Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

zCommander

I don't think speed will be the reason he doesn't make it, if he doesn't make it.  He won't be out here on the #1 corner getting doubled.  If the rest of his game is sound, and he learns the nuances of how to play the position, I think he plays fast enough that he should be ok.  There's a whole hell of a ton that makes a receiver outside of straight up speed.  I don't know if he uses his hands off the LOS that great.  He doesn't seem to know what to do with press getting off the LOS.  But maybe he can develop that.  Liberty WR coaching won't be what he should get at the pro level.

I would have liked to have seen him run the 40 again.  A lot of these guys get second chances and improve them at a pro day and whatnot.  He might just be one of those guys that ran a bad 40 and was forced to let it stand, rather than get a second crack at it.  However, somebody mentioned it, and then i started watching his feet more closely, and he does seem a little heavy footed, or flat footed when he runs. 

Edited by justice98

I can see AGG not only making the team but being our start X receiver with McLaurin. Hes seems like the type of kid that's good everything he tries.

My concern with him is I could see him leading the league in receiving and looking for a new challenge outside of football after a couple of seasons, lol.

So I have a challenge for you Mr. Gandy Golden. I challenge you to help lead your team and franchise to multiple Superbowl championships (3) before you look for another challenge.

• Thanks 1

When it comes to day 3 receivers, it’s all a crapshoot isn’t it?  For every Randy Moss (1st rounder) there’s gonna be an Antonio Brown. I’m surprised no one is mentioning this kids hand size. Apparently they are 10inches and very strong which will help offset not having the blazing speed. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

When it comes to day 3 receivers, it’s all a crapshoot isn’t it?  For every Randy Moss (1st rounder) there’s gonna be an Antonio Brown. I’m surprised no one is mentioning this kids hand size. Apparently they are 10inches and very strong which will help offset not having the blazing speed. 

Should be a good bail out option. Play breaks down and everyone is "covered'. Throw it to AGG he can probably box out and pull it down. Saves a few throw away incompletions in addition to being a red zone target.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Should be a good bail out option. Play breaks down and everyone is "covered'. Throw it to AGG he can probably box out and pull it down. Saves a few throw away incompletions in addition to being a red zone target.

I agree. He’s 6’4 and has big hands. The average height of nfl corners is what 5’10?  I’m 5’10 and can’t cover a 6’4 dude in basketball let alone catching a jump ball. 

And don’t sleep on Logan Thomas at tight end in the red zone.  You cant teach 6’6. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:31 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

We like these players with regional connections.  They make up like half our draft classes.

Had two thoughts about this - 

1) means they won’t have to fly in (bit risky ATM)

2) potentially more ticket sales and new Redskin fans from among all of the people that know these guys

... or it’s got nothing to do with either of those things, lol

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 11:07 PM, TK said:

@KDawg

You down with AGG (Yeah you know me) 

Who's down with AGG (Every last homie)

Who's down with AGG (All the homies)

Lol, I've still got this on 12" vinyl.

For you young-uns, vinyl was what we had before cassettes.

Cassettes were what we had before CD's.

CD's were what we had before, etc, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Lol, I've still got this on 12" vinyl.

For you young-uns, vinyl was what we had before cassettes.

Cassettes were what we had before CD's.

CD's were what we had before, etc, etc.

You forgot 8-tracks.  😀

• Like 2

19 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Had two thoughts about this - 

1) means they won’t have to fly in (bit risky ATM)

2) potentially more ticket sales and new Redskin fans from among all of the people that know these guys

... or it’s got nothing to do with either of those things, lol

I think we can go even simpler: DMV produces a lot of NFL caliber players, and the close schools and high schools are geographically easier for us to keep tabs on.  Some of our FO guys have probably had players like Jonathan Allen and Chase Young and Dwayne Haskins on their radar since high school.

It's a bias sourced in physical proximity.

• Like 2