slot.  But Harmon is a really good young prospect in his own right.  He is a contested catch beast and the middle of the field can be his playground.  They can play different roles.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Pretty sure the Gandy man will wear #11, DeSean Jackson's old number. I have a Jackson jersey and just took scissors to take the name plate off, instant Gandy man jersey now. Don't throw away those stitched jerseys....

Wouldn't that require alex smith retiring or giving up the number?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/1/2020 at 9:57 PM, kingdaddy said:

Pretty sure the Gandy man will wear #11, DeSean Jackson's old number. I have a Jackson jersey and just took scissors to take the name plate off, instant Gandy man jersey now. Don't throw away those stitched jerseys....

Only jersey I would get is a throwback players.  It's much worse in bball, but a good, current jersey is just a bad investment imo

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

He has to make one-handed catches when his other arm is being practically yanked out of its socket.  Haskins is going to love throwing to the Golden Goose (though if he's that hard to bring down in the NFL, he'll be the Golden Moose).

• Like 2

Round 4: No. 142 overall — Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

Scout 1: “No. 4 wide-receiver type. He’s got some potential special teams ability. He was right in the group of receivers where it just was gonna come down to who do you like. About where we thought he should go.”

Scout 2: “Yeah, that’s a good pick, good strong, inside, middle of the field catcher. He’s good up the field. He doesn’t have elite speed but his speed is good enough and is good on the field. He’s kind of a possession receiver, but he can do some high point and back to shoulder things. I thought that was a good pick. Has a physical side to him that will help. Maybe more of a fifth-round projection for us, but that might be more about fit.”

Scout 3: “There’s your possession receiver. He’s gonna be a jump ball guy who can win in contested situations. The offense that they’re running there, they always had big guys, big bodies on the perimeter. And he fits that mold.”

Scout 4: “Good pick. They need a big target who can catch, a target with hands and the ability to catch outside of his target area because your QB (Dwayne Haskins) isn’t always accurate. Gandy-Golden won’t run by anyone, but he can catch. Made a leap after junior year.”

Source 1: “They got a smart dude who can do a Rubik’s Cube. I don’t think you do Rubik’s Cube in football. I’ve seen a lot of guys who can’t do a Rubik’s Cube, but boy, are they football smart and are situational football smart. Your quarterback. He’s not very situational football smart. He’s taking a selfie with somebody. That’s a great story about the Rubik’s Cube. But really, who cares? Yeah, if I need him to teach me that, I want to meet him. Let him teach me how to do that stuff. But you know, I want to know if he can catch the ball and run and win games for me. Right? It’s all about production again. He has talent, there’s no question about it. You can tell people like, and we all see things a little differently, have different values. Some people like light beer, some like IPAs. I like all beers.”

https://theathletic.com/1805658/2020/05/11/scouts-view-talent-evaluators-reveal-analysis-on-redskins-2020-class/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That was all over the place.  Without a lot of transition.  

Yeah, he was all over the road with this.

It seems like he couldn't find anything critical to speak of in Gandy-Golden's play, so he just went into this strange interlude about Rubik's Cubes, selfies, and beers.

What the hell is he talking about? I didn't get anything from that.

24 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, he was all over the road with this.

It seems like he couldn't find anything critical to speak of in Gandy-Golden's play, so he just went into this strange interlude about Rubik's Cubes, selfies, and beers.

What the hell is he talking about? I didn't get anything from that.

Then he transitioned (poorly) to Haskins. 

it was just all over the place.  

I think he worked himself into a state because the coverage made a big deal about all the things he did well, like Rubik’s cube, playing guitar, and he didn’t think it was relevant so he got liquored up and went off. 

• Haha 1