Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

Just now, Burgold said:

I’d been on record for not really wanting a receiver, but we could use a returner, a third down back, and neither Simms or Harmon are untouchable, I guess. 

By position, I don’t love the pick, but I don’t know the player. 

What if I told you he's a returner, a third down back and a slot receiver?

Great player, with legit long speed, a 4.39 40.

i thought he might last till the 4th but wouldn’t have been surprised seeing him go sometime in the 3rd if we hadn’t made the pick. 

He makes great cuts and has some serious juice, and can separate quickly once he sees daylight. His hips are a little tight and his role will be specialized at first but he also can contribute on special teams. 

This is our Curtis Samuels for Scott Turner. With Laviska gone, he had the greatest combination of athletic upside out of the WR/RB hybrids still available. 

5 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Surround Haskins with speedy weapons who can spread the field and get YAC on both quick hitters and/or burn you deep. I LOVE the strategy, and the player. I thought he was a late 3rd or early 4th guy, but given the fact that 15 WR have already been selected, that changes the terrain. 

I’m on board. Welcome AG!

If ya do't have Trent and ya dont have a replacement for Trent, and ya dont have an Oline, then you better have speed on offense

Months ago, I asked who would be a good weapon out of the backfield to add - a guy that could handle some carries, but was mainly a pass catching, YAC monster that could be split out wide.  Shoutout to @stevemcqueen1 for immediately responding ‘Gibson’.  

Not my favorite guy in terms of value, but with reports Turner loved Shenault, Gibson makes a lot of sense.  

Just now, PartyPosse said:

At this point I imagine the team is still hoping Trent ends up being our LT this season. 

I don't know why they wouldn't want that if they think he's worth more than a 4th rounder. If they can make it work, great. 

Guess there was no trade offers on the table? They made the pick fast. Not a fan of gadget guys early, i guess they thought he was bpa but outside of Chase, this draft has unfolded into a disaster, in that everything that could have gone wrong with regard to Trent and selections has gone wrong.

I dunno, it feels like FA to me. Not thrilled but will wait and see.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I dont think he is gonna be playing out of the backfield very much. Other than being in motion.

I could see a scenario with both McKissic and Gibson back there.  That would be tough to guard. You could have Mclaurin, Sims Jr, McKissic, Gibson, and somebody else all out in a route.  

Just now, KDawg said:

What if I told you he's a returner, a third down back and a slot receiver?

Lol. I’m always a soft touch. 

I remember being higher on Simms than you during the season. I’m ready for Gibson to be great. 

I just would have mentally leaned towards guard, inside linebacker, tight end, or defensive back. 

them again, if he was the best player that’s good enough for me. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Lol. I’m always a soft touch. 

I remember being higher on Simms than you during the season. I’m ready for Gibson to be great. 

I just would have mentally leaned towards guard, inside linebacker, tight end, or defensive back. 

them again, if he was the best player that’s good enough for me. 

I like Sims okay. I don't think he's a consistent stud, but he's a blow the roof off kind of guy. He has significant value. Gibson adds consistency, imo. 

Archived